Any teams on the ice at 12:01AM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any teams on the ice at 12:01AM?

Just wondering how many teams will be on the ice at 12:01 Am, if any?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Re: Any teams on the ice at 12:01AM?

ahhhhhhhhhh midnight madness....

Comment

cortland skated at 12:01... then at 7:00 am, then again at 2:00 pm... no body outworks the red dragons!

Comment

Originally posted by RedPeppersTRUEowner View Post
        cortland skated at 12:01... then at 7:00 am, then again at 2:00 pm... no body outworks the red dragons!
        Hope there weren't any coaches present considering official practices don't start until tomorrow.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Hope there weren't any coaches present considering official practices don't start until tomorrow.
          Yup, 12:01 Am, a little less than 3 1/2 hours from now!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

17 days until the NESCAC (11/1)
            7 days until MASCAC (10/22)

Some of us have to wait a little bit longer....
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

6am for Utica.
              Our bite is worse than our bark....
              Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                17 days until the NESCAC (11/1)
                7 days until MASCAC (10/22)

Some of us have to wait a little bit longer....
                I've always been perplexed why the conferences decide what their start date is instead of an across the board D3 hard start date. Especially when considering the majority of teams don't jump right into conference play and usually start with a few NC games. Wouldn't that be putting MASCAC and NESCAC teams at a disadvantage? And given the disadvantage in my opinion it would set up the conference to lose NC games and make your conference appear weaker than others given the conference record against others? I just don't know why you wouldn't want the teams within your conference getting as many reps as all the other conferences?
                Sergei Fedorov, at the conclusion of his final season as a Red Wing.

"I just don't know what to think. I play in Colorado, they tell me they like me, and I get traded. I play in Calgary, and at the end of the season the GM tells me he likes me, and I get traded. I just hope my fiancee doesn't tell me she likes me."

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockeyFan07 View Post
                  Wouldn't that be putting MASCAC and NESCAC teams at a disadvantage?
                  It would if those student athletes were mere humans, but according to their leagues, those young athletes are super humans arriving on campus in Olympic shape, and capable of comprehending and compressing the typical regimen in only half of the time of other mere mortals.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                    It would if those student athletes were mere humans, but according to their leagues, those young athletes are super humans arriving on campus in Olympic shape, and capable of comprehending and compressing the typical regimen in only half of the time of other mere mortals.
                    I know you're joking, but to some extent you may be actually on to something (at least concerning the NESCAC). I gotta think it's a possibility that a freshman at Middlebury or Amherst may have an easier time learning a system than a Frosh at say, Stout. Are hockey smarts and book smarts mutually exclusive?

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                      I know you're joking, but to some extent you may be actually on to something (at least concerning the NESCAC). I gotta think it's a possibility that a freshman at Middlebury or Amherst may have an easier time learning a system than a Frosh at say, Stout. Are hockey smarts and book smarts mutually exclusive?
                      I have seen it both ways, but for the most part, the hockey smart players and thee book smart players are frequently the same people. FERPA (and human decency) prevents me from naming any specific instances, but I do know of some examples of really bright student who had penchant for making really stupid decisions on the ice, and really poor students who were very savvy hockey players.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Many NESCAC students come to play 2 or 3 sports. You can't play hockey and soccer at the same time. Minimizing the overlap allows the student to finish the fall sport and perhaps miss only a tiny fraction of ice time, unless there is a protracted run in the NCAAs. This is not an issue for a football player since NESCAC doesn't go to the NCAAs there. Similarly, a long postseason run in hockey will impact a lacrosse or baseball player since the NCAAs will overlap with spring sports seasons.
                        Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                          Many NESCAC students come to play 2 or 3 sports. You can't play hockey and soccer at the same time. Minimizing the overlap allows the student to finish the fall sport and perhaps miss only a tiny fraction of ice time, unless there is a protracted run in the NCAAs. This is not an issue for a football player since NESCAC doesn't go to the NCAAs there. Similarly, a long postseason run in hockey will impact a lacrosse or baseball player since the NCAAs will overlap with spring sports seasons.
                          And if the D-III council gets their way, the overlap for a NESCAC team making the finals is 3 weeks longer than it is now.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                          X