X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2012-2013, Part 2

Originally posted by MeridianStreet View Post
    OK guys. It's just my take on it. I think there is a difference between being critical and being negative. When the Lakers win their first game next season you can chime in that night with an "attaboy."
    He does make a positive post occasionally, but it's one positive for about every 50 negative posts that rip on the program/coach. It is a fan forum, so people are welcome to their opinions. When you repeat the same thing over and over like the Truth sisters, though, it gets old. I think some people think by repeatedly saying the same things that they might somehow make a difference, as if the powers to be actually read and/or care about this forum.

Comment

jnacc. I am with you on this. Roque just doesn't give any confidence anylonger to warrant defending his 8 years . Here is how I see next season from a Laker team. Same team is coming back that totally collasped the second half of the season and not a **** thing will change the outlook for next season unless the coaching staff figures out why the hell this team is so hugely inconsistant . Defend Roque all you want but 8 years of wondering what team is going to show up each night is no longer fun.

Comment

Those Jim Roque apologists on here are exactly right, next season is the year that he leads the Lakers to a top finish in the new league, NCAA tournaments and more. Under his direction he has built something big over the last eight years and he just needs a little bit more time. There are zero other options, you people are so right. I have faith in you Jimbo ,these haters on here don't have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
          Those Jim Roque apologists on here are exactly right, next season is the year that he leads the Lakers to a top finish in the new league, NCAA tournaments and more. Under his direction he has built something big over the last eight years and he just needs a little bit more time. There are zero other options, you people are so right. I have faith in you Jimbo ,these haters on here don't have a clue.
          17 years since Jackson left. 5 winning seasons, although only Borek's first year was more than 2 games over .500. Alaska Anchorage, since joining the WCHA, four coaches, none with a winning percentage over .340. Now these programs have some similarities. Fans calling for the coaches heads being one of them. But history would tell me that all seven of these guys were probably not bad coaches. Something tells me there are more obstacles facing these programs than the name on the coaches door. Michigan Tech was in the same situation since John MacInnes retired. And though they look to be a team on the rise, they were still 7 games under .500 this year. Now what do you think may be one big reason that Tech looks to be moving up that LSSU doesn't have?
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory
            That being said, I do have to disagree on the 7th, 8th, or 9th place projection Bill & sm2pk have thrown out there. This team (all offensive & defensive woes considered) should be a top-4 team in the new league. Experience for this year's freshman (especially on D) should help immensely. Anything less than a top-4 finish, I will be wholeheartedly on the new coach bandwagon. My patience is wearing thin as well, just not quite as much as others. 1 more year is all I'm willing to give.
            As you people up there said last year, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before. You would think you people up there would run out of excuses for your buddy Jimbo, but I give you credit, you are much more clever than I give you uppers credit for. Come up with more excuses on the golf course, hope the season is underway up there...not to long before it is here.

FORE!!!!

The Truth Is Out There....
            TBA
            TBA
            Last edited by Truth Squad; 03-25-2013, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              Now what do you think may be one big reason that Tech looks to be moving up that LSSU doesn't have?
              More money.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
                FOUR!!!!
                Four what?
                the truth is, golfers yell "fore!".
                Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 • SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=661986
                  News Release: Senators sign forward Buddy Robinson to a three-year contract
                  Monday, 25.03.2013 / 11:35 AM / News
                  Ottawa Senators

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                    Four what?
                    the truth is, golfers yell "fore!".
                    Whatever!!!!! Nice Try

The Truth Is Out There....
                    TBA

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      17 years since Jackson left. 5 winning seasons, although only Borek's first year was more than 2 games over .500. Alaska Anchorage, since joining the WCHA, four coaches, none with a winning percentage over .340. Now these programs have some similarities. Fans calling for the coaches heads being one of them. But history would tell me that all seven of these guys were probably not bad coaches. Something tells me there are more obstacles facing these programs than the name on the coaches door. Michigan Tech was in the same situation since John MacInnes retired. And though they look to be a team on the rise, they were still 7 games under .500 this year. Now what do you think may be one big reason that Tech looks to be moving up that LSSU doesn't have?

Dave what does money have to do with what most Laker fans are saying that the coach doesn't get the most out of his talent. How many times is this now I've lost count.

Good luck to Buddy Robinson his leaving will hurt next season.
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                        Dave what does money have to do with what most Laker fans are saying that the coach doesn't get the most out of his talent. How many times is this now I've lost count.

Good luck to Buddy Robinson his leaving will hurt next season.
                        Are you certain that those players have more? The higher quality players you are able to attract, the more success you will have.

As for the Robinson signing, nice accomplishment for Buddy. Now, how do you replace Lain and Buddy leaving? It's tough for the NMUs and LSSUs have the world to just fill those voids. NMU lost Gustaffsson and Olver a year early and it showed in the next year's standings.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Are you certain that those players have more? The higher quality players you are able to attract, the more success you will have.

As for the Robinson signing, nice accomplishment for Buddy. Now, how do you replace Lain and Buddy leaving? It's tough for the NMUs and LSSUs have the world to just fill those voids. NMU lost Gustaffsson and Olver a year early and it showed in the next year's standings.

I think the staff does a pretty good job getting players to come here, two years in a row a sophomore has signed pro. I think the inconsistent play is more towards the coach then the players. Now I admit money is a issue but not exactly what most are talking about.

Yes you had a big loss when your two mentioned players left they were high end players. I do hope your doing ok Dave.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                            I think the staff does a pretty good job getting players to come here, two years in a row a sophomore has signed pro. I think the inconsistent play is more towards the coach then the players. Now I admit money is a issue but not exactly what most are talking about.

Yes you had a big loss when your two mentioned players left they were high end players. I do hope your doing ok Dave.
                            Whatever happened with the planned expansion to the Norris Center? Did that ever get off the ground?
                            Last edited by eye4talent; 03-25-2013, 03:40 PM.
                            "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

• Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post

All alive and well. Looking forward to the new league. But I would like a week or two of summer somewhere in between!

Comment

All alive and well. Looking forward to the new league. But I would like a week or two of summer somewhere in between!
                                Same here Dave.
                                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                                X