Denver at Minnesota State 11/9 and 11/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver at Minnesota State 11/9 and 11/10

Both teams coming off a split. Both teams would greatly benefit from a sweep. I'm seeing a split here, but boy would four points this weekend go a long ways.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Re: Denver at Minnesota State 11/9 and 11/10

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Both teams coming off a split. Both teams would greatly benefit from a sweep. I'm seeing a split here, but boy would four points this weekend go a long ways.
    Agreed. Lets hope DU gets the four points.

Comment

Just checking in.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I'm still cautiously optimistic after last weekend. We've seen this before where MSU competes very well with the Gophers and then comes out and takes a nosedive the next weekend. We know this team can compete with the big boys, now they need to do it without all of the adrenaline of playing MN.

The defense still needs to improve a lot as there were still too many easy chances this last weekend, but I saw some bright spots. Elbrecht and Palmquist were both pretty solid and I started seeing some very good play from Stern. On offense, Blueger and Margonari started showing some of that promise we've been hearing about and the rest of the forwards broke out a bit.
        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

The key is..........Do not take stupid penalties. I don't think they took any bad penalties on Saturday. And the penalty kill was better. But if they are shorthanded often, they will not succeed, certainly not against a good team like DU.

It is possible that they were looking ahead to the Gopher series when they played in St. Cloud. Not looking past St. Cloud, but minds on the following weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
            Agreed. Lets hope DU gets the four points.
            Couldn't agree more
            GO DU !!!

Comment

First time DU's freshman have traveled together, as members of a college hockey team. According to Gwoz - everyone but Zach Hope is going. Any television coverage? Will have to listen to the weekly Gwoz radio show this week for indication of how he and Lassonde will staff the crease.
              I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                First time DU's freshman have traveled together, as members of a college hockey team. According to Gwoz - everyone but Zach Hope is going. Any television coverage? Will have to listen to the weekly Gwoz radio show this week for indication of how he and Lassonde will staff the crease.
                Unless your station will pick up our Charter feed, TV is doubtful. B2 or whatever might have it online for a fee.

If the Mavericks stay out of the box, they will be tough to beat night in and night out. Margonari needs to continue to fight through getting hit often and keep improving. He's so fast. We're so young up front that I can only hope this group of talented forwards continues to grown and improve every weekend.
                AF 99

Comment

In goal: Sam Brittain and Jussi Olkinuora will alternate starts this weekend. Adam Murray will make the trip, but not dress. According to Gwoz, Murray "came up lame" after last Friday's practice. IIRC, he has had groin injuries the last 2 years.
                  All skaters will visit Mankato.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    In goal: Sam Brittain and Jussi Olkinuora will alternate starts this weekend. Adam Murray will make the trip, but not dress. According to Gwoz, Murray "came up lame" after last Friday's practice. IIRC, he has had groin injuries the last 2 years.
                    All skaters will visit Mankato.
                    Doesn't that put them over the number of people allowed to travel to away series?
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                      Doesn't that put them over the number of people allowed to travel to away series?
                      DU has 24 players on the roster. Zack Hope in the 4th goalie and is staying home as is forward Larkin Jacobson who is suspended. So DU will have the normal 22 players in the traveling party, including Murray.

DU rolls 7 D-men which means they need one less forward.
                      Last edited by dggoddard; 11-08-2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Long week.. Need some hockey.
                        AF 99

Comment

I'm going to be honest. Less than four points for DU will disappoint me.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                            Why?
                            AF 99

Comment

I'll be very excited if Minn St. gets 4 points this weekend........just being honest.

Originally posted by duper View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X