Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HE Preseason #1 vs #2 ... Lowell vs BC (10/26 and 10/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    are all of you nuts? or have not been to any of these Sunday games the past few years? or dont look or know what BC draws? . I will be surprised if there aren't 6000 in the building.
    Last 5 Sunday games at Conte

1/8/2012 vs Mack Att: 7114
    11/13/11 vs BU Att:7884 (sellout) I know, throw this out of the equation
    11/21/2010 vs Maine Att: 5765
    2/21/2010 vs NU Att: 6180
    11/15/2009 vs UVM Att: 4472

and there are way more students this and last year than there were in 2009 or 2010. Would like to see more UML fans there though. You guys travel to Denver but not to Chestnut Hill. Ive have not seen good turnouts in the past 6 years of UML fans in Conte, so show up sunday!
    I work weekends so I never get to Sunday games. I was mostly going off of what I've heard from others on Sunday attendance...if there's 5-6k, that'd be outstanding.

Comment

Re: HE Preseason #1 vs #2 ... Lowell vs BC (10/26 and 10/28)

Originally posted by inyorkwetrust View Post
      I work weekends so I never get to Sunday games. I was mostly going off of what I've heard from others on Sunday attendance...if there's 5-6k, that'd be outstanding.
      maybe ,if only 1500 of us showed up ,they'd come to their senses and drop these sunday games . I'm still puzzled as to why we have four of 'em though

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Wilson's good. It's just that he's not as good as Gaudreau. Wasn't last year, won't be this year, probably never will be. Of course there's no shame in that but then you argue about the ROTY and ... oh try to spit that hook out.
        It really is a silly argument on his part. Poll neutral observers and the answer will be Gaudreau. Nobody is trying to take the award away from Wilson or claim that he didn't deserve it. That ain't the argument. Brandon Yip won HE ROTY in 2005-2006. Does that mean he's better than Nathan Gerbe?

Originally posted by inyorkwetrust View Post
        I don't know if there will be 5-6, but there will be a lot more than 1,500.

Comment

Wilson's good. It's just that he's not as good as Gaudreau. Wasn't last year, won't be this year, probably never will be. Of course there's no shame in that but then you argue about the ROTY and ... oh try to spit that hook out.
          Except he was better last year. And you can tell, because he was voted ROTY, not Gaudreau. Fact. Science.

We're 3/4 games into this season. We can decide who's better when the seasons over.
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

Facepalm.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              It really is a silly argument on his part. Poll neutral observers and the answer will be Gaudreau. Nobody is trying to take the award away from Wilson or claim that he didn't deserve it. That ain't the argument. Brandon Yip won HE ROTY in 2005-2006. Does that mean he's better than Nathan Gerbe?

I don't know if there will be 5-6, but there will be a lot more than 1,500.
              You Gaudreau fanboys are really sensitive, huh?

Neutral observers? I guess the coaches of Hockey East had an agenda against your boy last season. Couldn't have been that Wilson had more points in fewer league games. Conspiracy!!

As to your comparison in the 05/06 season, Yip had 19 points in league compared to Gerbe's 12 that year. So, yeah, Yip was better that season. You couldn't have looked up the stats and figured it out yourself?

*Interesting to note: BC hasn't had a ROTY since Chuckles back in 00/01. Northeastern, UMass and Vermont have never had a player named ROTY. Early favorite Roy could end the dry spell for the Huskies.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post

Neutral observers? I guess the coaches of Hockey East had an agenda against your boy last season. Couldn't have been that Wilson had more points in fewer league games. Conspiracy!!

As to your comparison in the 05/06 season, Yip had 19 points in league compared to Gerbe's 12 that year. So, yeah, Yip was better that season. You couldn't have looked up the stats and figured it out yourself?

*Interesting to note: BC hasn't had a ROTY since Chuckles back in 00/01. Northeastern, UMass and Vermont have never had a player named ROTY. Early favorite Roy could end the dry spell for the Huskies.
                Ha, I think it's the other way around (with you at least, because you're the only person I've seen on here who thinks Wilson is better than Gaudreau). For the 1,000th time, nobody is saying Wilson didn't deserve the award and I'm not saying that Yip didn't deserve the award. It's two entirely separate debates at hand.

Answer the following question...

If you were to poll neutral observers on who is better, Scott Wilson or John Gaudreau...what would the answer be? Stop being so dense about this whole thing. It's like you enjoy playing dumb and the only thing you keep going back to is an award that nobody has said Wilson didn't deserve to win. We're not asking you to tell us who scored more points in HE regular season games last year. We already know the answer to that.

Comment

Ha, I think it's the other way around (with you at least, because you're the only person I've seen on here who thinks Wilson is better than Gaudreau). For the 1,000th time, nobody is saying Wilson didn't deserve the award and I'm not saying that Yip didn't deserve the award. It's two entirely separate debates at hand.

Answer the following question...

If you were to poll neutral observers on who is better, Scott Wilson or John Gaudreau...what would the answer be? Stop being so dense about this whole thing. It's like you enjoy playing dumb and the only thing you keep going back to is an award that nobody has said Wilson didn't deserve to win. We're not asking you to tell us who scored more points in HE regular season games last year. We already know the answer to that.
                  It's like debating a functional ******..

YOU said, and here's the quote "Brandon Yip won HE ROTY in 2005-2006. Does that mean he's better than Nathan Gerbe?". So I answered the question for you. YES. YES it does. He was BETTER than Gerbe that year. It's not two separate debates. Brandon Yip was better than Nathan Gerbe in the 2005/2006 season. Fact. Does that clear it up for you? I wish I had the time to whip up a colorful flowchart that you could understand, but I don't.

