Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HE Preseason #1 vs #2 ... Lowell vs BC (10/26 and 10/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Preseason #1 vs #2 ... Lowell vs BC (10/26 and 10/28)

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
    Going back to February 11th of last year, the River Hawks are just 3-4-2 in the nine games (including playoffs) at the Tsongas Arena, with all three of those wins coming against Providence College.

Obviously, I haven't seen BC live but their first two road games can't be labeled as exemplary. Losing to NU 3-1 to start the season can be easily dismissed as a NC letdown, but going down three to UMA before staging a mad comeback to win the game in overtime can't make the BC fans all too happy or feel comfortable. I don't see either of the two teams blowing three goal lead to the other on their home ice.
    Interest stat there for UML. It seems every time I consider the quick trip to Tsongas lately, I end up not going and usually end up happy I didn't pay to see a disappointing result. I believe BC is 2-3-0 in their last 5 at Tsongas.

BC's ability to win on the road is going to come down to 2 things. 1 is obvious - need to pump in some PPGs. The other hinges on the 2nd line. Hayes/Straight/Arnold can be very formidable when get going. On the road teams will match up lines to try to take out the Gaudreau line. Of course this point isn't as big of a deal if they can't shut down the Gaudreau line.

I need to see the consistency from that 2nd line before I feel comfortable going into just about any road game.

I personally see a split with each home team taking the 2 points. Wilson will probably have a HT gamewinner on Friday night now that I jinxed it.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      I expect a tough battle at Tsongas. Your boys will be balls to the wall I'm sure, as it may be their only shot at a W over the weekend. They have no idea what to expect on Sunday... the team has a war horse, yet continues to ride a pony into some of the bigger battles.
      I'm assuming you're talking about Carr not playing in Denver? I would highly doubt he doesn't play both games this weekend.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Wilson will probably have a HT gamewinner on Friday night now that I jinxed it.
      That would be just fine by us.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I see this being a dog (bird?) fight this weekend. Both teams move fast and try to attack relentlessly. Both have solid top D-pairings with adequate depth behind. Both seemingly have a propensity for taking stupid penalties this year. I think the main deciding factor of who shows up for both teams.

On the Lowell side, which offense shows up? Are they able to cycle and grind low for quality scoring chances or are they going to keep making sloppy passes to the point.

On the Eagles side, which Milner shows up? The one that let in 3 to Massachusetts in 40 minutes? Or the one that stonewalled NU for 60?

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          I'm assuming you're talking about Carr not playing in Denver? I would highly doubt he doesn't play both games this weekend.
          Carr has also never had a start (or played) against BC at Conte Forum.
          Any reason to expect anything different this time around?
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            Carr has also never had a start (or played) against BC at Conte Forum.
            Any reason to expect anything different this time around?
            Ah, now I understand.

Let me put it this way, there's no chance he doesn't get the start this weekend.

His freshman year, he was either injured or he was being played as part of a rotation. Same thing happened last year when Coach Bazin took over, but the rotation pretty much ended after that Lowell loss at BC. Carr had already started to show that he was going to be the #1 at Lowell, but Bazin gave Robbins a shot in the BC game, which was our fifth game of the season. Prior to that game, Boulanger and Robbins had started one game each, and Carr had started two. That game was pretty much the end of the experiment at Lowell, and Carr's been the unquestioned #1 since.

So I think it's honestly just been timing.
            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Did Boulanger transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Did Boulanger transfer?
                I believe so, but I know he's no longer with the program.
                Monty

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Did Boulanger transfer?
                  i remember him being roasted at Conte after starting the game looking really good

Comment

CHN's Josh Seguin is predicting a home split...
                    Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      I guess you think Bazin is a better coach than York by virtue of his HE COTY award last year too. Just following along the line of logic you're using.

Anyone else agree with Patronic that Bazin is a better coach than York?
                      I was planning on getting some yuks and writing that "of course Bazin isn't better because of his COTY award, he's better because of D1 win percentage." Figuring that Bazin's record just starting his second season would be enough. But even accounting for York's 10 seasons under .500, his win percentage is still .614. He's so good that you can't even try to make a joke about someone being better.

Ridiculous.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

whatever happened to acs? any chance all bear is him?

Comment

looking forward to this great early season match up though we know the teams will look quite different come February and beyond.........

Comment

Hendrickson picking a home split, while Connelly picks BC to sweep in the Hockey East blog.
                            Monty

Comment

Hi:

Heard that parking was $10 at Tsongas? If true, any good alternatives?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jtc129 View Post
                                Hi:

Heard that parking was $10 at Tsongas? If true, any good alternatives?

Thanks
                                There are a bunch of different places. Parking at the Beerworks lot used to be free, then it was $5, now it depends on who Lowell is playing ($5 for UVM the other night, tonight will surely be $10).

There is some street parking available, if you're lucky enough.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X