Boston University at Vermont 11/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University at Vermont 11/16

It's an endangered species in Hockey East: a game thread.

Re: Boston University at Vermont 11/16

Who starts in goal for BU?
    #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
      Who starts in goal for BU?
      If it is actually a competition still, it has to be Maguire since he didn't play last weekend and won't start against UNH on Sunday either most likely
      GO BU

Comment

For BU fans: Vermont Webcasts are free.
        http://www.nsnsports.net/uvm
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Freep says its Maguire Friday against Vermont, O'Connor Sunday against UNH
          #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
            Freep says its Maguire Friday against Vermont, O'Connor Sunday against UNH
            1-0 UVM. Cats win in on of the most boring games ever seen in NCAA division 1 hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
              1-0 UVM. Cats win in on of the most boring games ever seen in NCAA division 1 hockey.
              Boy I hope I get to see that!!!
              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
                Something even more boring than that.... Ends in a 0-0 tie!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Something even more boring than that.... Ends in a 0-0 tie!
                  The 2006-07 Boston University Johnny Currys

Comment

After last week's performance; victory over ND, preventing a relentless BC attack from scoring the 8 or 9 they could/should have, I just don't see it as any kind of competition anymore.
                    O'Connor is it.

Also, can someone explain Alexx P to me?
                    I just don't know what to think of him.
                    He gets burned on occasion and does some not too smart things (stick handling in penalty box, etc.) then scores a genius goal late vs. the igles.
                    The guy behind me was screaming at him to get off the ice all game and left before he scored.

Comment

Taking into account the Cats' powerhouse offense, I'll go with BU in this game 3-0.

Comment

Originally posted by skatin_terrier View Post
                        After last week's performance; victory over ND, preventing a relentless BC attack from scoring the 8 or 9 they could/should have, I just don't see it as any kind of competition anymore.
                        O'Connor is it.
                        In the Freep article from yesterday, Parker is quoted as calling O'Connor 1 and Maguire 1A, saying they could go back to an even trade off if Maguire ups his play or O'Connor comes back to the pack a bit, but from his quotes, it seems fairly clear it's not a straight up 50/50 platoon anymore. That said, this is a good game to give Maguire. Allows him to get another road start against a weaker opponent than his last road start, and it gives O'Connor the start against the far superior team we play this weekend. Maybe Maguire gets SLU if he does well tonight, but O'Connor should get both BC games.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          O'Connor should get both BC games.
                          I'm not so sure about this. O'Connor didn't look particularly excellent against BC and it might benefit us to throw a different goalie at them especially if the think they have O'Connor figured out. O'Connor should definitely get the first game, but if Maguire has a good game tonight and if he plays well again before the BC series, maybe give him a chance against BC, depending on how O'Connor plays in the first game.

And since this is a BU-UVM thread, I hate playing UVM. They are a frustrating opponent. I feel like BU usually dominates puck possession, but more often than not have little to show for it. You also never know what you're going to get with UVM. I remember back a few seasons ago where BU beat UVM by like 8 one night and then lost the next. I feel like these games tend to be either BU blowouts, 3-3 ties or UVM 1 goal victories. So I'll guess either 7-1 BU, 3-2 UVM, or a 3-3 tie but I'm leaning toward the 3-3 tie.

Comment

Originally posted by skatin_terrier View Post
                            Also, can someone explain Alexx P to me?
                            I just don't know what to think of him.
                            He gets burned on occasion and does some not too smart things (stick handling in penalty box, etc.) then scores a genius goal late vs. the igles.
                            The guy behind me was screaming at him to get off the ice all game and left before he scored.
                            To be honest, I feel like his last goal was a result of the great puck movement on that particular power play. There would be plenty more goals if BU could consistently move the puck like that.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                              I'm not so sure about this. O'Connor didn't look particularly excellent against BC and it might benefit us to throw a different goalie at them especially if the think they have O'Connor figured out. O'Connor should definitely get the first game, but if Maguire has a good game tonight and if he plays well again before the BC series, maybe give him a chance against BC, depending on how O'Connor plays in the first game.

And since this is a BU-UVM thread, I hate playing UVM. They are a frustrating opponent. I feel like BU usually dominates puck possession, but more often than not have little to show for it. You also never know what you're going to get with UVM. I remember back a few seasons ago where BU beat UVM by like 8 one night and then lost the next. I feel like these games tend to be either BU blowouts, 3-3 ties or UVM 1 goal victories. So I'll guess either 7-1 BU, 3-2 UVM, or a 3-3 tie but I'm leaning toward the 3-3 tie.
                              You've got to keep giving Maguire games here and there beacuse 1) he has a lot of potential/foolhardy to write him off this early and 2) keep O'Connor hungry. I thought O'Connor looked pretty good against BC, besides an early goal, he made some good saves and kept BC to that one goal until the last 5 crazy minutes of the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X