WI @ MN: The Red Menace Visits The Mecca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WI @ MN: The Red Menace Visits The Mecca

How do you think the Gopher coaches can get it through to the D corps that they need to keep track of that backside man around the net? It's burned them quite a few times already in this young season. It will be the undoing of this team when they play more offensively talented teams - especially during tight games. Hell, it cost them a win tonight against the friggin' BADgers.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      How do you think the Gopher coaches can get it through to the D corps that they need to keep track of that backside man around the net? It's burned them quite a few times already in this young season. It will be the undoing of this team when they play more offensively talented teams - especially during tight games. Hell, it cost them a win tonight against the friggin' BADgers.
      Did Hill sneak back into practice this past week?

They can still get the sweep thought right?

Comment

stillundefeatedathome, stillundefeatedathome, stillundefeatedathome *rocking in the fetal position*
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think GPL done imploded...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            I think GPL done imploded...
            Yup. Can't even load the site right now.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'm not sure why this result is such a big surprise, these 2 teams have played tight games for many many years now no matter what the records are. The Badgers style of play usually will mean a close game anyway (when they play it right) and PP's and mental mistakes are usually the difference in these series. Two 5 min PP's and the Gophers don't score, that's pretty much the game right there.

Let's see if the Gophs can come out and get 2 huge pts tomorrow night.
              Originally posted by CavalryNate
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Congrats to UW on their season high btw.

Comment

Gophs will be fine. They dominated most of the play tonight, but Wisconsin's goalie played a ridiculous game (with some fairly lucky saves). If the Gophers do not get 2 points tomorrow night, I will be surprised. I have to give credit to Wisconsin for executing their gameplan to near perfection (despite taking a bunch of penalties), including killing off those two major penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                    I'm not sure why this result is such a big surprise, these 2 teams have played tight games for many many years now no matter what the records are. The Badgers style of play usually will mean a close game anyway (when they play it right) and PP's and mental mistakes are usually the difference in these series. Two 5 min PP's and the Gophers don't score, that's pretty much the game right there.

Let's see if the Gophs can come out and get 2 huge pts tomorrow night.
                    tArrogance aside, WI played us tough. Took advantage of our D mistakes. Kudos to them. They waited, then pounced. It's just really frustrating to see a team with as much talent as MN crap their pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                      Ok, I'll bite and call my shot. Badgers silence the crowd at "The Mecca" winning Friday night 4-2 with 2 goals each from Barnes and LaBate and then come back Saturday and earn a 1-1 tie with Faust scoring the lone Badger goal and Rumpel recording 50 saves. Gopher fans everywhere lament how a clearly inferior program could come in and get 3 points.
                      I thought Barnes and LaBate would play a big role tonight. Didn't figure it was because they'd get thrown out of the game. Gutsy call for Eaves to go with Peterson. Paid off as he played his a-- off and bailed them out on some defensive giveaways. Plus the post/crossbar had a solid game tonight. The McCabe assist for Mersch's second goal was thing of beauty.

Wisconsin certainly deserved getting a point tonight with the effort. I feared another OT loss. Big game tomorrow night.

Where was Marney? Any shot she's moonlighting for Big Ten Network tomorrow?

Comment

I don't think the Gophers dominated the game at all, but the 5 on 5 play did start to swing their way as the game went on.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          I don't think the Gophers dominated the game at all, but the 5 on 5 play did start to swing their way as the game went on.
                          Agree. Looked like the Badgers started to run out of gas and the Gophers started to assert themselves in the third.

Before that, pretty even.

Wilcox came up with some pretty timely saves.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            I've noticed people use the word "dominate" much more liberally than they should when describing their team's performance (not exclusive to Gopher fans...it's pretty much everyone), especially recently.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

2 of the worse major calls I have seen in awhile. Bucky got hosed.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                                2 of the worse major calls I have seen in awhile. Bucky got hosed.
                                Bad calls for sure, horrible calls actually, but we had some quality scoring chances that we didn't bury.

No excuses.

Comment

Working...
                                X