Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    I always think the Huskies are going to win. seriously, we could play NHL all stars and I'd be thinking sweep. but today ... no way.

Tech gets beaten, humiliated and chased off the rink screaming and giggling like girls. Damon Whitten pulls a Dorien Grey and becomes old and ugly instead of dashingly handsome. Steve Shield's amnesia finally gets treated and he realizes he never played in the NHL. actually he's never even played hockey and doesn't even know what a goalie is. Muckalt sits quietly on the bench, knitting, while Michigan dumps in goal after goal after goal, after goal. and that is just the first period. tMel Pearson is nowhere to be seen. when the second period starts Mel is finally seen on the bench. Michigan's bench. standing next to Red. asked about it in a postgame interview he says "no question. you didn't really think I'd really leave Michigan for Tech?" MeanEGirl is seen cheering for Michigan State. Shirtless and Big Blue stayed home to watch replays of WNBA games. MS gives up flying for an opening as a Detroit bus driver. the Pep Band becomes a string quartet. Johnson Jersyes entire collection is donated to Goodwill. Twitch retires from engineering to do social work. Melmac divorces HuskyNation siting irreconcilable arrogance. huskyfan is last seen sitting on a curb on Duval Street, blanket over her head, muttering, "it's all Gwozdecky's fault".

slaughter those chickens, hitch up your lucky underwear, reverse that juju and LET' S PLAY HOCKEY!!!
    I think you may have a system here....
    Huskeeeeez

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Last night's game shows what Tech can do when they connect the dots. I don't think UMich was playing to their full potential, but it just seemed like Tech had the right combination of goaltending, guys that can bury the puck, goaltending, a half-decent defense when needed, and goaltending. If this is what we can expect from freshmen like Coley, Petan, and Khaira! we might be in for some fun the next couple of years.

Playing with the lead is always better.
      Huskeeeeez

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

in todays no name matchup news :

in an generous move, Billy Muckalt invites the entire Bronco team for lunch. he feeds them the super secret formula that was tested on Alex Petan this week. Western, despite wearing diapers and pulling IV bottles behind them are able to score 7 goals in the first period. during the second period the refs discover Tanner Kero's appendix was removed, but doctors left a scalpel inside, sharp side pointing out. after repeated slashing calls, he is ejected from the game. Refs force Tech to finish the game naked. MeanEgirl is removed from the building for repeatedly screaming "put it in already". this distracts the be-diapered Broncos and they fail to score in the second period. during the third period, NCAA officials suspend play, suspecting Jujhar Khaira of being an Indian. Bruce Macleod protests vehemently via Twitter, but the ruling stands. The NCAA insists all programs be confiscated, JJ's name and picture removed. Tech is forced to forfeit the game. Western is award the GLI championship. laughing, they throw the trophy down and skate off the ice. the coach later tells the press "this means nothing to us, we are members of a Super Conference of all Elite winners and are beyond caring about stupid regional games and trophies." huskyfan weeps.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post

in an generous move, Billy Muckalt invites the entire Bronco team for lunch. he feeds them the super secret formula that was tested on Alex Petan this week. Western, despite wearing diapers and pulling IV bottles behind them are able to score 7 goals in the first period. during the second period the refs discover Tanner Kero's appendix was removed, but doctors left a scalpel inside, sharp side pointing out. after repeated slashing calls, he is ejected from the game. Refs force Tech to finish the game naked. MeanEgirl is removed from the building for repeatedly screaming "put it in already". this distracts the be-diapered Broncos and they fail to score in the second period. during the third period, NCAA officials suspend play, suspecting Jujhar Khaira of being an Indian. Bruce Macleod protests vehemently via Twitter, but the ruling stands. The NCAA insists all programs be confiscated, JJ's name and picture removed. Tech is forced to forfeit the game. Western is award the GLI championship. laughing, they throw the trophy down and skate off the ice. the coach later tells the press "this means nothing to us, we are members of a Super Conference of all Elite winners and are beyond caring about stupid regional games and trophies." huskyfan weeps.
          Thanks !! . . . and remove that juju (or was that jj?)

Comment

its easy to mix up JJ and juju. as easy as mixing up tMel Pearson and the masters of the universe.
            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Congrats Michigan Tech! So happy for you guys you made the U.P proud!
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Congratulations to Michigan Tech on a great performance in the GLI. Copley had a great weekend, and hopefully Tech can use this weekend as a springboard going into the second half. Again, congrats on ending a far too long drought at the GLI.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

This is just the first step (a major one) for the future success of your program. The Huskies will be nWCHA favorites in my eyes next year.

Congratulations MTU!!

Comment

What a weekend for the Huskies!
                    Huskeeeeez

Comment

what everybody said. I'm crying like a baby! what a great bunch of guys!! what great coaches!
                      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                        Tech will be in town tomorrow to practice.
                        This is the year to win this thing.
                        Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                        Lucy was not invited this year.
                        Mel will have them ready to go. The start has been under expectations- a good run this weekend can get it going and have the team play to expectation in the 2nd half.
                        Tech- The fans want to celebrate a title go out and win.
                        I'd like to publicly apologize for the scoffing I did on the inside when I read these posts. I had no faith that it was possible. Well done Huskiefan906.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

are we ready?

GROUP HUG!!
                          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Why Western? Indeed......

Copley was astounding this weekend. When he's hot, he's amazing.

Too bad Blake couldn't be here for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post

huskyfan did indeed weep! tears of joy.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                                Too bad Blake couldn't be here for this.
                                I don't know. I heard someone else wishing it had been outside but I think all these things came together to provide the two shutouts. For example, does missing your best player give a guy like Seigo or Rix an incentive to step up the way they did? Does playing inside the Joe? Anyway, I'm glad we did it without him even though (/because) Michigan is still using "missing our top guy" as an excuse.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X