DU Not Swept In Four Years Of WCHA Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DU Not Swept In Four Years Of WCHA Play

The Denver Post has an article about "The last time DU was swept in a WCHA series" - Nov. 14 & 15, 2008 by St. Cloud State.

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...e-hockeys-most

Interesting to know if any other program in the WCHA, CCHA or Hockey East could match this?
    Last edited by dggoddard; 11-13-2012, 03:24 PM.

Re: DU Not Swept In Four Years Of WCHA Play

Well, thankfully BC isn't in the WCHA. They put a whupping on the Pios at Magness in the early 2010-2011 season by a combined score of 9-2 as I'm sure you remember.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
      Interesting to know if any other program in the WCHA, CCHA or Hockey East could match this?
      How about winning 27 out of 28 games?
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Well, thankfully BC isn't in the WCHA. They put a whupping on the Pios at Magness in the early 2010-2011 season by a combined score of 9-2 as I'm sure you remember.
        Yep. Nightmare weekend.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        How about winning 27 out of 28 games?
        Not bad.

No team has ever gone undefeated in WCHA play

Only CC won the WCHA regular season title three years in row ['93-96]

Wisconsin has only won three WCHA regular season titles, but has six National Championships.

Only a few teams have ever won the WCHA regular season, the playoff title & the NC in the same season.
        Last edited by dggoddard; 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Goddard...don't jinx us!
          Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
          www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
            Goddard...don't jinx us!
            Better call Grandma Bella!
            Originally posted by vizoroo
            Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
            Originally posted by duper
            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
            Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
            Originally posted by dggoddard
            Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

The Denver Post has an article about "The last time DU was swept in a WCHA series" - Nov. 14 & 15, 2008 by St. Cloud State.

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...e-hockeys-most

That's all nice and swell but would you trade that to have a better post season record? 1-5 yikes.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                That's all nice and swell but would you trade that to have a better post season record? 1-5 yikes.
                You failed to mention that DU was 8-0 in the Tourney before going 1-5 in recent seasons.

Red Berenson has been to the Tournament 22 straight times & only has two National Championships, including none in the past 14 years.

North Dakota has lost five straight Final Four games.

Spin the numbers any way you want.
                Last edited by dggoddard; 11-13-2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Will probably be swept this weekend, now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                    Will probably be swept this weekend, now.
                    My thoughts exactly...lol
                    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Yep. Nightmare weekend.

Not bad.

No team has ever gone undefeated in WCHA play

Only CC won the WCHA regular season title three years in row ['93-96]

Wisconsin has only won three WCHA regular season titles, but has six National Championships.

Only a few teams have ever won the WCHA regular season, the playoff title & the NC in the same season.
                      North Dakota won three WCHA Regular Season Titles in a row (1997, 1998, 1999), and they've won at least 3 in every decade since the WCHA formed with the exception of the 1970s. Now, only one team has won the Broadmoor three times in a row (North Dakota: 2010, 2011, 2012).

And several teams have won the WCHA Regular Season Title, Playoff Title, and National Title in the same season. North Dakota has done it three times (1980, 1987, 1997), Denver has done it four times (1960, 1961, 1968, 2005), Michigan Tech once (1962), Wisconsin twice (1977, 1990), and Northern Michigan once (1991). Surprisingly, the Gophers have never won the WCHA Regular Season Title and the National title in the same season.

And while DU has not been "swept in a WCHA series," they did manage to lose both of their games in the 2010 Final Five, falling to North Dakota on Friday and Wisconsin on Saturday. Either way though, it is a quirky and impressive streak...that will surely be snapped this weekend now that everyone has been talking about it.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Kinda funny that the only comments on here about such an impressive streak are negative. It's OK, people, to admire another team's accomplishment. It doesn't mean that your team sucks.

Pretty incredible run, in my opinion. All hail Gwoz.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                          Kinda funny that the only comments on here about such an impressive streak are negative. It's OK, people, to admire another team's accomplishment. It doesn't mean that your team sucks.

Pretty incredible run, in my opinion. All hail Gwoz.
                          Negative? Please girl, what did you expect? This is a classic case of DG looking for love in all the wrong places. That dude will do anything for attention. Do you know why? He's nothing more than a gosh darn troll, word to Big Bird...can you feel me???
                          Originally posted by vizoroo
                          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                          Originally posted by dggoddard
                          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

This info would have fit nicely in the DU season thread.
                            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

You failed to mention that DU was 8-0 in the Tourney before going 1-5 in recent seasons.

Red Berenson has been to the Tournament 22 straight times & only has two National Championships, including none in the past 14 years.

North Dakota has lost five straight Final Four games.

Spin the numbers any way you want.
                              I'm just going with the stats YOUR own beat writer used in the article.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                              X