Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
    Favorite part of that photo, Mel with his hands in his pockets
    "Act like you've been here before?"

It IS old hat to him by now...
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      "Act like you've been here before?"

It IS old hat to him by now...
      I'm sure it's sweet for Mel . . . and bringing back the MacInnes Cup is only one of several goals on his checklist.

Comment

Does anyone know if they will sell and GLI champions merchandise? I doubt it but figured I would ask. May have to pick up the new Gold jersey as a GLI Champions souvenir.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post

I didn't get to hear any of the Mix93 interviews of Mel, do we know if the Saturday changes, I think Likteig, Holmber and Hietila were injury related or just changing the lineup?
          Just switching around personnel per performance/matchup purposes. No major injuries other than Lickteig's heavy crash into the end boards.

Comment

I still cant believe it! love tMel's look in the pic. mr cool, we do this all the time.

of course I dont really believe we'll be in St Paul. we haven't a chance. no way.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              I still cant believe it! love tMel's look in the pic. mr cool, we do this all the time.

of course I dont really believe we'll be in St Paul. we haven't a chance. no way.
              So we all know that HF is superstitious, but who else is... I'll admit it I am. It's required that I log in exactly 10 minutes before game time, that I stand during play, and that the computer sit on the same stool during the games.
              I wonder what other stupid superstitious habits our fans have?
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

A friend of mine with no rooting interest for Tech watched the team play MN back at the start of the season and watched both games of the GLI this past weekend. His comment to me was: "How is the team only 6-10-3..."

The potential is clearly there, we just need to get that "best effort" every game.

Ryan J
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Similar comment was made on FSD something along the lines of "how they score I can see them beating anyone, the way they play defense I can see them losing to anyone" If they give their best effort and tighten up the D zone they will win consistently.
                  Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 01-02-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Vs. ND there were a lot of goals that seemed easy if they can keep them goals out of the net they can win many games, a lot of it was coverage issues, i think for the most part they have that fixed now.
                    Huskys all the way

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecalkid View Post
                      Vs. ND there were a lot of goals that seemed easy if they can keep them goals out of the net they can win many games, a lot of it was coverage issues, i think for the most part they have that fixed now.
                      Getting it right for one weekend of CCHA opponents does not mean it is fixed. Do they have a better idea of how they need to play? Absolutely. Will it translate into WCHA wins? Only if the have the same complete 60 minute effort, night in and night out. Sustaining the level of play is tough. I just hope the taste of Champion-chips lingers in their mouths a little bit, and make them hungry for more.

These freshman and sophomores are only going to get better, so long as they push themselves harder and harder to become better players. Mel has the right mix of talent and grit on this team right now to start turning the corner with the program. Do the players, have the attentiveness, the will and the drive to make it stick and become reality? That is the true question. Should make for a roller coaster, but exciting next few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                        Getting it right for one weekend of CCHA opponents does not mean it is fixed. Do they have a better idea of how they need to play? Absolutely. Will it translate into WCHA wins? Only if the have the same complete 60 minute effort, night in and night out. Sustaining the level of play is tough. I just hope the taste of Champion-chips lingers in their mouths a little bit, and make them hungry for more.

These freshman and sophomores are only going to get better, so long as they push themselves harder and harder to become better players. Mel has the right mix of talent and grit on this team right now to start turning the corner with the program. Do the players, have the attentiveness, the will and the drive to make it stick and become reality? That is the true question. Should make for a roller coaster, but exciting next few years.
                        I wish tech could get more of dennis rix we will miss him When hes done look for tech to have fast teams also in the next couple of years they will have WAY more talent coming in like jake jackson
                        Huskys all the way

Comment

Commas and periods are your friend.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Stephen Anderson's column today - It was Tech's Year at GLI

http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co...e-Huskies.html

A couple of tweets from Stephen:
                            Lickteig feeling alright, but sprained shoulder, out 2-4 weeks. Dan Sova may be ready for UMD.

mtuhky had Monday/Tuesday off, today is a travel day, will practice Th/Fri afternoon, Saturday morning and back to normal next Monday

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Commas and periods are your friend.
                              Terminal sibilant alveolar fricatives are your friends, as required by subject-verb agreement rules. Also, don't pick on the Calumet people, we don't talk good.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                Terminal sibilant alveolar fricatives are your friends, as required by subject-verb agreement rules. Also, don't pick on the Calumet people, we don't talk good.
                                I figured someone would say that, but I used it how I intended to.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X