redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ MSU-M (Friday, 10/19/12)

RB-Don't you sleep? This thread started so early that our cats were not even up. Let me know if you need Lunesta or Ambien to help Although far better would be the stuff no longer made-714's by Rorer or Lemmon Labs would keep everything in a wonderful perspective. Hockey looks totally different when you have one of those on board. In any case-let's see if our young team can put together a good road series. Honestly not looking so much at wins and losses (although of course they matter)-just want to see 4 lines getting lots of good shots and chances, good offensive flow, tough stand them u defense allowing the goalies good looks and of course SA making whatever adaptations he has to during the game to keep us going well. Let's Go Red!!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

We need the win tonight. The league is 0-2 against the WCHA, and needs to make sure it gets some leverage. I don't know how much Mankato would help in terms of the league, but if they're able to steal a game here and there in their league, it would mean all the more to us if we get some wins.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        RB-Don't you sleep? This thread started so early that our cats were not even up. Let me know if you need Lunesta or Ambien to help Although far better would be the stuff no longer made-714's by Rorer or Lemmon Labs would keep everything in a wonderful perspective. Hockey looks totally different when you have one of those on board. In any case-let's see if our young team can put together a good road series. Honestly not looking so much at wins and losses (although of course they matter)-just want to see 4 lines getting lots of good shots and chances, good offensive flow, tough stand them u defense allowing the goalies good looks and of course SA making whatever adaptations he has to during the game to keep us going well. Let's Go Red!!!
        I do often wake up at night. I intend to take a nap this afternoon.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Just to say Good Morning to MEUSA?

Comment

I have no idea what kind of team Mankato is, but if they are a fast up tempo team, we may have a problem. Last week our decision making got very confused when FSU turned up the speed.
            Of course, we have to learn from our mistakes and maybe we can improve on last week.
            I look for good defense and continued improvement on offense.
            Lets go red!!!
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

One of the blessings of retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                I have no idea what kind of team Mankato is, but if they are a fast up tempo team, we may have a problem. Last week our decision making got very confused when FSU turned up the speed.
                Of course, we have to learn from our mistakes and maybe we can improve on last week.
                I look for good defense and continued improvement on offense.
                Lets go red!!!
                On paper they seem fairly big. They certainly took advantage of special teams play last week as iIbelieve they scored 3 PP goals. Last weekend we had great success at staying out of the box-after 2 games we have only 10 total penalty minutes and that is just not our usual style. Not sure how these WCHA refs call games but if we keep our composure and do not get into a penalty fest it could work in our favor. I really like this team and this line up. I think we can throw 3-4 sets of forwards out there and 2-3 sets of defensemen and just keep rolling them. As long as we remain 5 on 5 that kind of rolling of lines and defense pairings will hold up-if we are forced to play short handed for much of the time, that chemistry can be disrupted. Go Red!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  On paper they seem fairly big. They certainly took advantage of special teams play last week as iIbelieve they scored 3 PP goals. Last weekend we had great success at staying out of the box-after 2 games we have only 10 total penalty minutes and that is just not our usual style. Not sure how these WCHA refs call games but if we keep our composure and do not get into a penalty fest it could work in our favor. I really like this team and this line up. I think we can throw 3-4 sets of forwards out there and 2-3 sets of defensemen and just keep rolling them. As long as we remain 5 on 5 that kind of rolling of lines and defense pairings will hold up-if we are forced to play short handed for much of the time, that chemistry can be disrupted. Go Red!!
                  If it's anything like what we saw in 2007-08, we're screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    If it's anything like what we saw in 2007-08, we're screwed.
                    Way to stay positive FDUDE....

As I said last week - I will be disappointed with anything less than 2 points this weekend and am hoping for 3 or more. Whatever it takes to get the ECAC columnists to start picking us.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                      Way to stay positive FDUDE....

As I said last week - I will be disappointed with anything less than 2 points this weekend and am hoping for 3 or more. Whatever it takes to get the ECAC columnists to start picking us.
                      I don't want to jinx us in any way but I have felt well before this season started that this would be a good year. And iIhad predicted that this was the year we win our 1000th game. Absolutely nothing that I saw last week makes we want to change any of that thinking. My only tempering thought is that this is the first long road trip for this team (which is very young) together. Playing on the road, with a hostile crowd, and refs from a different league-I just want them to play well.

Comment

RPI Lines are out. Diebold starts, Rogic moves up to center Lee/Schroeder, Burgdoerfer in for McGowan.....http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...19.pdf?id=1357
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

RPI Lines:
                          http://rpiathletics.com/documents/20...19.pdf?id=1357

McGowan out from centering the top line, replaced by Rogic who moves up from the 4th line. On the 4th line, Miller slides from left to Center, Bubela swaps wings, and Greg Burgdoerfer comes in to play right.

Diebold in net.
                          RPI Class of 2012
                          Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

It sounded from the interview that Burgdoerfer was going to play. I also figured that we would see Bokenfohr, but that was more of a gut feeling.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It sounded from the interview that Burgdoerfer was going to play. I also figured that we would see Bokenfohr, but that was more of a gut feeling.
                              I still would like to see some of Hampton, Bokenfohr, Commers, Fulton or Kasdorf tomorrow (not all). I can understand SA wanting to get off to a good start (record wise) so staying with basically the same line-up as last weekend makes sense. In 2 weeks it's ECAC time when we should expect to see pretty much the same line-up.
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                              X