DU Not Swept In Four Years Of WCHA Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
    This. Never have I had a problem or reason to root against DU before but this is a little arrogant to post as an individual thread. You don't see a U of Michigan thread titled " U of M, all time leader in national titles".....nor a Cornell thread that says "Cornell to remain as only undefeated champion ever"...nor a BC thread that says "BC participated in 7 of last 13 national championship games"..... Its a very admirable and rare streak but that information is out there for those who care to read about and appreciate it, each team has their "trophy case" facts, but most fan bases don't start threads about them
    Holy crap
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Holy crap
      Lol it gets even more impressive, I went back and looked and its actually 8 of the last 15 lol

Comment

Re: DU Not Swept In Four Years Of WCHA Play

Lol it gets even more impressive, I went back and looked and its actually 8 of the last 15 lol
        D-mn! That's a hell of a run.
        Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Holy crap
          You better start a thread.

Comment

Not only that, but they held a lead in all 8 of those championship games, including holding a 3rd period lead in 7 of the 8, and were tied in the 3rd in the other. It's been an amazing run for BC.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Not only that, but they held a lead in all 8 of those championship games, including holding a 3rd period lead in 7 of the 8, and were tied in the 3rd in the other. It's been an amazing run for BC.
              "Boston College has blown leads in four of the last eight National Championship Games."

Talk about chokers.

If only they had a good coach during the past decade and a half they would have been a great program.

FYI: DU won 5 National Championship in 12 years [1958-69] and only lost two National Championship games in that span, so BC still has some work to do.

Full Disclosure: Michigan won 6 National Championships in 9 years [1948-1957].
              Last edited by dggoddard; 11-15-2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Bump :'(
                Originally posted by vizoroo
                Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                Originally posted by duper
                I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                Originally posted by dggoddard
                Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post

Stutter stutter ... mumble mumble ... uh um ...

Comment

DU was not swept the past weekend by Colorado College.

For those of you keeping score at home that's:

1,465 Days without being swept in WCHA play
                    Last edited by dggoddard; 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

*****http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcz617rSy01r38j04o1_500.gif******
                      Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                      www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Is it too soon to mention that is has been three days since cc has been swept in league play?

Comment

You're not going to pull a Ralph-in-the-off-season and start a countup, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            You're not going to pull a Ralph-in-the-off-season and start a countup, are you?
                            If only I had the computer savvy to install a clock.

Comment

14ers is

RIP Butch

sigpic
                              www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Hope this helps

****** SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=How%20Long%20Since%20cc%20were%20champ ions%3F&count=up&time=-403725600000&bgc=0xcc0000&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

Comment

Working...
                                X