X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Denver-The Real XXXIV

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
    Hopefully Denver makes the changes needed to keep up.
    Man, I don't know. I would think if they didn't do anything for the Debate; I'm wondering what would trigger them to do something substantial at Magness? Basketball or Hockey win another championship? The Olympics? Host an NCAA divisional event?? Need somebody with a whole lot of dollaz .......
    I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
      Man, I don't know. I would think if they didn't do anything for the Debate; I'm wondering what would trigger them to do something substantial at Magness? Basketball or Hockey win another championship? The Olympics? Host an NCAA divisional event?? Need somebody with a whole lot of dollaz .......
      PUCKSWAMI come home.
      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
        Good question. For someone who had to deal with the DU Arena (toward the end, about one step above a National Park Service outhouse) it's odd to hear talk about Magness needing "renovation." That' doesn't mean I disagree. Clearly a big part of why DU hockey is not stinking up the WCHA like it did for decades is the venue. And what flows from that is the necessity of keeping it up to date. I've mentioned before what Frank Serratore once told me on that score. You don't have to match exactly what everyone else is doing, but you do have to match it. So if somebody has a 72" TV in their players lounge that doesn't mean you have to have a 72" TV too. It means you have a have a players lounge and a TV.

Where does the rebuild of the locker room fit in (and the Vince Boryla VIP suite)? Are those one time only deals or part of a process? If it's the latter then that's good news. You guys are all correct. We can't sit around on our a*ses, reassuring ourselves that with Magness we're just automatically going to be in the hunt for the top talent. That we're just going to automatically remain an elite program. That we can just coast indefinitely without renewing that committment to excellence that Magness represented when it opened.
        Last edited by Old Pio; 11-10-2012, 04:15 AM.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

How is it that CC is off to a great start?? I thought they lost all their good players!! When are they going back to the basement where they belong?
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
            How is it that CC is off to a great start?? I thought they lost all their good players!! When are they going back to the basement where they belong?
            Are you trying to bait me? It's going to take more than that bro...

My prediction is that one way or another DU will no longer be alone in first place by the end of the night. ;-)
            Originally posted by vizoroo
            Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
            Originally posted by duper
            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
            Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
            Originally posted by dggoddard
            Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post

)
              Maybe a little!
              Tom Serratore

Comment

My prediction is that one way or another DU will no longer be alone in first place by the end of the night. ;-)
                ronmexico, you are the bomb!!
                World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Come on Dmann, you should know the answer to your own question. You've been around hockey long enough, or, maybe you're a slow learner. Let me help you. CC did not lose all their good players, and each year underclassmen step up, get better, and fill the void. Perhaps next time you can ask a smarter question? I think living on the east coast is getting to you dude!
                  World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                    tig....how are ya buddy?
                    Peter, thanks for asking. I'm killing it man, life is great!! See you next weekend at World Arena south and World Arena north!! Go Tigers!!

Comment

• Re: All Things Denver-The Real XXXIV

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                      I think living on the east coast is getting to you dude!
                      Wait a minute, I thought everybody knew all the smart people lived in the Northeast!!! Look at the electoral college map! (whoops, did I say that out loud?)
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

Your prognostication skills are on par with karl rove. A Nate Silver, you are not... ...

Comment

Wait a minute, I thought everybody knew all the smart people lived in the Northeast!!! Look at the electoral college map! (whoops, did I say that out loud?)
                          Colorado did the correct thing as well and went BLUE...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            Colorado did the correct thing as well and went BLUE...
                            As always, including gay Chris, DU fans and alumna looking for a hand out from the Ted Nugents of America! DG excluded since his family produces jobs for America. Thank you DG!!

Comment

Colorado College is heading towards the "Fiscal Cliff." Last year their Freshman Class set a new record for ineptitude by not scoring a goal all season. A third of the way through this season Sophmores Charlie Taft was two goals & Aaron Harsdad has one goal to rank 9th & tied for 10th on the team in goals respectively.

Freshman Hunter Fejes has the only goal for this year's Freshman class to tie for 10th on the team.

We are about to end a golden era of CC ineptitude. :-)

Comment

A quick request from a DU fan in the hinterlands of Upper Michigan. Where is the best place to get any real-time info on DU games? I gathered from some earlier posts that there is no longer an option to purchase a streaming webcast, is that correct? (Not that I would frequent same anyway, our web server is pretty neandertal.) Was disappointed to find out that Root Denver (which I get here on DirecTV) is only carrying 6 games this year, and it's looking like NBC SN is going to focus more on east coast games and play to their usual base. USCHO is AWFUL on game night at providing updates. ESPN U site marginally better (sometimes). Suggestions, friends???

7-1 is a nice start...some of those results appear to be rabbit-out-of-the-hat wins. But still, perhaps a good sign that this team is playing with enough team resilience and maybe less of the big star ego thing to win the tough ones. No one is an easy out in the WCHA. And my early surmise is that no one in the country is run-away good this year. The teams with best mettle may well be the ones still standing come late March/early April. The view from out here is that the CCHA, in its final year, is also very balanced and could be very loaded with FF-caliber teams. Miami, WMU both look to be upper echelon as they get ready for the Nacho next year. UM and Sparty as well...and Ferris always does a lot with a little, Daniels very undervalued nationally as a top coach. They could be dangerous again. Flamin' Irish (ugh!) also look to have a strong team. Looking forward to seeing more live games at Michigan D-1 venues this year as the NHL takes a hiatus and perhaps deservedly puts their product in cold storage for awhile. A pox on all houses there for doing a lousy job resolving their issues. Again. Wish there were more D-1 options on the national tube. Disappointing that there were none to be found this weekend anywhere on the cable/satellite dial. Excepting the NESN pickup of the SCS-NoDak game.

Comment

Working...
                                X