Castleton State Hockey 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castleton State Hockey 2012-2013

Castleton is off to a slow start, I think they need to give some freahmen a chance because there older players are not steping up as of right now. They are a good team but need to find something else that works.

Re: Castleton State Hockey 2012-2013

Originally posted by HockeyKing View Post
    Castleton is off to a slow start, I think they need to give some freahmen a chance because there older players are not steping up as of right now. They are a good team but need to find something else that works.
    Maybe less penalties
    Steve Day(NU71)
    Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
      Maybe less penalties
      Considering their one W was in the game in which they only took 3 penalties for 6 mins, I'd have to concur with this assessment...

At 71 PIMS, they're way ahead of last year's pace (47 through the first 4 games).

Checking From Behind x 5
      Tripping x 5
      Holding x 4
      Cross-Checking x 4
      Interference x 2
      Hooking x 2
      Slashing x 2
      Roughing x 2
      Boarding x 1
      Delay of Game x 1

Misconducts x 2

Assessment: Lots of CFB and tripping, as well as holding, would indicate to me that they're not comfortably winning their footraces... maybe they need a bit more speed?

Although, I'm curious as to how Castleton's 2nd penalty of this game was a BENCH minor for holding...? Also, how does one player take 2 minors for Checking from behind at the same time? And what did Castleton do to get a delay of game penalty 1 second into their 5x3 Penalty Kill?
      Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 11-12-2012, 12:28 PM.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I try and catch 2-3 games a year but this year they have had the same home and away schedule as Norwich so no games yet. Castleton has always been known as an agressive team and has incurred more than the average number of penalties. I checked the stats and the guys you would think are scoring seem to be scoring this year: Nick Lazorko, Josh Harris, Colin Murray, and Justin Alanzo. I am not sure of the goaltenders but my favorite guy, Eric Cinotti, doesn't seem to be getting any playing time this year. In the past I have seen him have some outstanding games for Castleton. Whatever there problems with Norwich, Plattsburgh, and Oswego on the schedule they need to get there act together fast to compete with thoes teams. Just my own opinion but I believe a stronger pre-season schedule like playing a Canadian U team or the USA under 18 team would of helped the team more than going to Austria.
        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          ...Also, how does one player take 2 minors for Checking from behind at the same time? And what did Castleton do to get a delay of game penalty 1 second into their 5x3 Penalty Kill?
          One can get called for two penalties at the same time if they were the transgressor of a delayed penalty and then committed another penalty during the delay. The penalties would be assigned the same Time of Penalty at the next whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
            Considering their one W was in the game in which they only took 3 penalties for 6 mins, I'd have to concur with this assessment...

At 71 PIMS, they're way ahead of last year's pace (47 through the first 4 games).

Checking From Behind x 5
            Tripping x 5
            Holding x 4
            Cross-Checking x 4
            Interference x 2
            Hooking x 2
            Slashing x 2
            Roughing x 2
            Boarding x 1
            Delay of Game x 1

Misconducts x 2

Assessment: Lots of CFB and tripping, as well as holding, would indicate to me that they're not comfortably winning their footraces... maybe they need a bit more speed?

Although, I'm curious as to how Castleton's 2nd penalty of this game was a BENCH minor for holding...? Also, how does one player take 2 minors for Checking from behind at the same time? And what did Castleton do to get a delay of game penalty 1 second into their 5x3 Penalty Kill?
            Coach Todd will be on The Really Big Sports Show Tuesday morning at 9:30 on NSNradio.net .

Comment

I was at the gane and it was very poorly officiated . The second penalty when Castleton already had 2 men in the box was when Alex was talking to the 3 players on the ice by the Castleton bench ,apparently for too long, no warning at all.In the 2nd period you couldn"t touch anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian C View Post
                I was at the gane and it was very poorly officiated . The second penalty when Castleton already had 2 men in the box was when Alex was talking to the 3 players on the ice by the Castleton bench ,apparently for too long, no warning at all.In the 2nd period you couldn"t touch anybody.
                You live and.die.by.the sword. Clean up the play and you would be amazed at the calls you dont get....again it starts at the top tho....
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I do agree they take way to many penalties, but some of it is from pretty bad reffing as from what i heard. Castleton needs to put cinotti back in the net, I have no clue why hes not playing and as I said before they need to mix some of their freashmen into the mix because i know they recruited good talent this year. There is no offense yet. Besides Castletons stars Harris, Lorzoko Alonzo etc they need to rotate the other upper classman because they are not doing anything as of right now. Whats happening right now is not working especially without cinotti in the net, Castleton needs to figure out something quick or else its going to be a long season.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                    I try and catch 2-3 games a year but this year they have had the same home and away schedule as Norwich so no games yet. Castleton has always been known as an aggressive team and has incurred more than the average number of penalties. I checked the stats and the guys you would think are scoring seem to be scoring this year: Nick Lazorko, Josh Harris, Colin Murray, and Justin Alanzo. I am not sure of the goaltenders but my favorite guy, Eric Cinotti, doesn't seem to be getting any playing time this year. In the past I have seen him have some outstanding games for Castleton. Whatever there problems with Norwich, Plattsburgh, and Oswego on the schedule they need to get there act together fast to compete with those teams. Just my own opinion but I believe a stronger pre-season schedule like playing a Canadian U team or the USA under 18 team would of helped the team more than going to Austria.
                    So Mr. Welcher, maybe with the money you have saved by going to the Norwich games and not having to travel, you can afford a steak dinner???
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

That would help, but having refs that call every liitle hit doesnt help either

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyKing View Post
                        That would help, but having refs that call every liitle hit doesnt help either

All refs in all games in all rinks year after year are out to get castleton? Maybe someone should show them a video on what you can do and what you cant do lol.

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                          So Mr. Welcher, maybe with the money you have saved by going to the Norwich games and not having to travel, you can afford a steak dinner???
                          I am saving up for my trip to NH this weekend and the trip accros the lake in a month or so. Hey Norm from the results I have seen Plattsburgh is having a great season and I am going to try and make the Castleton/Plattsburgh game in Rutland in a few weeks. I not sure if you realize it but Spartan Arena gets very wild for the big games with Norwich and I am sure Plattsburgh falls into the same class. I realize Castleton plays a little rough but I wish Plattsburgh continues its series with Castleton because it is good for hockey in the Champlain Valley. Are you planning to come over to the Primelink at Norwich this year?
                          2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                          2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                            I am saving up for my trip to NH this weekend and the trip accros the lake in a month or so. Hey Norm from the results I have seen Plattsburgh is having a great season and I am going to try and make the Castleton/Plattsburgh game in Rutland in a few weeks. I not sure if you realize it but Spartan Arena gets very wild for the big games with Norwich and I am sure Plattsburgh falls into the same class. I realize Castleton plays a little rough but I wish Plattsburgh continues its series with Castleton because it is good for hockey in the Champlain Valley. Are you planning to come over to the Primelink at Norwich this year?
                            That is currently the plan - despite the sound that it might smell like swindler there.
                            Larry Normandin
                            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

When you have a reputation for being dirty, you shouldn't complain and whine about EVERY call (icing, offside included).....CSC will never figure it out.....

Comment

Working...
                              X