Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    That's what winning the GLI will do.
    I wonder if that alum that we met in St. Louis finally made his donation that was contingent on MTU winning the GLI?
    Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 01-16-2013, 09:30 AM.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I wonder if that alum that we met in St. Louis finally made his donation that was contingent on MTU winning the GLI?
      That was St. Louis? I was thinking it was Washington DC.... Ah, what do I know, I was sober for about 2 hours of those trips combined.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        That was St. Louis? I was thinking it was Washington DC.... Ah, what do I know, I was sober for about 2 hours of those trips combined.
        DC, St Louis? whatever...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Quest View Post
          Does Yost still have bleachers? Does Yost still have the locker rooms upstairs? How many days of the year does Yost have ice?

Michigan is a football school. Both the ice arena and basketball arena are named after football coaches.
          "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
          Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
            Does Yost still have bleachers? Does Yost still have the locker rooms upstairs? How many days of the year does Yost have ice?

Michigan is a football school. Both the ice arena and basketball arena are named after football coaches.
            Even though i'm a Tech fan, i would have to agree with the whiners. Yost is the best venue in Michigan to watch hockey when you take everything into consideration.
            "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
              Even though i'm a Tech fan, i would have to agree with the whiners. Yost is the best venue in Michigan to watch hockey when you take everything into consideration.
              Best does not equal bleacher seats.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Have you been to a game there? Those bleachers are HORRIBLE and people always sneak their friends into the row which makes it extremely uncomfortable. At least the MacInnes arena has individual wooden seats. Our band is much better, we have the Blue Skirt Waltz, and our fight song is better...it's not a downfield football march.
                "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                  Have you been to a game there? Those bleachers are HORRIBLE and people always sneak their friends into the row which makes it extremely uncomfortable. At least the MacInnes arena has individual wooden seats. Our band is much better, we have the Blue Skirt Waltz, and our fight song is better...it's not a downfield football march.
                  We haven't had wooden seats for a few years now

Comment

I have to say that since the installation of the new scoreboard, Yost has lost it for me, and the bleachers are not that good from many parts,Though yes it does have a lot going for it. I disagreed with the writer on Compuware too, it's a HS rink if you ask me and the ice cube is as good as it is. BTW Fielding Yost was also an AD if I'm not mistaken not just a football coach.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I've been to Yost, Munn, Berry, the Joe, and MacInnes.

For atmosphere, I'll take the Mac any day.
                      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Very quiet on the forum about the upcoming game. I'd say we need a sweep and should be able to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                          I've been to Yost, Munn, Berry, the Joe, and MacInnes.

For atmosphere, I'll take the Mac any day.
                          Yost is the best IMO. and even better now after the new renovations. i was just there a few weeks ago. i respectfully disagree with you on the atmosphere being better at the Mac. Yost seats 8,000 and is sold out most of the time. the crowd is always raucous and the band is on par with Tech's pep band. The Mac is usually half full at best. I'm sorry but watching a game in a half full arena doesn't compare. i dont care how comfortable the seats are.
                          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Mining Gazette article on this weekends games

http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co....html?nav=5009

From the article, likely lines tonight:
                            Johnstone-Furne-Gordic
                            B. Pietila-Kero-Petan
                            Khaira-D. Johnstone-Gould
                            Eick-Rix - Aaron or Chad Pietila

Sova- Hyland or Fillion
                            Nielsen-Stebner
                            Seigo-Sweeeney

Likely Copley in net

Pearson was careful to note that though urgency is important, neither panic nor defeatism has set in inside the Huskies' locker room.

Comment

Yost is the best IMO. and even better now after the new renovations. i was just there a few weeks ago. i respectfully disagree with you on the atmosphere being better at the Mac. Yost seats 8,000 and is sold out most of the time. the crowd is always raucous and the band is on par with Tech's pep band. The Mac is usually half full at best. I'm sorry but watching a game in a half full arena doesn't compare. i dont care how comfortable the seats are.
                              Yeah, that band has those 2 songs absolutely mastered!

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Finally getting caught up on recruits, just published an article on Travis Brown: Huskies Ink Royal Blueline

Hopefully I'll get caught up on the rest before we get more, but that might not happen (as soon as this weekend). Hopefully I'll have something on Mark Evan Auk on Tuesday and Trevor Cope next Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X