East-West 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East-West 2012

Come on...I have been patiently waiting (having noted the date like 6 months ago) for someone to start an East-West thread??? We are a couple of days from getting 4 of the top 10 DIII women's teams together and NO ONE CARES??? Charron on ice in Maroon, facing the Purple and Gold? Gove vs Gove? New coaches. Huge rosters. OMG!!!!!!!!!!
    Does this mean the Editor is correct and I really need to get another hobby?
    Anyway, will anyone else be heading to Kreitzberg Saturday?

Re: East-West 2012

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
    Come on...I have been patiently waiting (having noted the date like 6 months ago) for someone to start an East-West thread??? We are a couple of days from getting 4 of the top 10 DIII women's teams together and NO ONE CARES??? Charron on ice in Maroon, facing the Purple and Gold? Gove vs Gove? New coaches. Huge rosters. OMG!!!!!!!!!!
    Does this mean the Editor is correct and I really need to get another hobby?
    Anyway, will anyone else be heading to Kreitzberg Saturday?
    According to my contacts there is great interest, but everyone is playing possum. Between the four teams there is boatloads of former teammates of our D in this event. Going to my D's own games 4 hours west, but will be following along online. Good luck to all teams. As Cherry would say....Should be a dandy !

Comment

No buzz this year, too quiet...think Prez has been kidnapped or has been "sworn to secrecy"
      Early in season but the East-West Classic will give us an indication what team will be out of the blocks first!

Comment

Originally posted by Hock77 View Post
        No buzz this year, too quiet...think Prez has been kidnapped or has been "sworn to secrecy"
        Early in season but the East-West Classic will give us an indication what team will be out of the blocks first!
        Full preview on uscho with interviews with all four coaches coming on Thursday. I don't know where fiver and 2forchirping have been but they used to breathe some life into the board too.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

For this tournament on a pre-season basis only and before the games are actually played it looks like this;

All four teams are strong.

1) Norwich
          2) Plattsburgh
          3) Elmira
          4) Manhattanville

For first games of the year power plays tend not to be a factor because there has not been enough time to develop them. Plattsburgh probably has the least amount of "turnover factor" with the core of their roster returning and the freshmen can play at this level right now. There are no holes anywhere on the Norwich roster and they are primed to win it all. There is a slight possibility that as team they are not quite on the same page yet at game time but their devastating talent edge could overcome all of this. Only by comparison in such a great tournament here does Elmira slip but they have plenty of talent and coaching to win here but they are underdogs. Manhattanville belongs in the tournament and should earn a season long national ranking but they do not match up tightly against Norwich or Plattsburgh.

Plattsburgh has everything they need to be national champions this year and that is because of having such a strong schedule to keep them sharp. There are no weaknesses on the team but Norwich still gets the nod for now for the obvious reasons. The coaching staffs of both teams are also decisive advantages and makes these games very compelling and entertaining. Did Belichick get outcoached by Coughlin twice?

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Full preview on uscho with interviews with all four coaches coming on Thursday. I don't know where fiver and 2forchirping have been but they used to breathe some life into the board too.
            Yeah really miss those two. Nothing like having Fiver and Seymore get into it to get the discussion going. Platty also used to have BillR doing a lot of previews. Have not seen him on the boards for a while.

P.S...Just notice your new tagline...."Osmirwich".....Sounds like a cross breed between a Russian, a Ukranian and a Pole.

Comment

FYI..5-4 out....cause-DA or code name Brooky. May never be back. DA will deny it as always but this is fact. He's out there somewhere though as I believe he has one more year on his contract.

Comment

West...or should I say Platty in a romp.

....There....happy now??? :0

Comment

Season Preview up on the Norwich Athletics Website:

Putting the pieces together - 2012-13 Season Preview

New this season a video preview as well done by NU Sports Information's Brady Farkas:

GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Do we here as a group want to remain anonymous or should we attempt a mini hockey flash-mob between one of the periods of one of the games to say hello to each other? Just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
                      Do we here as a group want to remain anonymous or should we attempt a mini hockey flash-mob between one of the periods of one of the games to say hello to each other? Just an idea.
                      While I am a bit unclear on the nature of "a mini hockey flash-mob" I have no need to remain anonymous.

Comment

Meaning - can we find a way to congregate and make simple introductions during one of the games?

Comment

I think this is a great idea. Sunday? Between 2nd and 3rd periods of the first game?

Comment

We can surely meet up at my post.

"VIP Seating" aka...auxiliary press box taking the stats for all four games is where I'll be.

I'm surely up for it but I'll also be a tad bit busy!
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

I think I am only going to be there Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X