X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hockey Overtime

Official Press Release:

101.3 ESPN TO DEBUT NEW COLLEGE HOCKEY RADIO SHOW

COLCHESTER, VT - 101.3 ESPN will debut a new show on Monday, October 15th, from 7pm-8pm called "College Hockey Overtime." The show will be hosted by Chris Villani of 101.3 ESPN & Ashley Chase of WCAX-TV in Burlington and feature news and interviews from the college hockey weekend.

College Hockey Overtime will have a strong focus on the division three college hockey programs in Vermont & New York, all of which have enjoyed considerable success on the regional and national level. Interviews with coaches and student-athletes from Castleton, Middlebury, Norwich, and Plattsburgh State will all be part of College Hockey Overtime.

Fans can tune into the show every Monday from 7-8pm on 101.3 FM or online at 1013ESPN.com and shows and interviews will be made available for download after airing. College Hockey Overtime is presented by Primelink Voice & Data.

Re: College Hockey Overtime

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
    Official Press Release:

101.3 ESPN TO DEBUT NEW COLLEGE HOCKEY RADIO SHOW

COLCHESTER, VT - 101.3 ESPN will debut a new show on Monday, October 15th, from 7pm-8pm called "College Hockey Overtime." The show will be hosted by Chris Villani of 101.3 ESPN & Ashley Chase of WCAX-TV in Burlington and feature news and interviews from the college hockey weekend.

College Hockey Overtime will have a strong focus on the division three college hockey programs in Vermont & New York, all of which have enjoyed considerable success on the regional and national level. Interviews with coaches and student-athletes from Castleton, Middlebury, Norwich, and Plattsburgh State will all be part of College Hockey Overtime.

Fans can tune into the show every Monday from 7-8pm on 101.3 FM or online at 1013ESPN.com and shows and interviews will be made available for download after airing. College Hockey Overtime is presented by Primelink Voice & Data.
    It's not really ESPN that is doing this, it is W (whatever the rest of the call letters are). This loss of identity of local radio stations drives me nuts...
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      It's not really ESPN that is doing this, it is W (whatever the rest of the call letters are). This loss of identity of local radio stations drives me nuts...
      101.3ESPN is good enough for call letters for me!!!! It's about the only station I listen to any more. The Chris and Rich show in the afternoon is more entertaining than most of ESPN's national shows.

(I think the call letters are WPAV or something like that)
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
        101.3ESPN is good enough for call letters for me!!!! It's about the only station I listen to any more. The Chris and Rich show in the afternoon is more entertaining than most of ESPN's national shows.

I remember when the FCC required radio stations to repeat their full call letters, city of license and frequency every 30 minutes - network prgamming built breaks into their presentations to allow for it "we pause for station identification, this is the ...network" Then the station would come on "This KOMO Seattle, Radio 1000" and proceed with the program. Now we hear things like "this is NewsRadio 1000." Drives me crazy... but I'm old.

Comment

Very close they are WCPV.
          Last edited by norm1909; 10-13-2012, 11:15 AM.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I remember when the FCC required radio stations to repeat their full call letters, city of license and frequency every 30 minutes - network prgamming built breaks into their presentations to allow for it "we pause for station identification, this is the ...network" Then the station would come on "This KOMO Seattle, Radio 1000" and proceed with the program. Now we hear things like "this is NewsRadio 1000." Drives me crazy... but I'm old.

Legal IDs still occur once at the top of the hour per FCC rule. It's just that a lot of them emphasize the tag lines over the letters and just say the letters really fast.Unless a station is known well by its letters to the audience, they see no need to emphasize them. 101.3 usually goes live and local during one daypart and are thus very much married to their network. And because ESPN is such a well known name they want the audience to associate it with them.

Comment

Should be 4 on 4 IMO.

What's this thread about?
              #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                Should be 4 on 4 IMO.

+1
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Should be 4 on 4 IMO.

+2
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Should be 4 on 4 IMO.

Totally disagree. 5 on 5 for 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                      Legal IDs still occur once at the top of the hour per FCC rule. It's just that a lot of them emphasize the tag lines over the letters and just say the letters really fast.Unless a station is known well by its letters to the audience, they see no need to emphasize them. 101.3 usually goes live and local during one daypart and are thus very much married to their network. And because ESPN is such a well known name they want the audience to associate it with them.
                      When I hear about stations like "Frank," or "Froggy," or "The Point" (which absolutely the silliest one ever - every FM station has a decimal point in its frequency). I always want to know what their real call letters are.

What is also interesting was way back when FM stationed were first licensed, the FCC determined that frequency separation needed to be 0.2 MHz because of the senisitivity of the receivers/transmitters of the day, and they also decided that it would be too much of an advantage for a station to have a frequency similar to 100.0, the determined that fractional portion of the frequency would be an odd number rather than an even number. Of course, stations immediately started rounding off, so that 99.9 become B-100 anyway. B-100 later morphed into "the Buzz"

Comment

Totally disagree. 5 on 5 for 10 minutes.
                        I'd like to see the pros play 4 on 4 for 10 minutes and then, obviously, no shootout. Ties in college don't bother me as much, so I'd say 4 on 4 for 5 is fine.
                        #OneKnight

Comment

I'd like to see the pros play 4 on 4 for 10 minutes and then, obviously, no shootout. Ties in college don't bother me as much, so I'd say 4 on 4 for 5 is fine.
                          In any case, awarding a team a point for losing a game on the ice is wrong. If the pros want to make some games worth 3 points and some worth 2, it should only award the extra point for a game that ends with a shoot out, not one that ends with a goal.

Comment

I wonder what happened to all their rock cds?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

I know I've said this about 55 times here, but I think that if we're hell-bent on having a winner, 4x4 for 10 minutes is the way to go. More open ice for longer, and we avoid the shootout. If we can't settle the thing after that, go home with a tie.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                              X