Mascac 2012-13 r e s p e c t!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mascac 2012-13 r e s p e c t!!!

The preseason poll is out: http://mascac.com/sports/mice/2012-1...s_Poll_Release

1. Plymouth St.
    2. Salem St.
    3. Mass - Dartmouth
    4. Fitchburg St.
    5. Westfield St.
    5. Worcester St.
    7. Framingham St.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Mascac 2012-13 r e s p e c t!!!

Looks about right to me... Plymouth returns after winning the regular season and playoffs and only lost a few players from last years team. Salem should be their #1 competition with Fitchburg and UMD always tough to round out the top 4. From there it a wild card as to how those 3 sort themselves out. However if the Lampson rumors are true then that's a huge hit to Salem and could drop them down to Fitchburg and UMD's level.
    Sergei Fedorov, at the conclusion of his final season as a Red Wing.

"I just don't know what to think. I play in Colorado, they tell me they like me, and I get traded. I play in Calgary, and at the end of the season the GM tells me he likes me, and I get traded. I just hope my fiancee doesn't tell me she likes me."

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockeyFan07 View Post
      Looks about right to me... Plymouth returns after winning the regular season and playoffs and only lost a few players from last years team. Salem should be their #1 competition with Fitchburg and UMD always tough to round out the top 4. From there it a wild card as to how those 3 sort themselves out. However if the Lampson rumors are true then that's a huge hit to Salem and could drop them down to Fitchburg and UMD's level.
      I posted the SSU roster on the roster thread. Lampson and 4 (?) other seniors did not come back. The Vikings could be in trouble for the 1st round bye.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

All,

Thanks or reading the article. Ill be the main columnist this season for the MASCAC on USCHO.com. I was appointed the position a couple of days before the season preview was due, and was only able to get a handful of coaches . However, getting osme emails in, from NY and got rocked by Hurricane, it does look like Salem lost a lot but may have made up in transfers and freshman.

I switched Salem with Mass.-Dartmouth. Seems like they may cause a bit of a speed bump and Mass.-Dartmouth looking stronger on paper now anyways but we shall see!

Thanks all an look forward to speaking with the fans!

--
        Carmine Vetrano
        MASCAC Columnist
        USCHO.com
        Carmine Vetrano
        MASCAC Columnist
        USCHO.com

Comment

they are true. i go to school here and spoke to the captain matt kenline they lost 4 seniors along with lampson who retired so to speak and lost mahoney top scoring d man who was a freshmen from last year.

Comment

The bottom 3 teams should be in the NE-10.. drags this league down big time, making all wins and stats watered down..

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatone99 View Post
              The bottom 3 teams should be in the NE-10.. drags this league down big time, making all wins and stats watered down..
              Yes and no... I'd agree that there is a gap between the top 4 and the bottom 3, but every year one of those 3 teams at the bottom go on a run and they steal crucial points from the top 4 in the regular season. You can also look to the playoffs the last 2 seasons, last year Worcester upset Fitchburg and the year before Westfield upset Plymouth and lost in OT in the semi's vs Salem. Like any conference you will have your good and bad teams, but that's not to say you can chalk them up as an easy win every night. They are tough teams to beat when you don't show up.

"I just don't know what to think. I play in Colorado, they tell me they like me, and I get traded. I play in Calgary, and at the end of the season the GM tells me he likes me, and I get traded. I just hope my fiancee doesn't tell me she likes me."

Comment

Lose those 3 teams at the bottom, and you will never make the NCAA's.
                Go 'Wick!

Comment

The NE-10 is a D-II league, why would D-III teams want to play in it?

Salem 2 Salve 2 end 1
                  LiveStats & (free!) Video can be found here: http://livestats.prestosports.com/sa...054832porgnaqr
                  Last edited by joecct; 11-01-2012, 06:30 PM.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

this salem team is completely new, they have alot of work to do if they cant even beat salve. go vikings!

Comment

3-2 Vikings end 2
                      Smolinski with the 3rd goal
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Nichols is up 5-0 in the 2nd. Salem beat Salve 3-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Chase View Post
                          Nichols is up 5-0 in the 2nd. Salem beat Salve 3-2.
                          Yikes 3-2 Salem... It is VERY early but I would think they would've liked a more comfortable win than that... However I do think that as the season progresses the Salem team will get better and better and eventually find their identity which seems to be lost right now with Lampson and some other seniors missing.

Comment

was at the Salem State-Salve game. Pretty even match---Goalie for Salem was strong in net, made a huge glove save in the third to hold the lead. Despite the 10-0 zip loss to Hobart, Salve has their most talented Roster and should compete well in the Northeast this year. Biggs a Freshman for Texas(NAHL) is a legit player, at 6'5" he can fly and has great hands.

Salem State has a solid defense and has a pretty consistent line-up with the transfer from Manhattanville catching my eye.

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
                              was at the Salem State-Salve game. Pretty even match---Goalie for Salem was strong in net, made a huge glove save in the third to hold the lead. Despite the 10-0 zip loss to Hobart, Salve has their most talented Roster and should compete well in the Northeast this year. Biggs a Freshman for Texas(NAHL) is a legit player, at 6'5" he can fly and has great hands.

Salem State has a solid defense and has a pretty consistent line-up with the transfer from Manhattanville catching my eye.
                              DeFelice is the transfer from Manhattanville he came over 2nd semester last year and was a key player for them. Interesting that Goodwin's first game for Salem was against his old mates at Salve... The ESPN Ocho pre-game show must have been drooling over that!

Comment

Working...
                              X