This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2012-2013, Part 2

Good sweep and just let the offense play and be creative and more goals will pop in .

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      On the Laker Hockey Show, Roque said the kid from Alberta that visited a couple of weeks ago called yesterday and verbally committed. So it appears we have more forward recruits coming in next season than we have Senior forwards who are using up their eligibility. Maybe someone(s) in addition to Lain isn't coming back?
      Hey Bill,

Been wiating to see a name come across the committment websites for the Alberta kid, but nothing to date. You have a name or any further information on this committ?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NewLakerfan View Post
        Hey Bill,

Been wiating to see a name come across the committment websites for the Alberta kid, but nothing to date. You have a name or any further information on this committ?

Thanks.
        He's not a big kid so presumably he's a good skater, since Roque has stated they need to recruit with the larger ice surfaces in the nWCHA (I think 4 schools have them) in mind. Good scorer in the AJHL. I've been watching some web sites but haven't seen anything yet either. Maybe something will show up this week. Probably depends on if/when the kid tells his Junior coach and/or his local news gets a hold of it. Then it will get posted to the AJHL web site, and the Heisenberg and College Hockey Inc recruiting sites. Based upon what Roque said on the Laker Hockey Show, I think it's been about 2 weeks since the kid called and verbally committed. I think Laprade first saw the kid last season and he's the 1st kid that caught Laprade's attention since joining the Laker coaching staff and getting out on the recruiting trail.

I don't think it's appropriate to post the kid's name on here until it appears on the one of the sites noted above, or even in the kid's local news. The coaches aren't supposed to use names until an actual LOI is signed, but names do get around once verbal commitments are made and one of the recruiting sites get wind of it.

Comment

Thank goodness for the BYE week, eh?

What a nice weekend.

PP is back to being ice cold. But the Goaltending has heated back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
            Really nice game last night, good to see K2 do so well. Since I was sitting at the other end of the rink; I’m not sure what happen on Alaska’s second goal. It looked as though pushed one of the Lakers into K2, he probably never saw the puck.
            The puck came to Sternberg just in front of K2. He needed to make a snap decision and move the puck out of harms way, like over to the boards on either side. He wasn't quick enough making that decision and one of two Alaska players converging on him knocked the puck off his stick and then into the net past K2. Sternberg is a good offensive minded D-man, but I thought both nights he was a little careless with the puck in the Lakers own end. I've only seen the Lakers play two series this season, so I don't know if this has been a problem for him at other times as well.

Comment

sm2pk............finalyy, we agree on something!!! During the Borek years when my son was a Laker, I always felt that the forwards were wound too tight, too afraid of upsetting the legacy or style of the Jeff Jackson era's forwards. You gotta relax and let things flow and not white knuckle the stick. A stickgripped tightly won't be creative.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory
                I saw signs of good things to come on the power play so not all is lost. The puck movement was good (except those 2 errant passes that resulted in a breakaway and almost breakaway). The problem is they pass-pass-pass and either shoot it so far wide, you can't tell it was actually a shot, or they lose the puck and it gets cleared. If they could translate all that good puck movement into a quality shot, good things will happen. But then again, isn't that every teams goal...?
                I think Roque has stated that the Lakers need to shoot the puck more and spend less time passing on the power-play.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  I think Roque has stated that the Lakers need to shoot the puck more and spend less time passing on the power-play.
                  For 9 pp opportunities this past weekend, the Lakers had a total of 3 shots on goal. Also, it didn't help that they took 3 penalties of their own while on the pp, which shortened 3 of those 9 pp opportunities considerably.

Comment

Great day for awards for the Lakers! Congrats to Monardo for Offensive Player of the Week, Bruneteau for Defensive Player of the Week and Murdock for Goaltender of the Week!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory
                      It's about time Monardo gets some love from outsiders. He is having a career year and is in the top 10 in total points. Much deserved!
                      Agreed. Also he is only 3 points away from 100 for his career. If he gets it (I sure hope so), he would be only the 3rd Laker in the past 15 years or so to reach that plateau.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        For 9 pp opportunities this past weekend, the Lakers had a total of 3 shots on goal. Also, it didn't help that they took 3 penalties of their own while on the pp, which shortened 3 of those 9 pp opportunities considerably.
                        Lakers just can't ride the goaltending to the playoffs . The rest of the team needs to produce and get the shot total down for gods sake.

Comment

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
                          Too made we can't draw many more than 2,150 fans to see the Lakers win....................
                          During the upcoming renovation, I recommend shrinking the arena to 2500 seats. I know I've posted this before, but I see no evidence this fan base can support facility of the current size. I know they used to draw better, but that was 15+ years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DB Cooper View Post
                            During the upcoming renovation, I recommend shrinking the arena to 2500 seats. I know I've posted this before, but I see no evidence this fan base can support facility of the current size. I know they used to draw better, but that was 15+ years ago.
                            I doubt that would meet with the approval of the nWCHA.

Comment

Will be lucky to have 1,700 for the games this weekend with all the students on break AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by DB Cooper View Post
                                It's called winning and they will come. Bowling GReen has done it this second half and Western MI has also filled the stands by winning .
                                Last edited by sm2pk; 02-20-2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X