Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

What's the vibe like for the hockey team in Houghton? I noticed both home games so far have been over 3,400 for attendance.
    Beat em' Beat em' MTU!!!
    Northern Sucks

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

The atmosphere has been outstanding so far... The band is awesome (as usual).. The misfits are loud... and the student section as a whole has been jam packed and catching on!!! Props to the misfits and the band for getting the "other side" to stand and cheer with 2 minutes left last night!!!! The difference is noticeable and I'm sure the team can feel the extra energy with the way the Mac has been buzzing so far...

Comment

Last report via Twitter - 50 reserved seats left for tonight. So including the suites, gate attendance will likely be about the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Last report via Twitter - 50 reserved seats left for tonight. So including the suites, gate attendance will likely be about the same.
          There were a lot of walk ups last night.
          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
            The atmosphere has been outstanding so far... The band is awesome (as usual).. The misfits are loud... and the student section as a whole has been jam packed and catching on!!! Props to the misfits and the band for getting the "other side" to stand and cheer with 2 minutes left last night!!!! The difference is noticeable and I'm sure the team can feel the extra energy with the way the Mac has been buzzing so far...
            Nice to hear. Have the locals bought in or just the hardcore local fans? Before there were complaints of parking cost, ticket prices and food as reasons not to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              What is the capacity up there?

Great game last night for your boys. Keep working the gophs along the wall and I can see a sweep. Didn't realize how fast some of your forwards were until I saw it for myself last night. Huskies will have home ice this year and will make a trip to the big tourney. Nice squad.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                The stands seat 2800, with suites and standing room it's 4128.
                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                  Before there were complaints of parking cost, ticket prices and food as reasons not to show up.
                  Those complaints were probably from people old enough to remember Tech's last national championship.

"In my day it was $1.50 for a seat at the Dee, and I had to work part-time in the cafeteria to afford that! And I walked to every game! In a blizzard!" *click*click*click*

Comment

Those complaints were probably from people old enough to remember Tech's last national championship.

"In my day it was $1.50 for a seat at the Dee, and I had to work part-time in the cafeteria to afford that! And I walked to every game! In a blizzard!" *click*click*click*
                    Hopefully you'll be joining us tonight in the chat. Speaking of that, click below.

*****http://www.techhockeyguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/thglive.png******

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post

Great game last night for your boys. Keep working the gophs along the wall and I can see a sweep. Didn't realize how fast some of your forwards were until I saw it for myself last night. Huskies will have home ice this year and will make a trip to the big tourney. Nice squad.
                      Tech had a nice squad last year too.
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                        The stands seat 2800, with suites and standing room it's 4128.
                        Thanks. It is packed tonight.
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                          Tech had a nice squad last year too.
                          Yes they did and I like seeing that.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Nice win Huskies. I'd really like to see Tech back among the elite teams.
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                              Hopefully you'll be joining us tonight in the chat.
                              Sorry, a bunch of stuff came up this weekend. Wound up having to follow via phone both nights.

I'll take the split; Copley acquitted himself well this weekend. Probably prevented the score from being worse tonight, as MN stepped up their game and Tech did not.

Comment

'll take the split; Copley acquitted himself well this weekend. Probably prevented the score from being worse tonight, as MN stepped up their game and Tech did not.
                                After the PK, Tech looked sluggish onwards. Not too surprised being the first normal weekend series.

Comment

Working...
                                X