Ferris State vs RPI - Saturday, October 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris State vs RPI - Saturday, October 13th

RPI defeated Ferris on Friday night. Now it's time for Saturday's game thread!
    Go Red, Go! Let's keep that winning feling going.
    Here we come!

Re: Ferris State vs RPI - Saturday, October 13th

20012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         1- 0- 0  2 points  1.000
    fr joe             1- 0- 0  2 points  1.000

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2011-12 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    fr joe            28-31- 7 63 points  .477
    Ralph Baer        26-28- 8 60 points  .484
    engineerhockeyfan 16-20- 4 36 points  .450
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    GRussinko          8-14- 2 18 points  .375
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    DrDemento          4-14- 3 11 points  .262
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
    jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    REDRocket          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
      RPI defeated Ferris on Friday night. Now it's time for Saturday's game thread!
      Go Red, Go! Let's keep that winning feling going.
      Not too superstitious, but I am glad to see fr joe start the thread.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT YOU WHITE WHITE WHITE!!!
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

See you tonight.
        Here we come!

Comment

I am superstitious and i too am glad FJ did the honors. In 1985 I dressed in the same outfit every game once we started a winning streak (I believe we were 3-2 at the time). It got so bad that I even prepared to go to each game at the exact same time and in the same sequence and ate and drank the same things. Jenny thought it was pathologic-and it was. At the very least I probably needed Valium or perhaps even Thorazine. Some would have said Electroshock would have helped. But I was not changing that routine even in Detroit at Joe Louis Arena. She is already prepared for this if it happens again-we have the medicines available. FSU is really avery good team and deservedly ranked about 11 in the preseason. If by some chance we do pull this one out tonight-I am back in that OCD frame of mind. Let's Go Red!!!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Lines are out, Neal is in. Not sure who's starting in net......http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...te.pdf?id=1347 Ferris St. Lines.... http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...ay.pdf?id=1348.....Zebras; Baker/St.Lawrence......Linesmen=Patry/Cooke.
            Last edited by turk181; 10-13-2012, 01:50 PM.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Lines are out, Neal is in. Not sure who's starting in net......http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...te.pdf?id=1347 Ferris St. Lines.... http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...ay.pdf?id=1348.....Zebras; Baker/St.Lawrence......Linesmen=Patry/Cooke.
              Turk-Looking at our 4 offensive lines. None of them look spectacular-but none of them stand out from each other either. They just all look good, perhaps very good. And well balanced. We have 4 lines that really could be out there at any time. There is some good size, some speed and enough talent. As long as the injury or illness bug does not strike us (bite my tongue and please get each of these boys a flu shot now) I really like this kind of depth and the ability to just keep sending them over the boards. If this starts to come together-there are a lot of teams that are going to have a handful of trouble playing against us. And remember-we get Marty O'Grady back in about 4 weeks. I am starting to get a very good feeling(and that is not something I can honestly say has been there much in the past several years). I know we were able to get to the NCAA tournament 2 years ago-but I never felt we had this level of depth.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Turk-Looking at our 4 offensive lines. None of them look spectacular-but none of them stand out from each other either. They just all look good, perhaps very good. And well balanced. We have 4 lines that really could be out there at any time. There is some good size, some speed and enough talent. As long as the injury or illness bug does not strike us (bite my tongue and please get each of these boys a flu shot now) I really like this kind of depth and the ability to just keep sending them over the boards. If this starts to come together-there are a lot of teams that are going to have a handful of trouble playing against us. And remember-we get Marty O'Grady back in about 4 weeks. I am starting to get a very good feeling(and that is not something I can honestly say has been there much in the past several years). I know we were able to get to the NCAA tournament 2 years ago-but I never felt we had this level of depth.
                Doc, you are right about the depth. The lines are well balanced and play both ends of the ice. There is plenty of fire power on each line. One freshman that stood out to me last night was Bubela. He is fast can handle the puck and is very elusive. If he score early, I think he will give a another level of offense that we were not expecting.
                I will be watching him every time he is on the ice. very exciting.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                Gary Player

Comment

Isn't that the exact lineup that we used yesterday besides for the question about who is in goal?

I agree that Bubela stood out. As someone said, and i agree, he seems to have a long reach and very good puck control.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Isn't that the exact lineup that we used yesterday besides for the question about who is in goal?

I agree that Bubela stood out. As someone said, and i agree, he seems to have a long reach and very good puck control.
                    Yes, it is.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Doc, you are right about the depth. The lines are well balanced and play both ends of the ice. There is plenty of fire power on each line. One freshman that stood out to me last night was Bubela. He is fast can handle the puck and is very elusive. If he score early, I think he will give a another level of offense that we were not expecting.
                      I will be watching him every time he is on the ice. very exciting.
                      Sources have told me that Bubela will be quite an upside surprise. I saw only a small part of the game but was a bit surprised and of course pleased with how physical we are. Either that or FSU is a smaller less physical team than I remember from last year when they just shut us down in those 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Sources have told me that Bubela will be quite an upside surprise. I saw only a small part of the game but was a bit surprised and of course pleased with how physical we are. Either that or FSU is a smaller less physical team than I remember from last year when they just shut us down in those 2 games.
                        FSUs defense is very small.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          FSUs defense is very small.
                          Then they better be talented. The size of the forwards on some of these NCAA teams is getting very much NHLesque. I would think moving Tinordi or Zalewski would be a load for most and there are much bigger boys out there in the rest of college hockey.

Comment

Looks like Merriam in goal for some reason to me-but my eyes are not that good

Comment

Ferris putting on a lot more pressure thatn they did last night. This is going to be a good test.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                              X