Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#9 Notre Dame @ #16 Northern Michigan: The First of Many Goodbyes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #9 Notre Dame @ #16 Northern Michigan: The First of Many Goodbyes....

Notre Dame is making their final trip up to MQT....

ND split with tUMD while NMU split in Omaha....

This is going to be interesting to see how these "last visit" weekends play out.... I'm sure most of the emotion will be on the fans' end of things, and even there we have a wide range of feelings... ND for me is more of a neutral school... I don't have any feelings on their move to Hockey East, so no ill will being sent their way...

Anyways, hockey talk....

K GO!
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: #9 Notre Dame @ #16 Northern Michigan: The First of Many Goodbyes....

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Notre Dame is making their final trip up to MQT....

ND split with tUMD while NMU split in Omaha....

This is going to be interesting to see how these "last visit" weekends play out.... I'm sure most of the emotion will be on the fans' end of things, and even there we have a wide range of feelings... ND for me is more of a neutral school... I don't have any feelings on their move to Hockey East, so no ill will being sent their way...

Anyways, hockey talk....

K GO!
    And, will this be the last meeting between these two teams for some time?

Will NMU ever play in the new Compton Family Ice Arena?

Will Notre Dame ever travel back up to Marquette?

The first of "many long goodbyes" I'm afraid.
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Whelp, my $.03 on the weekend....

This will be the first real test this NMU team will face this season.... As in years past, ND will put the puck on net about a bajillion times.... The Cats are going to have to play smart and pick their times to counterattack.... ND will give up the opportunities, but they won't be common... For the Cats to win this game, they are going to have to do it in the same manner that they did two years ago in South Bend.... It was one of Coreau's first wins as a Wildcat... He's gonna have to come up big with 40+ saves each night...

Our D-core is going to have to do their part as well... Clog the shooting lanes, and make sure that anything that gets past you is something that Coreau can square up to... ND creates their opportunities by moving the puck side to side and making that one extra pass... Just stand your ground, and don't get frustrated.... When you force a turnover, be smart with the puck, but look for a quick outlet... ND seems to like giving up goals while in transition.... It just seems that their D, once set, is solid... Getting back there is the issue....

On the weekend, I think a split is a fair outcome... We still need to figure out where our offense is going to come from.... To beat this ND team, we need to put up goals... I just don't think that we can match their firepower as of yet... But then again, that is on paper... And we all know that games aren't played on paper

Comment

Two pre-game articles to read...if you're so inclined.

From the Mining Journal: Wildcats-open-final-season-of-CCHA-play-against-Notre-Dame-tonight

and

Notre Dame"s The Observer: hockey-irish-ready-for-last-ccha-opener

Hopefully it will be a good, close two game series!

Go 'Cats!
        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Should be a good series, this will be Northerns first real test of the year. I think realistically the series will be a split.
          NMU

Comment

ND's equipment manager tweeted a pic of NMU's visitors' locker room calling it, "One of the best visiting rooms in college hockey."

*****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6KDL3QCcAIX8iZ.jpg******
            "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Gerths scored less than two minutes in, Irish lead 1-0.

Comment

For those of you interested in listening to this game you'll find it here...

www.und.com/allaccess/?media=336689

Comment

2-1 for NMU after 20 minutes.

Comment

Notre Dame wins first game 5-2.
                    Last edited by NotreDameFan27; 10-26-2012, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Let's see how resilient this NMU team is tonight... We knew there would be adversity... Now let's see how we react...

Comment

Working...
                      X