Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HE Preseason #1 vs #2 ... Lowell vs BC (10/26 and 10/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HE Preseason #1 vs #2 ... Lowell vs BC (10/26 and 10/28)

Well both teams haven't quite started off the way they might have liked, but this should be a big weekend for both as Lowell hosts Friday night, and BC hosts Sunday afternoon.

Having seen the first four games for Lowell (counting the exhibition), penalties are just way too high, and against a team like BC, this is just extremely dangerous.

Lowell sold out the place against UVM, so I'd expect a good crowd again on Friday night (over 6k).

Other than Doug Carr will start both games in net for Lowell, I have no idea what to expect from this team. Offensively, some of their best players have done very little as Wetmore, Arnold, Wilson and Wallin have a combined 1 assist in the three games that count (they had a combined 136 last year). Lowell is getting a ton of shots on net (116 through 3 games) but having little luck finding the net with just 5 goals on the season (including an empty netter).

Thoughts?
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: HE Preseason #1 vs #2 ... Lowell vs BC (10/26 and 10/28)

Could be a lot worse than one loss a piece for each team. I don't have a problem with BC sitting at 2-1, especially considering what they were staring at in the 3rd period Friday night at UMass.

Nice bounceback win for UML over CC. Splitting out in Colorado--nothing wrong with that. Why didn't Carr start against Denver?

BC isn't as deep as in years past, but there's just enough top heavy talent still on board. Hopefully Milner got back on track as he's going to have to be one of their best players.

Doesn't look like Lyles has gotten any PT yet this year. Hurt? Or has Bazin come to the same conclusion York came to?

I'd be surprised if someone comes out of this with 4 points.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Could be a lot worse than one loss a piece for each team.
      I can't speak for BC, but not really for Lowell. There was little to no chance that UVM was going to win that game, Lowell pretty much dominated most of it, just couldn't finish. UVM had some chances late, but (at least for myself) there wasn't much of a feeling Lowell would lose.
      I don't have a problem with BC sitting at 2-1, especially considering what they were staring at in the 3rd period Friday night at UMass.
      I can definitely understand that.
      Why didn't Carr start against Denver?
      Other than speculation that Carr was going to start both games against BC anyway, so may as well get the kid one game ... I have no idea.
      Doesn't look like Lyles has gotten any PT yet this year. Hurt? Or has Bazin come to the same conclusion York came to?

I'd be surprised if someone comes out of this with 4 points.
      On the Lyles thing, it would appear he's been surpassed. And our freshmen d have generally looked good, so that doesn't help Lyles either.

And I can see a split as well...
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Sunday games are stupid, our first of 3 Sundays in a row w a game

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          I can't speak for BC, but not really for Lowell. There was little to no chance that UVM was going to win that game, Lowell pretty much dominated most of it, just couldn't finish. UVM had some chances late, but (at least for myself) there wasn't much of a feeling Lowell would lose.
          Oh, I didn't mean it that literally. Just that 0-3 would look a lot worse than 1-1-1. No shame in losing at Denver.

On the Lyles thing, it would appear he's been surpassed. And our freshmen d have generally looked good, so that doesn't help Lyles either.
          Poor Hoky, wrong again.

Comment

Oh, I didn't mean it that literally. Just that 0-3 would look a lot worse than 1-1-1. No shame in losing at Denver.
            Ah fair enough, sorry I misunderstoof.

Even the Denver announcers said that the 5-1 scoreline was very flattering to the Pioneers, and there were quite a few comments (both posted here and heard live in Denver) that Lowell very much played with DU. So as frustrating as it was to lose, it wasn't all negative in that respect. Plus a good learning and chemistry trip for the Hawks.
            Monty

Comment

Even the Denver announcers said that the 5-1 scoreline was very flattering to the Pioneers, and there were quite a few comments (both posted here and heard live in Denver) that Lowell very much played with DU. So as frustrating as it was to lose, it wasn't all negative in that respect. Plus a good learning and chemistry trip for the Hawks.
              Minus that quick 3 goal stretch, Lowell kept with Denver for the most part. As the case of this season, Lowell needs to stay out of the penalty box and need to pressure Milner to score.

home ice crowds will probably have a key role this weekend. I'm thinking split with both teams winning at home.

Any particular reason why the weekend series wasnt picked up by any of the tv networks?

Comment

Does that Wilson guy still play for Lowell?

Remember when the Lowell fans thought he was as good as Gaudreau. LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I thought it was interesting that in the exhibition game Lyles played as a forward.

Comment

hmmmmm, finally beer to drink at a game and some good beers at that!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      hmmmmm, finally beer to drink at a game and some good beers at that!
                      One of the pluses of going on the road trip last weekend, beers available at both DU and CC.
                      Monty

Comment

One of the pluses of going on the road trip last weekend, beers available at both DU and CC.
                        A-men. If I were feeling this weekend like I do right now I could have put a rather nice dent in their supply. All things considered, I think I did alright for myself.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Other than Doug Carr will start both games in net for Lowell,
                          If he gets the start at BC, I believe that will be his first?
                          IIRC, Carr has not played on Kelly Rink ice in his Lowell career.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Best to buy in person, they charge 6-7 dollars in fees for a $14 ticket if you order online.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              Best to buy in person, they charge 6-7 dollars in fees for a $14 ticket if you order online.
                              There were just under 2k students at the UVM game, so the number of seats available to the general public isn't as high as it was before. Not so sure you'll be able to get a ticket if you walk up on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                              X