To your question, if I polled the average hockey fan who didn't follow the two teams or Hockey East in general, I would expect them to say Gaudreau - for a couple of reasons. 1. They don't follow the league closely, so they wouldn't know that Gaudreau vanished for three months of the season, posting a 4-5-9 line in 19 games from 11/4/11-1/28/12 (.47 ppg). 2. I would expect that they would have tuned in during the HE Championship and/or the NCAA tourney, where Gaudreau posted an obscene 5-7-12 over the course of 8 games (HE QF - NCAA Championship Game), an absurd 1.5 ppg. No one is disparaging the BC golden boy. He was a god**** nightmare in the post season. And that's what everyone will remember.

Take a look at these two stat lines, pre HE tourney.

32 GP 15-20-35 (1.09 ppg)
                  36 GP 16-16-32 (.88 ppg)

Ask your average hockey fan who the better player was. Go ahead, I'll wait.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

You guys are funny on here. I've been to quite a few games while I was in school but now have to rely on Internet to watch my River Hawks. Too bad one of the games wasn't on NESN so I can watch on my DirecTV.

Does that Wilson guy still play for Lowell? Remember when the Lowell fans thought he was as good as Gaudreau. LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL.
                    I guess we'll see how this pans out this weekend. I'd laugh my ***** off if Wilson scores the game winning goal on Friday night in front of the home folks.

If you want to cast Wilson off after three games, go ahead. It wouldn't be the first ridiculous thing you've said on these boards.
                    Along with UMLFan and a few others, I really think you are clued into the team and where they are at. Just be wary of the pot calling the kettle.

Comment

YOU said, and here's the quote "Brandon Yip won HE ROTY in 2005-2006. Does that mean he's better than Nathan Gerbe?". So I answered the question for you. YES. YES it does. He was BETTER than Gerbe that year. It's not two separate debates. Brandon Yip was better than Nathan Gerbe in the 2005/2006 season. Fact. Does that clear it up for you? I wish I had the time to whip up a colorful flowchart that you could understand, but I don't.
                      OK, let me simplify this for you (hope this attempt works). Just because one player outscores another and therefore wins an award, doesn't automatically mean that player is better than the other. There are these things called eyes and going beyond the numbers. For example, a highly talented kid coming to BC might be buried on the depth chart for a year or two, thus keeping his numbers down. I give you Barry Almeida as an example. Open up your mind. The bigger point here is that using the fact that Wilson scored more points in HE regular season games as the ONLY criterion in determining Wilson is better shows how shallow you are.

To your question, if I polled the average hockey fan who didn't follow the two teams or Hockey East in general, I would expect them to say Gaudreau - for a couple of reasons. 1. They don't follow the league closely, so they wouldn't know that Gaudreau vanished for three months of the season, posting a 4-5-9 line in 19 games from 11/4/11-1/28/12 (.47 ppg). 2. I would expect that they would have tuned in during the HE Championship and/or the NCAA tourney, where Gaudreau posted an obscene 5-7-12 over the course of 8 games (HE QF - NCAA Championship Game), an absurd 1.5 ppg.
                      No, no, no. By neutral observers, I meant people/fans who regularly saw the two play over the course of the entire season (not just the 27 league games--LOL). We're talking Hockey East fans here. The answer would be Gaudreau. But ya, a player raising his game in huge games is...something to hold against them? Dear God...

Comment

OK, let me simplify this for you (hope this attempt works). Just because one player outscores another and therefore wins an award, doesn't automatically mean that player is better than the other. There are these things called eyes and going beyond the numbers. For example, a highly talented kid coming to BC might be buried on the depth chart for a year or two, thus keeping his numbers down. I give you Barry Almeida as an example. Open up your mind. The bigger point here is that using the fact that Wilson scored more points in HE regular season games as the ONLY criterion in determining Wilson is better shows how shallow you are.

No, no, no. By neutral observers, I meant people/fans who regularly saw the two play over the course of the entire season (not just the 27 league games--LOL). We're talking Hockey East fans here. The answer would be Gaudreau. But ya, a player raising his game in huge games is...something to hold against them? Dear God...
                        Those final two stat lines were all regular season games, not 27 Hockey East games. Wilson was the better, more consistent player last season. Gaudreau did raise his game in the post season, but if we're talking the whole season it doesn't even come close. The only reason Gaudreau is in the conversation is because of his post season. If he had finished the HE and NCAA tournaments scoring at the same rate as the regular season, your argument would be laughable. You want me to believe that anyone who saw these two play the whole season would pick Gaudreau, yet you ignore that fact that he vanished for three months of the season? You say awards don't mean anything, so I give you the stats. Now stats don't mean anything, it's "eyes and going beyond the numbers"?

I'm done with this "debate". I can't argue with someone who has zero evidence to back his claim up, other than the "eye" test and claiming a theorized group of neutral observers would agree with him. That's so much better than a silly award and being ahead on the stat sheet when judging performance, right?

Good luck this weekend.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

So it's just going to be Wilson vs Gaudreau on the ice, I take it?
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

no, us Gaudreaubey Baker faboys are not sensitive!............................. I got home from work tonight and my neighbor who works in administration at UML left 2 tickets AND a parking pass in my mailbox!!!
                            Fivehole12, more beer money!!
                            Last edited by sterlippo1; 10-23-2012, 07:08 PM.

Comment

You guys can argue all you want about stats and awards.
                              Personally, I wouldn't trade Gaudreau for any TWO players in Hockey East.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                no, us Gaudreaubey Baker faboys are not sensitive!............................. I got home from work tonight and my neighbor who works in administration at UML left 2 tickets AND a parking pass in my mailbox!!!
                                Fivehole12, more beer money!!
                                Woot! Now that's one helluva neighbor.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X