Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Wasn't that 1973 when they had the odd and even days for gas (or for DrD since Sandy)?
    We never went to Odd/Even here after Sandy. That was in effect in only the northern counties. I suppose it would not have mattered since for 8 days no one got gas around here. The stations were all closed with no power to pump anything. Back in the 70's we had odd/even here during the oil crisis. Supposedly I did not have to obey the rule though as I had Physician plates on the car and was considered an emergency vehicle-but I was afraid if I went to the pump on a day that i was not supposed to, I might get shot, so I obeyed the rule.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

I realize that, but REDaero91 wrote that it shows up in her mail which would remind me to look at it.
      It shows up in Morning Mail, which is a program the school started to keep students informed of the goings on at RPI through an email of headlines every morning.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        It shows up in Morning Mail, which is a program the school started to keep students informed of the goings on at RPI through an email of headlines every morning.
        Thanks. I'll just have to look there every once in awhile.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks. I'll just have to look there every once in awhile.
          It looks like you can't subscribe to Morning Mail unless you have an RCS user ID and password, but the website is here: http://morningmail.rpi.edu/ and the archives website, as FlagDUDE posted, is http://archives.rpi.edu/blog/

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            this is way cool. Thanks REDaero.
            No problem!

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
              It looks like you can't subscribe to Morning Mail unless you have an RCS user ID and password, but the website is here: http://morningmail.rpi.edu/ and the archives website, as FlagDUDE posted, is http://archives.rpi.edu/blog/
              I suspect that most of the content of Morning Mail wouldn't interest me anyway. I'll just have to check the archives blog every once in a while.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Wasn't that 1973 when they had the odd and even days for gas (or for DrD since Sandy)?
                Yes. I was a Sr. in HS. We were using parchment by then
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Yep. And gas prices went from 35 cents per gallon to 75 in about two months. If that happened now, we'd be paying 7.50 a gallon!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                    Yep. And gas prices went from 35 cents per gallon to 75 in about two months. If that happened now, we'd be paying 7.50 a gallon!
                    Yes, but they returned eventually pretty much to their former level.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                      While we're on a break this week and reminiscing about the RPI tournament, among other things, I thought I'd finally get around to posting this.

RPI has a new archives blog, which shows up in Morning Mail from time to time. A few months ago they had a mystery image of a crowd of people at some sort of sporting event, and were asking for input on when and where it was taken. This post details the answer-one man in the crowd is holding a game program, and from that they were able to pinpoint that the photo was taken during the 1959 NCAA Tournament, which was held at the Field House. In the article you can click on both the mystery photo and cover of the program to see larger images, and there is also a link to an archived version of the program, which is pretty cool.
                      Does anyone know when they replaced the seats in the grandstands? My recollection, which may however be faulty, is that the seats which are there now were already there when I entered in 1964 or they were replaced by very similar seats at some time. They have been repainted -- more than once probably.

Edit: I wonder how many fans of the participating teams were there. The only fan with a logo that I see is the man in the lower left who looks half asleep, and I can't place it. Although that team jerseys were not worn my fans until quite recently, I would expect to see some logos of the participating teams: BC, MSU, NDak, and SLU.

Edit^2: I just noticed that there is a box on the right to subscribe to the blog.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-25-2012, 03:43 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes, but they returned eventually pretty much to their former level.
                        No idea what you're talking about, we're paying 10 times the "former level".

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          No idea what you're talking about, we're paying 10 times the "former level".
                          I was referring to soon after the 1973 embargo. Many things are on the order of or more than ten times more expensive than in the early 1970s, e.g. RPI tuition.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Cheap Plug for my cousins band Linear North http://linearnorthmusic.com/ who will be playing a show on the RPI campus next saturday night December 1st at Ground Zero http://gzbasement.net/index.php located in the basement of Nugent Hall. Doors are at 8 music should go on around 8:30 or 9 admission is $3. So after watching the hockey game head over to see some live music.
                            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Anyone know what the hec those awful sweaters Cornell was wearing last night during the 2nd period? Missed the 1st period so I do not know what they were wearing but noticed in the 3rd period they changed into their regular white sweaters. Looked like they were to support the troops but if so why did they take them off in the 3rd. I cannot find, though have not looked too hard, a thread talking about it on here.

Comment

They wore the sweaters during the 2nd period and are going to auction them off with all proceeds going to the Wounded Warriors foundation. They floated the idea around for a while and figured the MSG game would be the best place to do it. I also believe that one of the Cornell players has a parent in active duty.
                                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Working...
                                X