Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern @ Boston College 10/20: Episode II Already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern @ Boston College 10/20: Episode II Already?

Originally posted by inyorkwetrust View Post
    I read it as you saying you're okay with that outcome as if it was the new normal and would continue to happen. Either way, irrelevant.

You're a little aggressive, my friend. I hope your team has the same mindset as they try to finally slip into the top half of hockey east this year. Good luck with that.
    The "whatever makes you feel good" part ticked me off a bit. It is what it is. A misunderstanding.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by inyorkwetrust View Post
      I'd be happy if I were an NU fan right now. Two solid wins and one loss to a top 3 team in the country on the night they raise a national championship banner. No shame in that.

Plus, Roy looks legit. Not enough to win anything IMO, but at a minimum, he'll be fun to watch. Like UNH last year with Moses.
      Good call brother,I am happy to be a Huskies fan!,our team is off to a fantastic start with a great Freshman class,the future is now and it's bright,I throughly enjoyed last nights game which was closer that the scoreboard showed,good effort by the young Huskies,Saponari could have kept it cooler on the last penalty (still an excellent choice for captain),and I prefer the NUxtream website (we are so blessed to have it) no one could have stopped Gaudreau's breakaway,can't wait till January's game at Matthews,Roy's gonna just get better and I'm excited about that,all in all a good effort even in the loss-Go Huskies!
      Last edited by Happy Husky; 10-21-2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Words can't describe how awesome this article is: http://www.huskyhockeynews.com/2012/...rst-road-test/

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          Words can't describe how awesome this article is: http://www.huskyhockeynews.com/2012/...rst-road-test/
          LOL someone get this guy a tissue. What a fraud.

Comment

He threw out so many excuses that spaziano started to blush
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Hysterical.
              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Let me see if I got all of that:

1. An NU reporter commenting as the authority figure on BC student fan support at Conte Forum in "recent years".
                2. No mention of Saponari's complete flop to draw a penalty in the first.
                3. Butthurt over Cronin leaving
                4. No mention of why BC players were "throwing punches" at the end of the last meeting or that NU had two more PP opportunities last night

Did I miss anything?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

1. An NU reporter commenting as the authority figure on BC student fan support at Conte Forum in "recent years".
                  4. No mention of why BC players were "throwing punches" at the end of the last meeting or that NU had two more PP opportunities last night

Did I miss anything?
                  I like that he made it sound as if Gaudreau is popular because we "stole" him from NU. Being a favorite for the Hobey and scoring the game-icing highlight reel goal in the NC game last year wouldn't really do much for us BC fans if we hadn't stolen #13 from our 7th place arch nemesis Huskies!

Comment

The whole "stole" thought is laughable to begin with. When a coach leaves and a player reopens his recruitment process...oh whatever, never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Did I miss anything?
                      yes, the BC fans "fawning over Gaudreau is over the top" . The Pravda reporter obviously missed the last few weeks of last year and missed perhaps the biggest play/goal in the history of this storied program, Gaudreau's one for the ages vs Ferris St. Honestly, the "article" (and i use that term loosely here) was so ridiculous i stopped reading it halfway through

Comment

If you stopped reading halfway, you missed some gems:

Other than that, the crowd was pretty average. The banner raising drew some applause and the Eagles goals brought celebrations, but for a building that was packed full of Eagles fans and students, it was pretty quiet, except when Gaudreau was involved. Its only a matter of weeks before he is more revered than Jerry York over there.
                        Dax Lauwers stepped up and made a tremendous hit along the boards to break up an Eagles attack. Unfortunately for Lauwers and the Huskies, the hit was deemed too big and he was called for a rough.
                        Midway through the period, Vinny Saponari was given a 10 minute misconduct for Unsportmanslike Conduct after complaining to the officials, who had been the subject of Northeastern ire for much of the night. With their captain in the box, any hope of a comeback seemed to die.Cody Ferriero let his frustration boil over with a hit from behind penalty in the closing minutes, but unlike the Eagles a week ago, the Huskies refrained from throwing punches at the final whistle.

Comment

Ahahahahhahaahahhahahahaha.

Jesus, did this guy fail out of BU and have to leave the freep and transfer to NU?

Maybe this blog belongs to RossiRules? Poor guy keeps getting his posts deleted over here.
                          Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-22-2012, 07:32 AM.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

BTW, I missed the coaching handshake at the end of Saturday's game. Did Madigan behave himself this time?
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              BTW, I missed the coaching handshake at the end of Saturday's game. Did Madigan behave himself this time?
                              Yes, but even Angry Jack takes more time shaking hands with the coaches than Mad Man Jim did. He zipped right through, probably so he could yell at the refs some more for not giving NU 10 PPs instead of 8.

Comment

Ok, fellas. I'll grant you that the writer (who usually writes very well) appeared to be a WUI in this case. Why don't we agree to agree that we just saw two pretty good spirited games between an excellent team and what we hope is an up and coming team. NU clearly outplayed BC at Matthews and BC returned the favor at Conte. Each team had a tailwind helping to inspire their play at home. Most of us long time Husky fans respect BC's program (and in my case - I had great experiences with the many BC grads I have worked with in "real life"). OTOH I can't even begin to comment how we feel about bu.

Hopefully our team and our university has earned a bit of respect from you folks as well. Now let's move on and plan for our meeting in the Beanpot final.

Comment

Working...
                                X