Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH @ SCSU - Hey.... you guys are still here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH @ SCSU - Hey.... you guys are still here....

Well, not much to be optimistic about, Euro. If we sweep, big deal because we were supposed to. If we don't sweep, our prospects for this season don't look too hot.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      Well, not much to be optimistic about, Euro. If we sweep, big deal because we were supposed to. If we don't sweep, our prospects for this season don't look too hot.
      Season won't be over after 4 games.
      If we don't sweep, keep working.
      Not sweeping UAH doesn't mean we can't sweep anyone else on our schedule.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Yeah, if we don't sweep call off the season... I mean look how far back we'll be in the WCHA standings.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          Yeah, if we don't sweep call off the season... I mean look how far back we'll be in the WCHA standings.
          Right, because that is exactly what I said. Might as well call off the season. You're a moron.
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Right, because that is exactly what I said. Might as well call off the season. You're a moron.
            You wanna explain to me how our prospects in March and April look are based on one series in October against a non-conference opponent and us throwing a brand new goalie out there?

Don't worry, I'll wait...

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

What Euro said....

Look at last season for example.
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

You wanna explain to me how our prospects in March and April look are based on one series in October against a non-conference opponent and us throwing a brand new goalie out there?

Don't worry, I'll wait...
                They aren't based on one series. But we played last weekend and lost both of those games. So if you add in this weekends games, that would make two series that we have played. So if I look at those four games, and we have lost more of them than we have won, and two of those games were against arguably the worst team in Division I hockey, that would give me reason to suspect that the likelihood of this team playing into late-March is not as good as I suspected.

Also, using the "brand new goalie" excuse is a cop-out. If the coach thinks that starting Joe Phillippi might cost us the game, he shouldn't throw him out there. Non-conference games do count.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Season won't be over after 4 games.
                  If we don't sweep, keep working.
                  Not sweeping UAH doesn't mean we can't sweep anyone else on our schedule.
                  I never said it would be. Just said my expectations will be lowered.

Comment

Now I'm actually cheering for a split; less people on the bandwagon means I'll have room to put my feet up.

Comment

Bully for your expectations.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Pft....you don't know how to lower your expectations. I'm a Cubs fan. I know lower expectations.
                        Originally posted by Skeeterman
                        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Now I'm actually cheering for a split; less people on the bandwagon means I'll have room to put my feet up.
                          Boy, that must be some bandwagon... one where you root for the team to lose.

Comment

We have a bandwagon?! I bet it only has 3 wheels though, doesn't it?

Comment

I think I am the bandwagon for UAH outside of Alabama, Tennessee or Ohio.

Comment

In ESPN Streak For The Cash style:

SCSU: Wins by 3+ goals
                                Any Other Result

I am picking Any Other Result. The team looked decent, if still bottom-dweller in D1, last weekend at the VBC.
                                Way *too many* penalties to kill and that may make the difference. Just as it did between Friday and Saturday.
                                Last edited by ChargerPowerPlay; 10-19-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X