Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WI @ MN: The Red Menace Visits The Mecca

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Bad calls for sure, horrible calls actually, but we had some quality scoring chances that we didn't bury.

No excuses.
    Peterson stole a point for Bucky no doubt.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Congrats to UW on their season high btw.
      And congrats to the Gophers for having points taken from them in their first 4 series of the season, all against teams in the bottom half of the standings.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I swear Travid Boyd just tryed for another wrap around goal, maybe it will work this time? Seriously what was up with that? I have never seen so many wrap around attempts in one game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rtn2GoldCountry View Post
          I swear Travid Boyd just tryed for another wrap around goal, maybe it will work this time? Seriously what was up with that? I have never seen so many wrap around attempts in one game.
          My personal favorite is the "skate to the boards and wait until it is an extreme angle before I shoot" play that every Gopher forward was doing. Yes, part of that is good defense from the opponent, but at least TRY to attack the middle from time to time. Make them make a play to stop you instead of conceding every time.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Congrats to UW on their season high btw.
            Snark aside, this was their best game of the year. By far. I'm pleasantly surprised (although I suppose I've sandbagged it enough to set myself up for that).

The defense was well executed, the pk had a few hiccups but still came up huge, and alongside some good tenacity around the net, there were more than a few moments of quality puck movement. (Loved our second goal)

Games like this will upgrade our season from "fiasco" to "disaster" to "not embarrassing" to "vague hopes of actually accomplishing something"

Looking forward to tomorrow's results including "not being swept".
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              And congrats to the Gophers for having points taken from them in their first 4 series of the season, all against teams in the bottom half of the standings.
              Figures Baby Huey wouldn't sense the self-deprecation in my post.

I expected a win and the Gophers had their moments but imho didn't deserve 2 after it was all said and done. The Gophess have gotten away from attacking the net and have instead resorting to trying to create lazily instead of working. The players away from the puck have to move their feet to get open and create passing lanes and they are not doing that.
              Last edited by Slap Shot; 11-17-2012, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Figures Baby Huey wouldn't sense the self-deprecation in my post.

I expected a win and the Gophers had their moments but imho didn't deserve 2 after it was all said and done. The Gophess have gotten away from attacking the net and have instead resorting to trying to create lazily instead of working. The players away from the puck have to move their feet to get open and create passing lanes and they are not doing that.
                What was self deprecating about saying that Wisconsin beating you is the highlight of their season? Gopher fans say this all the time, and they are the only team I have ever heard it from. If that makes you feel better about losing (or in this case, tying), then have at it, but the Gophers really haven't proven yet that they are an elite team this year.

Minnesota didn't deserve ONE point last night from what I saw. Wisconsin was overrated coming into the year, and probably won't get home ice for the playoffs, but when they get Kerdiles and Zengerle back could win a bunch of games. And hey, if they get CC in the first round, they won't need home ice to get to the Final Final Five.
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

What was self deprecating about saying that Wisconsin beating you is the highlight of their season? Gopher fans say this all the time, and they are the only team I have ever heard it from. If that makes you feel better about losing (or in this case, tying), then have at it, but the Gophers really haven't proven yet that they are an elite team this year.

Minnesota didn't deserve ONE point last night from what I saw. Wisconsin was overrated coming into the year, and probably won't get home ice for the playoffs, but when they get Kerdiles and Zengerle back could win a bunch of games. And hey, if they get CC in the first round, they won't need home ice to get to the Final Final Five.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRGDcux4GEw
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

What was self deprecating about saying that Wisconsin beating you is the highlight of their season? Gopher fans say this all the time, and they are the only team I have ever heard it from.
                    I was mocking that sentiment, but I understand it's really, really, really hard for you to shake that Jan mentality.

Comment

The obsession continues.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                        The obsession continues.
                        SCSU fans didn't like the fact that tUMD fans temporarily held the title of "Most Insufferable Fans."
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You better create a thread for this Jan, we know you want to.

Comment

I was mocking that sentiment, but I understand it's really, really, really hard for you to shake that Jan mentality.
                            Yeah, I should have known you were being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                              You better create a thread for this Jan, we know you want to.
                              It's called the "SCSU Vs Bye" thread.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Because Jan Brady State is still just a pimple on big sisters arse...

Comment

Working...
                                X