Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU Hockey 2012-2013 Season Thread

Where's boot walt kyle now????????
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
      Where's boot walt kyle now????????
      What happened to CatHockey.com?
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Article about Cohen Adair on miningjournal.net --click: Cohen Adair

Any of you out there seen Adair yet? What do you think?

Sounds like he's going to be a good addition to the team for the Wildcats!
        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post

Adair is off to a good start and looks to be a solid addition to the lineup. Good skater, good hands and his size will help him in those scrambles in front of the net.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I got to see him in Green Bay and he looks like he could be a key contributer. I like his size and so far the college game doesn't seem to be too much for him. Of course as with all freshman I would expect periods of time this season where he disappears. Consistency is usually one of the biggest challenges for freshman.

Comment

Didn't get a chance to watch or listen to the game last night, but what happened? Did the Cats get over-confident from last weekend? From the stats it looked like the offense couldn't generate anything, and defense wasn't quite there. Hopefully this game was a wake up call, and they can bounce back tonight and get the split! Go Cats!!!
              NMU

Comment

Big win for the Cats on Saturday night! After seeing 2 weekends of games I think we can hang in there with the rest of the CCHA. After watching Saturday's game I also think I would leave Follmer up front as he bring some size to the forward line. I also like the way Thurber plays, nothing super fancy, but he always makes the right play and makes the other players around him better. If the stats are correct, we have scored 9 goals this season and Thurber has been on the ice for 7 of them.

Should be a good series this weekend, will be interesting to see how we play back on the big ice sheet in Marquette.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post
                  Should be a good series this weekend, will be interesting to see how we play back on the big ice sheet in Marquette.
                  Well, the 'cats were swept at home. In the CCHA, ND had two wins, everyone else managed splits, OSU & BGSU tied Saturday night. So, NMU is the only team without any points after the first weekend.

For those of you who saw Saturday's game, were there any highlights or strengths that the 'cats displayed worth mentioning? Sounds like the freshman Adair and Aynsley had a good night. Walt said the quality of play was high. Sounds like we're still trying to find our line sets and who plays well with each other. MiningJournal.net Video Report

Next weekend it's UOM. They're coming off a split with Miami.

Go 'Cats!

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

I'm making the 400-mile drive from Bemidji to Marquette this weekend. I have tickets for Friday's hockey game, then FB Saturday afternoon. This will be my first NMU home hockey game. The closest thing to early NMU hockey I saw was the Marquette Iron Rangers in the Palestra (sp?). I did see the Cats last year in Bemidji and sported my NMU letter jacket (70-71 version, hey, I may wear it Friday if that's not too kooky) and my green BSU sweatshirt underneath.

Will also be visiting an NMU college basketball teammate from '72 who I haven't seen in 40 years so should be a great weekend.

Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
                      I'm making the 400-mile drive from Bemidji to Marquette this weekend. I have tickets for Friday's hockey game, then FB Saturday afternoon. This will be my first NMU home hockey game. The closest thing to early NMU hockey I saw was the Marquette Iron Rangers in the Palestra (sp?). I did see the Cats last year in Bemidji and sported my NMU letter jacket (70-71 version, hey, I may wear it Friday if that's not too kooky) and my green BSU sweatshirt underneath.

Will also be visiting an NMU college basketball teammate from '72 who I haven't seen in 40 years so should be a great weekend.

Go Cats!
                      Welcome back home

Should be a good crowd given that it's Michigan... It'll be a fun game, trust me... You'll get the full NMU experience on this weekend
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post

Go Cats!
                        As RaceBoarder said, you should have a great experience. Wish I'd taken this weekend off and driven up for what will probably be UoM's last weekend in Marquette for years to come--who knows. I was up in Marquette for the Lake State series a couple of years ago for the first time in about 16 years and had a great time. Enjoy your trip, stay, events and GO 'CATS!

Comment

Watched both games online this weekend. I was throwing stuff at the monitor on Friday night when the M tied it up. On Saturday I sat on my hands and hoped for a win.

Macaulay's goal on Saturday was sweet and Reed Seckel is one of the most determined players I've seen in a while.

Here's the miningjournal.net article and video after Saturday's game: Northern Michigan holds off Michigan rally in third period for first CCHA win

On to Oxford...anyone know much about Miami this year?

Go 'Cats!

Comment

On to Oxford...anyone know much about Miami this year?

Go 'Cats!
                            Other than them having a CCHA and National rookie of the month and another as a CCHA player of the month, and splitting with Michigan and Ferris? Not really. They lost a few key players to early departures this summer, so the 'Cats are going to have to avoid Goon Rico's game plan.

I see Miami as a Wisconsin type opponent: lots of turmoil that is still settling, and the 'Cats need to take advantage and get a pair of wins.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Good weekend for the Cats, would've been nice to see a sweep, but 4 points is good against a strong Michigan team.

Looking forward to Miami, they have a very strong team. I Think Northern can manage a split or even a sweep. Miami split with Ferris and Michigan.
                              NMU

Comment

Great rebound win from the Cats this weekend! Hope the team learned a lesson about staying out of the box from the Friday game.

I also hope Walt continues to use the Saturday night combo on the 4th line. They held their own and provided a physical presence. I thought Kesti played his best game of the season.

The other guy I really thought played well was Thurber. He just seems to make scoring opportunities for everyone who plays with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X