Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dartmouth Hockey - Where do the polls rank them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dartmouth Hockey - Where do the polls rank them?

They came into the weekend outside the the top 20. Now, they are the only team without a loss and beat a great Union team. Where should they be ranked? Next weekend will be a big test for the Big Green. Then they get BC on the road. This is a solid hockey team and very fun to watch. Can they go from outside the top 20 to inside the top 10?

Re: Dartmouth Hockey - Where do the polls rank them?

As a Dartmouth alum, I don't care about polls, especially polls in November. All that matters is where they are ranked in PWR the day of the selection show. And in the past decade Dartmouth men have found themselves first team out of the field of 16 three times...

Agreed that next weekend will be a huge test -- Starr and Lynah are very tough barns to play in (and they are a ***** to get to). And while Conte Forum is in a more accessible location in Chestnut Hill MA, but the team that calls that place home are the defending national champs and Dartmouth will need all the luck they can get...
    Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
    University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

I'd love to see them jump into the Top 10, but I don't think it's going to happen. My guess is maybe 15 or 16. There are too many people that will doubt the relative strength of the ECAC. Still, their next three road games (@Colgate, @Cornell, @BC) will definitely afford them an opportunity to demonstrate that they are a legitimate force this season.

Comment

It's incredibly early to look at the PWR, but I'd guess that Union and Yale will be TUC for the rest of the year. Meanwhile Brown's RPI is .4949. A few non-conference wins for the Bears could be useful down the line...

Comment

ECAC is going to be a crapshoot all year. Dartmouth has a good team so far, they will still be low ranked
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

You lost me at "great Union team"...
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Nice job, Big Green this weekend. Obviously, very early in the season, but nice to see you get off to a good start.... Good luck next weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X