X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver-The Real XXXIV

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    Tom May had a pretty good suspension that lasted until Christmas one season.

Daniel Olszewski never played again after the incident in Madison last year.

I'm sure there have been others. Its only takes a couple of minutes to get into Gwoz's Doghouse, it can take a lifetime to get out.
    I knew you'd know. But we've got a coach who beleives rules are made to be followed. Period. And that's something to be proud of. You just hate to see a kid blow it over something stupid.

I'd comepletely forgotten about Olszewski, what's the 411 on him?
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      I knew you'd know. But we've got a coach who beleives rules are made to be followed. Period. And that's something to be proud of. You just hate to see a kid blow it over something stupid.

I'd comepletely forgotten about Olszewski, what's the 411 on him?
      He's no longer on DU's Hockey Roster, but there's an chance he's still at DU. He's still listed as a student on an online roster. Guys like Zucker & Drew Shore aren't on the list I checked.

Olszewski was by all reports a brilliant student and his father is currently a professor at the University of Wisconsin with degrees from Harvard.
      Last edited by dggoddard; 11-16-2012, 03:23 AM.

Comment

He's no longer on DU's Hockey Roster, but there's an excellent chance he's still at DU. He's still listed as a student. Guys like Zucker & Drew Shore aren't on the list I checked.

Olszewski was by all reports a brilliant student and his father is currently a professor at the University of Wisconsin with degrees from Harvard.
        D'Animal is currently playing Division 3 hockey for Univ. Of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. Roster shows him as a transfer from DU. With 6 games in he has 5 points. The BluGolds are currently 6-0-0.
        Last edited by vizoroo; 11-15-2012, 08:54 PM.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Just a brief interruption of the annual CC snark fest (what do those people do the rest of the year?) to announce that my great nephew has been named honorable mention all-state offensive tackle. He's a sophomore. Not even 16 yet. But, is 6'4" 245.

Now back to your regularly scheduled CC wit and wisdom. Longest running show in college hockey. Providing laughs and giggles since 1957.
          15 years old, 6'4", 245 lbs. downright scary. And probably still growing.
          Congrats to him.
          Too bad DU doesn't field a football team. But he might make a good D-Man. Wouldn't have to skate much just menace anyone who came near the goal.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            15 years old, 6'4", 245 lbs. downright scary. And probably still growing.
            Congrats to him.
            Too bad DU doesn't field a football team. But he might make a good D-Man. Wouldn't have to skate much just menace anyone who came near the goal.
            To my knowledge, he's never been on skates. But he'd be an intimidator no doubt. He can bench press just a little shy of 300. Old Pio Annecdote Alert: for many years the Blakhawks paired Elmer "moose" Vasko and Pierre Pilote on defense. One was the biggest, the other the smallest d-man in the league at the time.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 11-15-2012, 11:47 PM.

Comment

He's no longer on DU's Hockey Roster, but there's an excellent chance he's still at DU. He's still listed as a student. Guys like Zucker & Drew Shore aren't on the list I checked.

But what'd he do?

Comment

But what'd he do?
                It started with an incident in a Madison watering hole.

Comment

Don't all good stories? Except for, you know... Monte Ball
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

It's
                    Game Day!!!!

*****http://i.imgur.com/kyd3d.gif******
                    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Ah. I'm reminded of the Saturday Night Massacre, when a Boston bus boy got his signals crossed and made a pass at a DU player during an alumni event at a hotel. According to the survivors, it wasn't pretty.

Do we know what DirecTV channel tonight's game is on?

Found it: Channel 681.
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 11-16-2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Ah. I'm reminded of the Saturday Night Massacre, when a Boston bus boy got his signals crossed and made a pass at a DU player during an alumni event at a hotel. According to the survivors, it wasn't pretty.
                        Just imagine if women were able to beat the crap out of someone that made an unwanted pass at them.

Comment

It's good to see the team hang on in a game that gets tough in the third period. Let's see another win, maybe with more breathing room, tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                            It's good to see the team hang on in a game that gets tough in the third period. Let's see another win, maybe with more breathing room, tomorrow night.
                            Amen! Now if we can get the blog quitting, nudy bar attending idiot from Alaska out of our forum, things would be even more peachy (but here comes tex-mex!)

BTW, is that great business mind that went by the USCHO handle of Randy May still parking cars outside the World Toilet? Or did he sell that pawnshop and move on to newer and better things? I would have thought, based on emails he sent me, that he would have opened a "classy" booby bar by now.
                            Last edited by co14ers; 11-17-2012, 12:02 AM.
                            DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                            sigpic
                            WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

After a bit of time to cogitate on this win over CC, I'm reminded of a few things. First, this team was not pegged to score many goals in games this season. Yet they do. This team, as perceived by many, was supposed to be a rebuilding project on offense, yet they score 5 goals per game. Tonight, albeit being "hot" themselves in the WIN column, they just beat a "hot" CC team on their humongous ice. lol. Those of us who have followed this rivalry KNOW that any win in this rivalry is a valued win - no matter what form it takes. To me, this was a great win. But, I'm not satisfied and I doubt the Pioneer players are. Tomorrow is the next "biggest game of the season." Sports are fun this way, as there are HUGE games throughout the schedule. Yet, these games with our arch rival just seem to mean just a bit more. The game tomorrow night will dictate "everything." If DU can win tomorrow night (which they will -- big) will in effect end CC's season. We will still need a half point the rest of the way to win the Gold Pan, but demoralizing your rival this early in the season is a great accomplishment. PREDICTION FOR SATURDAY? DU 5, CC 1.
                              Last edited by co14ers; 11-17-2012, 12:30 AM.
                              DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                              sigpic
                              WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

USCHO game recap says Juicy and Schwartz are out for tomorrow. That hurts them way more than it does us. The article also says other penalties are being "considered." When was the last time a DU goalie got a game DQ?

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2012/11/...orado-college/

Comment

Working...
                                X