No announcement yet.

RPI & Union, Home & Home (11/2 & 11/3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union, Home & Home (11/2 & 11/3)

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Great take 92. I was at the U series and felt the same way..two one goal games essentially. Appert was on CH. 13 last night and alluded to your point -- playing tough, physical hockey , while staying out of the box to avoid U's lethal PP... a tough line to walk for sure. I have tickets for both nights - not looking forward to 2.5 hrs. in a firetrap rink on Sat., but the win will taste that much sweeter.
    Concur. The difference last year in the semis was the goaltending. Need big stops this weekend.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
      That's an interesting take Ralph. Explain to me why you would want all of your offense on one line? What do you think Union's game plan will be?
      Long Island Lighting Company (Bossy, Gillies, Trottier), The French Connection, etc. etc. My question to you is why split them up now? Other talented forwards on the team, they'll come around. We neeed to get Tuna, Diesel and the big guys going. We need some dirty goals in the hard spots IMO.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        Long Island Lighting Company (Bossy, Gillies, Trottier), The French Connection, etc. etc. My question to you is why split them up now? Other talented forwards on the team, they'll come around. We neeed to get Tuna, Diesel and the big guys going. We need some dirty goals in the hard spots IMO.
        Good point. If anything, let's split up Tinordi and Zalewski. Sure, N-H-L (pun intended) can handle themselves, but if a guy like Higgs is having difficulty getting pucks to the goal, why not help him out with getting another large body up front to pick up some rebounds? Did Higgs and Tinordi ever play on the same line last year?

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          Again, my two questions were:

1) Why would you want all your offense on one line? I know they obviously play well together.
          2) What do you think Union's game plan will be?

I didn't say break them up.....although I will say FD, that was a brilliant deduction in post #43!
          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

1) Why would you want all your offense on one line? I know they obviously play well together.

I didn't say break them up.....although I will say FD, that was a brilliant deduction in post #43!
            The point I'm trying to make is that if you're going to rabble about the offense being on one line like it's a problem, come up with an idea for a solution. Unfortunately, the only possible "solution" I would see to your issue, which would make the issue worse, is to break up the idea. It's a horrible idea.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              The point I'm trying to make is that if you're going to rabble about the offense being on one line like it's a problem, come up with an idea for a solution. Unfortunately, the only possible "solution" I would see to your issue, which would make the issue worse, is to break up the idea. It's a horrible idea.
              FD....I'm not rabbling (?) and I did not imply it's a problem or an issue. I asked two questions which you still have yet to answer!
              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

FD....I'm not rabbling (?) and I did not imply it's a problem or an issue. I asked two questions which you still have yet to answer!
                We have one line that is scoring. That's one more line than we had that could score last season. There is no guarantee that any line would score if we broke them up.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-31-2012, 01:38 PM. Reason: changed "next" to "last".
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

1) A line that is playing well (scoring) is the sum of its parts...the chemistry works and they are synch. That is the argument for keeping them intact. As Ralph said, if you break them up, you risk having zero scoring lines ('11-'12 redux).

2) Union will continue doing what they are good at -- Getting pucks to the net, solid D / goaltending, capitalizing on special teams.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

1) A line that is playing well (scoring) is the sum of its parts...the chemistry works and they are synch. That is the argument for keeping them intact. As Ralph said, if you break them up, you risk having zero scoring lines ('11-'12 redux).

2) Union will continue doing what they are good at -- Getting pucks to the net, solid D / goaltending, capitalizing on special teams.
                    Makes sense Slapper. However, RPI will need more than one scoring line, which can be shut down vs good defensive forwards and good defensive d-men.

Comment

Wicked - thank you for helping FD out. I'm sure he very much appreciates it as do the rest of us.

Comment

I previously answered #1. I have no comment on #2, as I have not seen them play this year.

Comment

Makes sense Slapper. However, RPI will need more than one scoring line, which can be shut down vs good defensive forwards and good defensive d-men.
                          This is true. I hate repeating myself, so check out the post I made in reply to AspyDad. Brock Higgs was steady for us last year... who else on the team would be able to complement his play? I was thinking a guy like Tinordi that could help him not only get good looks in the slot, but be right there for rebounds, which is how you score goals in this league.

One other thing to consider is that we haven't seen a lot of McGowan this year, and he may have given us that edge that we needed to beat Mankato. Is he ready to go for the Union series? Lee complements him well, and I wonder if someone like Mark Miller would complement that duo. Just like Haggerty, Miller seems to do the stuff that you don't necessarily see on the score sheet, and that's what a second scoring line needs.

Comment

I don't know of any compelling reason why we should shuffle any lines at this point. I think we should give the other combos time to gel. Im not a big fan of "spreading" your talant around. My feeling is that you should consolidate and give your team a dimension that your opponet has to deal with. That was the beauty of Chase He had to be dealt with and to some degree changed the way the other team played their game. If this line continues to put up these numbers they will have to be "dealt" with and that opens up a lot of other opportunities especially with the style Bailen is playing a sort of "rover" type game that the other team needs to be aware of and make adjustments to. The more you make them think the harder it gets for them !!!!!!!
                            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

Comment

The weekend availability of Shayne Gostisbehere (lower body) looks increasingly questionable.

http://dailygazette.com/weblogs/scho...second-straig/

Comment

Working...
                                X