PDA

View Full Version : '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51

Flashy Man
02-01-2013, 12:04 PM
The food services area at MTU does a great job with setting up and serving meals for meetings. Of course this is a different situation but I would give them a shot at working the food situation at the MAC. Is the food a possible money stream that is not being dealt with fully?

Dining Services already runs the SDC's concession stands. They need to expand the menu. At Amsoil I can get pulled pork, chicken tenders, and walleye fillets.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/186964/

Red Cows
02-01-2013, 12:56 PM
At Amsoil I can get pulled pork, chicken tenders, and walleye fillets.

Yeah, if you can get near the concession stands there. They were mobbed (before the games) when I made a trip there in March of '11. in fairness, these were only the 9th and 10th games that had been played in the new arena. And the concessions (and restrooms) are all on the concourse level, there are none in the upper level. Probably my only dig on the place, though.

giwan
02-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Dining Services already runs the SDC's concession stands. They need to expand the menu. At Amsoil I can get pulled pork, chicken tenders, and walleye fillets.
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/186964/

Then they do not pay attention to it at all. Enjoyed that at Amsoil as well

mtu_huskies
02-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Was looking a the Mich Tech game notes today and in The Last Time... section I saw this:

Michigan Tech Goaltender Scored a Goal.............................................. .... Jan. 21, 1989 (Damian Rhodes, 5-2 win, only time in WCHA history a goaltender has scored a goal)

I'm not sure if that's always been in there and I had noticed or it's new, but how odd. It must've been an ENG.

Red Cows
02-01-2013, 05:29 PM
FYI Tech fans, NETV, which is televising the game tonight locally (statewide) is also streaming it live:

http://netnebraska.org/interactive-multimedia/sports/hockey-michigan-tech-vs-uno

Shirtless Guy
02-01-2013, 06:06 PM
FYI Tech fans, NETV, which is televising the game tonight locally (statewide) is also streaming it live:

http://netnebraska.org/interactive-multimedia/sports/hockey-michigan-tech-vs-unoFree?!?!

Red Cows
02-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Free?!?!

Yup.

Lawson_lunatic27
02-01-2013, 09:55 PM

http://netnebraska.org/interactive-multimedia/sports/hockey-michigan-tech-vs-uno

Caught the third period thanks to this link! Nice job by tech to keep themselves in the game till the very end. Too bad it didnt result in a victory....

The Troll mtu86
02-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Too many give aways, too many not even close passes, too many missed chances, one too many dumb penalties. Hope that was just a case of bus legs and they can get things clicking tomorrow

mtu_huskies
02-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Up/down game tonight. Again slow start, first 5 mins was all UNO. We played really well first 5 in the 2nd forcing them to use their timeout. Generally a good PK too.

Anyone know who's the other goalie that made the trip?

Mel's postgame thoughts:
We were concerned abotu how we'd start with bye, we were on our heels
We answered the bell, first goal was a big goal, started 2nd period real well
3rd period we did a pretty good job, refs decide to get involved in teh game after not being involved all game
really bother Mel, let the kids play, both teams playing hard, let players decide the game
Really controlled zone play in 2nd, needed to get more pucks to the net, attempted quite a few in 3rd
Can't continue to get behind like that against good hockey teams
Likteig, can skate, bit of a spark plug, he's healthy and played well in GLI, he added something tonight
Eick/Rix had opportunities, need to relax with the puck, the speed makes things happen
Tell guys to get off to better start, they had some great A chances, need to play better without the puck, manage the puck better, their 2nd goal, shot into a guys shin pads, they walk down the other way and score
Copley - good game, all goals couldn't do much, strong game, need to play better in front of him
We'll be better prepared, can we maintin tonight's pace/intensity into tomorrow

The Exiled One
02-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Too many give aways, too many not even close passes, too many missed chances, one too many dumb penalties. Hope that was just a case of bus legs and they can get things clicking tomorrow
Yes please. :)

eleneki
02-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Genoe is the other goalie who made the trip

Huskiefan906
02-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Let's go guys We need a win in the WCHA.

Hope we can get a lead tonight.

BlizzardT
02-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Let's go guys We need a win in the WCHA.

Hope we can get a lead tonight.

UNO is a pretty good team. We played them pretty good last night. Outside of a few odd man rushes and dumb turn overs in the first we out played them especially in the third. It may not look like much but our guys played pretty clean against a team with a lot of speed. I really like our chances to win our last game in this building perhaps forever!

I think Copely will really show up tonight. I've watched a lot of games at the QWest center, but can't recall seeing UNO being shutout. A clean, smart game tonight can get it done!

Red Cows
02-02-2013, 03:31 PM
UNO is a pretty good team. We played them pretty good last night. Outside of a few odd man rushes and dumb turn overs in the first we out played them especially in the third. It may not look like much but our guys played pretty clean against a team with a lot of speed. I really like our chances to win our last game in this building perhaps forever!

I think Copely will really show up tonight. I've watched a lot of games at the QWest center, but can't recall seeing UNO being shutout. A clean, smart game tonight can get it done!

UNO was last shut-out at home on 3-2-12 by Denver. Before that? 2-7-09 by Western Michigan while still a CCHA member.

Big crowd for the game tonight. More than 10,000 expected. Me among them!

By the way, it isn't the Qwest Center any more. It's now the Centurylink Center (The "Clink").

Burnt Orange Husky
02-02-2013, 09:49 PM
WAY TO GO HUSKIES!!!
Too bad UNO didn't stream tonight's games. Who was in the net tonight?

Shirtless Guy
02-02-2013, 09:56 PM
WAY TO GO HUSKIES!!!
Too bad UNO didn't stream tonight's games. Who was in the net tonight?copley and it was streamed, just not by pbs Nebraska so it wasn't free...

mtu_huskies
02-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Big OT win

Mel's postgame thoughts:
Happy for our team, we've been playing hard
Gritty win on the road against a good team
We need to learn how to bottle this and continue it
We had some great chances, Eick, Pietila etc
Brown and Likteig played well, we have good depth, need to learn to push each other to get better everyday
Makes the 12 hours bus rid a lot better, momentum going into carnival
We have to learn to play with this intensity/emotion every time
guys had a real good team meeting abotu it last night, start playing like we're in the playoffs
We rolled all 4 lines, we had energy/jump, great win
Don't know how many times we've won here/played here, or when we'll be back, but great win
We need a big crowd, it'll be a great weekend of hockey
4 home games, need to make some hay
Great for Copley, bounce back and have a great Saturday

geezer
02-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Hey Tech won! sweet. Looking forward hopefully to a dominating Carnival weekend and setting the tone for a strong finish.

gomavs#1
02-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Well played Tech, well played. Clearly outplayed UNO in OT. For those of you Tech fans that made the trip to Omaha...how'd you like our ice/water sheet? Pretty sweet....