Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I figured someone would say that
    honest? I thought I was making it up as I went along.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      Terminal sibilant alveolar fricatives are your friends, as required by subject-verb agreement rules. Also, don't pick on the Calumet people, we don't talk good.
      You will pry my Harvard comma from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

honest? I thought I was making it up as I went along.
        Well the part about the "s", I don't know about the rest of that BS.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          You will pry my Harvard comma from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
          fwiw, Michigan Tech's style guide requires its use anyway.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
            Does anyone know if they will sell and GLI champions merchandise? I doubt it but figured I would ask. May have to pick up the new Gold jersey as a GLI Champions souvenir.
            It will be available in a few weeks.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

fwiw, Michigan Tech's style guide requires its use anyway.
              Press releases, which are AP style, specify not to use it.

I worked in University Marketing and Communications for a few years toward the end of my Tech career. My first press release I turned in used a Harvard comma. The head of UMC was delighted I still used it, and said it broke her heart to tell me to stop because AP style doesn't call for it.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                Terminal sibilant alveolar fricatives are your friends, as required by subject-verb agreement rules. Also, don't pick on the Calumet people, we don't talk good.
                Corse we be da yoopers
                Huskys all the way

Comment

I haven't been following the WJC, but the radio said Blake leads team USA in +/- with +5 so far. That's pretty cool. Would like to see him go on a tear for about the next 3 months or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    I haven't been following the WJC, but the radio said Blake leads team USA in +/- with +5 so far. That's pretty cool. Would like to see him go on a tear for about the next 3 months or so.
                    He's also a key part of of the penalty kill.
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                      He's also a key part of of the penalty kill.
                      from the United States of Hockey Blog.

Blake Pietila — Pietila was dynamic on the penalty kill and made a lot of the really simple plays that can make him so effective. He played physical and was also good at shutting down opposing forwards and pressuring the D. He’s stayed within his role perfectly throughout the tournament and while you don’t always notice it, he’s usually having a big impact on the game.

The Grind Line — I could mention each guy individually, but this line succeeds as a group more than any other for the U.S. Even though the U.S. wasn’t able to always get the match-ups that they wanted for these guys, they were able to adjust their game as the situation dictated it. Cole Bardreau was good on faceoffs. Blake Pietila was terrific on the forecheck and winning battles along the boards. Ryan Hartman was able to create some offense, while also playing a smart, physical game. All three guys have embraced their roles and without them, the U.S. may not be here. You have to have something from your depth guys and they’ve been answering the bell.

In other news that might interest locals, Big Ben Storm got picked to play in the USHL NHL Prospects game on Jan. 23rd.

http://www.ushl.com/news.php?action=detail&news_id=1451
                      "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

On the heels of Copley's outstanding performance at this year's GLI, Mel should give Tony Esposito a call to see if he can get Tony engaged with the hockey program in some way even if it's just a one-time visit. It's my perception that Tony has been unwilling to get involved with/support the Huskies. Am I wrong?
                        "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                        Abe Lincoln

Comment

A GLI Championship and a U20 Gold Medal would make for a pretty nice little week for Tech Hockey.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                            On the heels of Copley's outstanding performance at this year's GLI, Mel should give Tony Esposito a call to see if he can get Tony engaged with the hockey program in some way even if it's just a one-time visit. It's my perception that Tony has been unwilling to get involved with/support the Huskies. Am I wrong?
                            it's not perception, it's reality. Tony Esposito once referred to Houghton, MI as the armpit of the midwest. Big A-hole from what i hear.
                            "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

I thought Pietila was one of three or four top players at the world juniors for the US, and I think when he comes back we will have a much improved player from the standpoint that he will be more disciplined and play his position better. He has played outstanding, and his line is the reason we have the result we have so far. When the US has faltered it's because the other team checked closely, and that's where he has shined the most. When it was a wide open game you didn't see him much, but when the chips were down he showed up.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                                I have wondered the same thing. I thought about emailing the Mel Pearson show to ask, but based on eye4talent's post, maybe it's good I didn't! Sounds like he has no interest in being involved with this school.

Comment

Working...
                                X