2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 4

Back again this week, post your top 10 teams in the country by Tuesday, November 6th by Noon (Eastern), and they will be counted towards the CHW Power Rankings. This is a unique opportunity that we as hockey fans have to voice our opinions on who should be considered the top 10 in the country.

I will be posting my Top 10 following the games today, but I figured that I would get the thread up and going for anyone that wants to get their top 10 in now.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 4

My Top 10:

1 - Boston College - The Eagles managed to walk away with 2 victories on the weekend over Maine and Massachusetts to retain the top spot in my top 10.
    2 - Cornell - The Big Red won and tied in ECAC action, but stay at #2 in large part to mixed results from the teams sitting below them
    3 - Denver - The Pioneers struggled to get things going offensively on Friday, but stormed back on Saturday to salvage a split against St. Cloud
    4 - Western Michigan - The Broncos eeked out a close game in South Bend on Friday, but were unable to get the sweep on Sunday
    5 - Notre Dame - The Irish took care of business on Sunday against Western to manage a split
    6 - North Dakota - UND played very well on Friday over a strong BU team, but were unable to hold on for the sweep, losing a 3rd period lead at home for the first time in over 2 years
    7 - New Hampshire - The Wildcats fell in OT on Friday at Massachusetts, but responded well with a solid victory at Maine on Sunday
    8 - St. Cloud State - The Huskies went to Denver and managed to get a split with a strong performance on Friday
    9 - Minnesota - The Gophers have struggled of late, but have their excellent PP unit to thank for the 2 points they managed on the weekend against Mankato
    10 - St. Lawrence - The Saints squared off against UAH this weekend and pulled off a sweep over the Chargers

Honorable Mention:
    BU
    Union
    Massachusetts Lowell
    Miami
    Harvard
    North Dakota

Comment

SCSU too low and Gophers too high IMO. I'll post my rankings later.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

1. Boston College

2. Denver
        3. Western Michigan
        4. Cornell
        5. Notre Dame
        6. North Dakota
        7. New Hampshire
        8. St. Cloud State
        9. Minnesota
        10. BU
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

1. Boston College
          2. New Hampshire
          3. Notre Dame
          4. Western Michigan
          5. St. Cloud State
          6. Denver
          7. St. Lawrence
          8. Cornell
          9. Boston University
          10. Union

I am sure UND and Minnesota will eventually be back in my top 10, but I can't put them in this week based on how they have played so far.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            1. Boston College
            2. New Hampshire
            3. Notre Dame
            4. Western Michigan
            5. St. Cloud State
            6. Denver
            7. St. Lawrence
            8. Cornell
            9. Boston University
            10. Union

I am sure UND and Minnesota will eventually be back in my top 10, but I can't put them in this week based on how they have played so far.
            Winner. Good poll.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

1. Boston College
              2. New Hampshire
              3. Notre Dame
              4. Western Michigan
              5. St. Cloud State
              6. Denver
              7. St. Lawrence
              8. Cornell
              9. Boston University
              10. Union

I'm not surprised. You have yet to have North Dakota in your top 10...not sure how they could "be back" in your top 10 given that. That being said, it's a legitimate top 10.
              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                I'm not surprised. You have yet to have North Dakota in your top 10...not sure how they could "be back" in your top 10 given that. That being said, it's a legitimate top 10.
                How dare you call me out on my lies! Yeah, I thought I had UND in my top 10 after the second week, but I went back and looked and you are correct. I haven't had them in there. A split against a good BU team, but 2-1-1 against the Alaska teams. If they get a split or better at St. Cloud, they will be in my Top 10.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

1. BC
                  2. Western Michigan
                  3. Cornell
                  4. Denver
                  5. Notre Dame
                  6. UNH
                  7. SCSU
                  8. BU
                  9. North Dakota
                  10. Union
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

1 Notre Dame
                    2 Denver
                    3 Boston College
                    4 Miami
                    5 New Hampshire
                    6 Minnesota
                    7 North Dakota
                    8 Boston University
                    9 St. Cloud State
                    10 Cornell

Comment

1. Boston College
                      2. New Hampshire
                      3. Notre Dame
                      4. Western Michigan
                      5. St. Cloud State
                      6. Denver
                      7. St. Lawrence
                      8. Cornell
                      9. Boston University
                      10. Union

Is this a qualitative assessment of Minnesota? I haven't seen Minnesota play, but they are 5-2 and BC is 6-1. Neither team has played a TUC yet you have BC at #1 and Minnesota below #10. Does 1 win make that big of a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                        Is this a qualitative assessment of Minnesota? I haven't seen Minnesota play, but they are 5-2 and BC is 6-1. Neither team has played a TUC yet you have BC at #1 and Minnesota below #10. Does 1 win make that big of a difference?
                        Minnesota has played terrible all season aside from the series against Michigan State. Okay, terrible might be overreacting. Completely average might be a better word. I think those ranking them low are doing so based on play, not record.

Comment

To be perfectly clear, I am not justifying that UND should be ranked higher than MN, but how can it be possible that MN doesn't drop in the rankings after a split (and a close split it was ) with an unranked team....while UND's split comes against the 12th (now 11th) ranked team in the country...and they drop a spot? I know that poles don't mean anything (best thread ever), but I really don't get the logic on this one.

Comment

1 - BC
                            2- Denver
                            3- UNH
                            4 - Miami
                            5 - Notre Dame
                            6- Minnesota
                            7 - North Dakota
                            8 - Western Michigan
                            9 - BU
                            10 - Union

Comment

1. Boston College
                              2. Denver
                              3. UNH
                              4. Notre Dame
                              5. Cornell
                              6. Boston University
                              7. Minnesota
                              8. Union
                              9. North Dakota
                              10. Miami

Close, but not quite: St. Lawrence, St. Cloud, Western Michigan, Dartmouth, Harvard, Merrimack
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                              X