Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern @ Boston College 10/20: Episode II Already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern @ Boston College 10/20: Episode II Already?

NU took round one of the season, 3-1, in front of a raucous DogHouse at Matthews Arena. Now BC gets another shot on its home ice raising it's national title banner. Madigan, York, the refs, Gaudreau, Roy, BC attendance, questionable rivalries, week two of Hockey East, ring the bell.
    Last edited by SkinsFan09; 10-15-2012, 12:18 PM.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Re: Northeastern @ Boston College 10/20: Episode II Already?

..hey i liked the original thread from last wknd.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I'm taking my parents to the game saturday but they are in KK on the side near JJ where the NU fans have been in the past, i'm wondering if i have to worry about their safety???

Comment

Raise that banner! Wonder if the Superfans will have a 10 minute long 'RAWLINGS YOU SUCK' cheer, then applaud themselves and give each other handies like the Dog House did.

Comment

I'm looking forward to BC announcing a sellout and it being 25% empty like Matthews and all the massive blankets!

As long as they don't put the dog pound behind my section.

Comment

and pixy sticks everywhere

Comment

Long as a lot of this type not show up.. should be a nice atmosphere

GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Is this the first banner ceremony for the NU Dogpound fans? Well, I mean, have they ever been an opponent on banner raising night? (Because obviously they have never, you know... had one happen in Matthews.)

Anyway, this will be my kid's 3rd banner night. He won't be 5 until December.

Sidenote: I hope Cavanaugh chokeslams Madigan in the post-game handshake.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

It's unfortunate that BC won't have any hacker frat boys in attendance who can discover otherwise publicly available information like a player's twitter handle and then chant it over and over all game

Roy 17, BC 6
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    ...As long as they don't put the dog pound behind my section.
                    No chance of that! You have to go to some nondescript section of lower Comm. Ave. to find the Dog Pound. But you can count on having the Dog House behind, beside, and even within your section. (Someone has to fill all those empty seats.)
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Is this the first banner ceremony for the NU Dogpound fans? Well, I mean, have they ever been an opponent on banner raising night? (Because obviously they have never, you know... had one happen in Matthews.)

Anyway, this will be my kid's 3rd banner night. He won't be 5 until December.

Sidenote: I hope Cavanaugh chokeslams Madigan in the post-game handshake.
                      Sucks for him then he won't remember any of them.

If Cavanaugh chokeslams Madigan we'll have to bring out our surprise guest Greg Cronin to choke him out in return. Not like he has anything else to do during the lockout.
                      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        I'm taking my parents to the game saturday but they are in KK on the side near JJ where the NU fans have been in the past, i'm wondering if i have to worry about their safety???
                        YES, you do. Be sure they wear some ugly color combination (Maroon and gold will do). That way, they should be spared when the local rowdies (BC undergrads during the week) come to remind us who won the NC - though trailing in tonight's hockey game.

Nick- It's wonderful that your son will see his third banner raised at the tender age of 5. He will have such wonderful memories when he is 17, Yorkie is 7 years retired and BC has been forced to drop its ticket prices to attract fannies to fill the seats in Conte.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          (Someone has to fill all those empty seats.)
                          Fail.

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                          BC has been forced to drop its ticket prices to attract fannies to fill the seats in Conte.
                          I'm actually surprised BC hasn't raised ticket prices significantly over the last five years. They deserve credit for that. Perhaps they would have raised them if not for the challenging economic times...who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamBC View Post
                            Raise that banner! Wonder if the Superfans will have a 10 minute long 'RAWLINGS YOU SUCK' cheer, then applaud themselves and give each other handies like the Dog House did.
                            No, they'll just touch themselves to the We. Are. BC. chant and pretend like they didn't steal it from Marshall and Penn State.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

As a heads up, the game is sold out.

Comment

Working...
                              X