Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU Hockey 2012-2013 Season Thread

Too good for just the Alumni forum:

In case you missed it (and I know everyone did because who cares about the Blues or Avalanche), Olver hammers Tarasenko during last nights game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...5715--nhl.html
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm the host of Muskegon's "Wildcat Night Across the Country," and I'm seriously wondering what we're going to do next year. I've heard Bowling Green is a nice town to travel to, and maybe we can go to Big Rapids, but I'm thinking the days of gathering at a local bar and watching NMU on TV might be a thing of the past.

We'll see what the schedule holds next year...
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I just saw BG posted their WCHA schedule and they are not hosting NMU...just a series in Marquette.

Comment

Originally posted by spikechiquet View Post
          I just saw BG posted their WCHA schedule and they are not hosting NMU...just a series in Marquette.
          Interesting that they're playing the two other UP teams home and away, but not NMU. And only playing the closest team to them, Ferris, at Ferris.

Home and Away: UAA, Mankato, LSSU, UAH, MTU

Home: UAf, BSU

Away: FSU, NMU

EDIT: Here's the link should anyone be interested: BGSU WCHA Schedule
          Last edited by aygwm2; 02-23-2013, 05:50 PM.
          NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
            Interesting that they're playing the two other UP teams home and away, but not NMU. And only playing the closest team to them, Ferris, at Ferris.

Before Alabama was accepted into the WCHA, the Lakers were not scheduled to play in Marquette. I wonder if that has changed with Alabama being accepted to the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post

Onei must remember that this years schedule is a bit of a crapshoot. Schedules, including non-conference games were already completed. That left very little flexibility. As far as NMU getting UAF, UAH and UAA on the road, every team will do it in the schedule rotation.
              Last edited by davyd83; 02-23-2013, 10:38 PM.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                Oh good. The at NMU series isn't the first weekend in March out of habit.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Hopefully other teams release their WCHA schedules soon like Bowling Green just did. I'm hoping NMU and LSSU will play four times next season.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    Hopefully other teams release their WCHA schedules soon like Bowling Green just did. I'm hoping NMU and LSSU will play four times next season.
                    They won't.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      They won't.
                      They won't release their schedule or they won't play four times?

Comment

• Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                        They won't release their schedule or they won't play four times?
                        Won't play four times next year. Once the regular schedule rotation begins, teams will play their travel partner 4x (UAA-UAF, Bemidji-MinnSt, NMU-Tech, LSSU-Ferris, BG-UAH) and two other pairs 4x. So NMU & LSSU will meet four times twice every four years.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Won't play four times next year. Once the regular schedule rotation begins, teams will play their travel partner 4x (UAA-UAF, Bemidji-MinnSt, NMU-Tech, LSSU-Ferris, BG-UAH) and two other pairs 4x. So NMU & LSSU will meet four times twice every four years.
                          So I'm guessing NMU/LSSU will be just in the Sault in 2013-14, then both in 2014-15, then just Marquette in 2015-16 and then both again in 2016-17.
                          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

That series should be a home and home. Every year.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              That series should be a home and home. Every year.
                              Don't hold your breath for that to happen. It would only work if teams from two OTHER scheduling 'pairs' can do it the same way, or you'll end up with 13 games at home and 15 away (or visa-versa).
                              Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                So I'm guessing NMU/LSSU will be just in the Sault in 2013-14, then both in 2014-15, then just Marquette in 2015-16 and then both again in 2016-17.
                                Those thing could happen in any order.

Comment

Working...
                                X