Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    I don't know. I heard someone else wishing it had been outside but I think all these things came together to provide the two shutouts. For example, does missing your best player give a guy like Seigo or Rix an incentive to step up the way they did? Does playing inside the Joe? Anyway, I'm glad we did it without him even though (/because) Michigan is still using "missing our top guy" as an excuse.
    Michigan is using it as an excuse, so what we need to do is say back, "We were missing our top guy too and all we did was win the GLI in back to back 4-0 shutouts "
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
      This is just the first step (a major one) for the future success of your program. The Huskies will be nWCHA favorites in my eyes next year.

Congratulations MTU!!

Congratulations MTU on such a dominating weekend.

I agree with NMUFAN, TECH look to be the favorite going into next season.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Congrats MTU - hope this is a turning point in your program.
        - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
        Go you Green and White
        Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight with all your might!
        Rah! Rah! Rah!
        We are here to cheer you
        We are out to win your fame,
        So, Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Congratulations Tech fans!

I enjoyed seeing history at the Joe!
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Well, finally finished watching the whole DVR after gettin home from packers vs Vikings what a game, what a win...that was awesome! So happy that BS call on the disallowed goal didn't stop the huskies from rolling. go Tech!
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Congrats to Tech and especially Copley. Going 70 for 70 on a weekend is ridiculous.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                Congrats to Tech and especially Copley. Going 70 for 70 on a weekend is ridiculous.
                This.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That's gotta feel pretty **** nice.

This is the kind of weekend that can really propel a team toward a strong finish.
                  Here is one Minnesota fan hoping it does so for Tech, and that I get to see them in St. Paul again this March.

Comment

Heckuva job, Tech.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

In addition to Copley's stellar weekend, this game was all about bit players stepping up. Aaron Pietila with his first assist and first goal of the season, granted the goal was #4 and we were basically rubbing it in at that point, but he roofed a beauty of a cross-crease pass from Holmberg. Speaking of Daniel Holmberg - 8 GP, one point all year until this evening, and tonight he had two great assists. Mikael Lickteig picks up his first point of the season, assisting on Rix's game-winning goal, which despite being #6, was his first in awhile. Hope Lickteig is OK, but it looked real bad; Stewart should be sitting a whole weekend for that cheap shot.

Also, there's no way David Johnstone's goal should've been called back, but such is life with CCHA refs. Even though it's bound to happen due to geography, I hope the nWCHA doesn't hire any of these turds.

Comment

I've been watching tech for nearly 30 years... Absolutely amazing to finally see a GLI win. And the way they did it was ridiculous. No goals against.

Thank you Mel, thank you.
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Congrats Huskies!!!
                          "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
                          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Pinch me! I'm either dreaming or I've died and gone to heaven. Back-to-back shutouts?!?!
                            ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!!!
                            "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                            Abe Lincoln

Comment

Congratulations Tech! Well Done!!!
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Way to go Huskies. Great weekend of hockey. Keep it going in the second half.

Comment

Working...
                                X