Spartan Hockey - Silver Linings edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spartan Hockey - Silver Linings edition

We had to do that in 2011, too. The next couple weeks are favorable, but this four series streak with PSU thru NMU was supposed to be favorable, and so far the result is 1-3 so I'm not going to have high hopes.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I just want March/April to get here. I can't help but feel like the team does, too.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        What probably sucks the most is, if everything stays the way it is right now, you'll end up going to Alaska twice in two weeks. That's just insult to injury to end the last season in the CCHA.
        Somehow that seems just.

Comment

Recruiting update: Granted it helps having Cammarata as a teammate, but here's J.T. Stenglein's line for the 4 games leading up to Friday's game for his team, Waterloo:
          1/18 vs. Cedar Rapids: 2 3 - 5 +4
          1/19 vs. Dubuque: 1 1 - 2 +2
          1/25 vs. Tri-City 1 1 - 2 0
          1/26 vs. Omaha 1 3 - 4 +2
          Just to mix things up he drew 15 minutes and an ejection on Friday and so didn't play Saturday.

Comment

*****, ****-*** **** Hall. *** Langseth **** **** the ***!!!

**** **!

Comment

Per Heisenberg, a new MSU commitment for next season: Thomas Ebbing, a 1994 center from Troy. 11-8-19 with the Chicago Steel of the USHL. I'm pretty sure he's a former Bowling Green commitment.
              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

I hate to be that guy, but this year's MSU team is nine losses away from being the losingest team in program history. MSU would have to lose its next seven and get swept out of the CCHA playoffs for that to happen, which, IMO, seems like a bit of a longshot.

That said, I'm having all sorts of trouble finding another win or two on the schedule.
                66 - 86 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                  Per Heisenberg, a new MSU commitment for next season: Thomas Ebbing, a 1994 center from Troy. 11-8-19 with the Chicago Steel of the USHL. I'm pretty sure he's a former Bowling Green commitment.
                  Nice, but do we not already have a bit of a logjam at forward next year? I think we only lose 3 forwards and now have 4 incoming freshman along with D. Chelios returning and Connor Wood coming off of a redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                    Nice, but do we not already have a bit of a logjam at forward next year? I think we only lose 3 forwards and now have 4 incoming freshman along with D. Chelios returning and Connor Wood coming off of a redshirt.
                    One of the three heretofore LOI'd forwards may not be in a Spartan uni next fall.

Comment

I hate to be that guy, but this year's MSU team is nine losses away from being the losingest team in program history. MSU would have to lose its next seven and get swept out of the CCHA playoffs for that to happen, which, IMO, seems like a bit of a longshot.

That said, I'm having all sorts of trouble finding another win or two on the schedule.
                      Hooray! Not the worst team in school history!!!
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Long-reported on USHL's website, Heisenberg now has former Orchard Lake - St. Mary's forward 1996-born Cody Milan verbally committing to MSU. 6'2, 175. As the program is rumored to be on its way down the tubes, there's a bit of size coming the next 3 years up the pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          Hooray! Not the worst team in school history!!!
                          Well, they can still tie for the worst. That said, I'm feeling a bit of optimism after Saturday. Nice to finally get back into the win column.
                          66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                            Long-reported on USHL's website, Heisenberg now has former Orchard Lake - St. Mary's forward 1996-born Cody Milan verbally committing to MSU. 6'2, 175. As the program is rumored to be on its way down the tubes, there's a bit of size coming the next 3 years up the pipeline.
                            His stats aren't great: 4-6-10 in 28 games and a -6. That said, he was, I think, a first round pick in the USHL draft, and, as noted, the kid already has some decent size for a 16-year-old.
                            66 - 86 - 07

Comment

His stats aren't great: 4-6-10 in 28 games and a -6. That said, he was, I think, a first round pick in the USHL draft, and, as noted, the kid already has some decent size for a 16-year-old.
                              True, but he's not yet 17 and this is his first season out of prep. Let's see what his jr's numbers are in 2013-14.

Comment

Doing some math, and perhaps this is a positive of the new B1G hockey conference: During my time at MSU, I saw, either in person or through the miracle of the internet, MSU hockey play Northern Michigan 17 times. I recall just about every game being horrendous in some particular way.

If I never saw another NMU v. MSU series after this weekend, I'd be totally fine with that.
                                66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Working...
                                X