Adrian Hockey 2012-2013 - Unfinished business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Hockey 2012-2013 - Unfinished business

All right. We're two days from our opener. I guess I'll go first.

Hi there.

What a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago we were looking back at the graduation of the initial class of the program, and reflecting on their accomplishments, all the while speculating about how the incoming freshman class would adjust and adapt. Well, for the most part they did fine, winning the regular season, but then....

MSOE came into our building for three games last season, and emerged with a 2-0-1 record and hauled the Harris Cup back to Milwaukee. The first game was a tie, the second was an ass-kicking, and the third was an OT thriller that ended with a typical OT goal that sent MSOE to the NCAA tourney for the first time. Hopefully the seniors that were a part of that loss last season now realize that the MCHA titles are not their birthrights, and that if they want to re-establish themselves as the undisputed leaders of the currently-structured MCHA, they've got to go out and take it. It's their last shot.

There's plenty of firepower, as Shelby Gray, Josh Ranalli, Josh Cousineau, Zach Graham, Andrew Dovey & Co. all return. The biggest loss was Chris Stansik, but Adrian has reloaded with Adam Davies, Sammy Nyberg, and Chris Leone, among others on the blue line, as well as UML transfer Micki Mihailovich. The size that was missing in last year's class has arrived, in part, in the form of Shaquille Merasty and Pat George, who I might add can skate very well for someone his size.

We'll address the coming changes in the league when they arrive, much like we did the changes we had to last year's team. Let this season begin.
    Last edited by Hammer; 10-31-2012, 08:01 PM.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Re: Adrian Hockey 2012-2013 - Unfinished business

Nothing I could add tho this. Great job Hammer !!
    Go Bulldogs !!

Comment

I think you need to look at Adrian as the heavy favorite in the MCHA. They just don't have many holes and they ALWAYS seem to recruit well. I think MSOE, Marian and LU can all play them tough, but the Bulldogs should have the upper hand. I am very interested to see how the Huntsville series goes for Adrian.

Comment

B double e double r u n, beer run!!!! Lets go bulldogs

Comment

That Huntsville series is gonna be cool to follow. To be honest, I'd expect Adrian to take at least 1 point (or should I say, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.)

Comment

I think there's only 1 game. IIRC, we couldn't get a waiver to use the 2nd game as an exhibition, so we're just playing them once.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              I think there's only 1 game. IIRC, we couldn't get a waiver to use the 2nd game as an exhibition, so we're just playing them once.
              Unless you play a Canadian team or one of the NDTs, exhibition games count against the 25 game limit. Norwich's games against Dartmouth the last two years have counted as one of the 25 on-ice appearances.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

That's exactly what happened here. We scheduled 24, plus 2 against UAH. The NCAA didn't grant us a waiver for the 2nd UAH game, so we're only playing 1 down there this year. *shrug*

God, that was fun...

Comment

Interesting weekend. We obliterated Northland (no surprise there). 2 games into our season and we're the only team left undefeated in league play.

I don't know what to make of the MCHA. MSOE loses to Finlandia. CUW sweeps Lawrence. Lake Forest pops Marian last night. And now we get to deal with a ****ed off MSOE in our house this weekend. I have no idea what's going on.
                  Last edited by Hammer; 11-04-2012, 09:02 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

That's exactly what happened here. We scheduled 24, plus 2 against UAH. The NCAA didn't grant us a waiver for the 2nd UAH game, so we're only playing 1 down there this year. *shrug*
                    Since UAH is neither Canadian, nor the NDT the NCAA wouldn't even think about granting a waiver.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Well, with UAH's predicament, I suppose it was worth a shot.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Interesting weekend. We obliterated Northland (no surprise there). 2 games into our season and we're the only team left undefeated in league play.

I don't know what to make of the MCHA. MSOE loses to Finlandia. CUW sweeps Lawrence. Lake Forest pops Marian last night. And now we get to deal with a ****ed off MSOE in our house this weekend. I have no idea what's going on.
                        I think that we'll see Adrian do what we expect of them. I think you will see the rest compete very well with each other. It would appear Northland hasn't closed the gap, but MSOE Marian and especially Lawrence all had their eyes opened.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                          I think that we'll see Adrian do what we expect of them. I think you will see the rest compete very well with each other. It would appear Northland hasn't closed the gap, but MSOE Marian and especially Lawrence all had their eyes opened.
                          Northland was doing markedly better....until this debacle this weekend. I still don't know what to make of Concordia. I mean, I've got a pretty good idea where they're headed a couple years from now, but no one had them sweeping Lawrence.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I think after St. Norbert and Scholastica get in your league next year you probably won't see Adrian undefeated after 2 games.

Comment

I would not be suprised at all if Adrian ran the table in the MCHA this year, they had a really young team last year that will only get better. MSOE graduated their goaltender which will be difficult to replace, and Lawrence, and Marion may not be as good as last year. Concordia albeit improved is still a couple years away, and LFC, Finlandia, and Northland will still be the bottom 3. As far as next year, it will be a 2 horse race with St. Norbert and Adrian with CSS falling into the group with MSOE, Marion, and Lawrence.

Comment

Working...
                              X