Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

This is the jersey that Cornell will be wearing in the second period at MSG this evening. The Ugly Helmets might have trouble finding them.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

!0 of the 12 ECAC teams are currently in the PWR http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/ at the moment, all but RPI and Sucks. I wonder when that last happened.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        !0 of the 12 ECAC teams are currently in the PWR http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/ at the moment, all but RPI and Sucks. I wonder when that last happened.
        I know one person I usually play trivia with was weirded out by the fact the RPI, Harvard, and Sucks are towards the bottom of the ECAC, while teams like Union and Yale are up towards the top. It's like taking the game from the 90's, but watching it upside-down.

Comment

While we're on a break this week and reminiscing about the RPI tournament, among other things, I thought I'd finally get around to posting this.

RPI has a new archives blog, which shows up in Morning Mail from time to time. A few months ago they had a mystery image of a crowd of people at some sort of sporting event, and were asking for input on when and where it was taken. This post details the answer-one man in the crowd is holding a game program, and from that they were able to pinpoint that the photo was taken during the 1959 NCAA Tournament, which was held at the Field House. In the article you can click on both the mystery photo and cover of the program to see larger images, and there is also a link to an archived version of the program, which is pretty cool.

Comment

this is way cool. Thanks REDaero.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
              While we're on a break this week and reminiscing about the RPI tournament, among other things, I thought I'd finally get around to posting this.

RPI has a new archives blog, which shows up in Morning Mail from time to time. A few months ago they had a mystery image of a crowd of people at some sort of sporting event, and were asking for input on when and where it was taken. This post details the answer-one man in the crowd is holding a game program, and from that they were able to pinpoint that the photo was taken during the 1959 NCAA Tournament, which was held at the Field House. In the article you can click on both the mystery photo and cover of the program to see larger images, and there is also a link to an archived version of the program, which is pretty cool.
              25 cents for the program, wasn't that expensive in those days? I remember gas was below a dollar in the late 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post

How does one subscribe to that, or is it something that only students get?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

How does one subscribe to that, or is it something that only students get?
                  It's merely a blog, similar to WaP. http://archives.rpi.edu/blog/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    It's merely a blog, similar to WaP. http://archives.rpi.edu/blog/
                    I realize that, but REDaero91 wrote that it shows up in her mail which would remind me to look at it.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                      25 cents for the program, wasn't that expensive in those days? I remember gas was below a dollar in the late 70's.
                      It was still 25 cents for a program when I entered RPI in 1964 and gas was about 20 cents per gallon. Hasn't that ratio remained fairly constant? (On the other hand, there is more information in programs now, but IMHO it is difficult to write down goals and penalties on glossy paper.)
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It was still 25 cents for a program when I entered RPI in 1964 and gas was about 20 cents per gallon. Hasn't that ratio remained fairly constant? (On the other hand, there is more information in programs now, but IMHO it is difficult to write down goals and penalties on glossy paper.)
                        were they still using papyrus when you were there?
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          Yes.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought the program was carved in stone tablets for us back then. And if I remember correctly gas was 24.9ยข per gallon for leaded regular.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                              I was pumping gas on the Thruway while still in HS back then......Odd & Even days to purchase gas....the manager thought if he put HS kids out there people were less likely to go nuts...man, was he wrong!

Comment

I was pumping gas on the Thruway while still in HS back then......Odd & Even days to purchase gas....the manager thought if he put HS kids out there people were less likely to go nuts...man, was he wrong!
                                Wasn't that 1973 when they had the odd and even days for gas (or for DrD since Sandy)?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X