Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

I had no problem with the tune in radio app Thursday night.
    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
      If you try using the TuneIn radio app, I believe all you get is music unless pasty.net now has an app...
      Yeah, i have no probably using pasty.net to listen. I was curious about the new video service.
      Last edited by stuckinwi; 10-13-2012, 01:44 PM.
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Good win tonight 8-4! Need to work on defense though, especially with Gophs coming to town

Mel's postgame interview:
        Good to see Offense, fortunate the goals went in
        Guys came ready to play, came out with energy
        Guys played harder without the puck, need that every night, need to win 1 on 1 battles
        Gordic good goal, Kero was skating well, made some nice plays
        Been working on transition play after turnover, took advantage of some miscues and shot to score
        Rix's goal was key to the game, beat him 5 hole, huge goal
        Tell you a lot that team could answer goal/need a good push back
        Did a real good job except first 6 mins of 3rd period
        Told assistant coaches, should feel better when win 8-4, back of Mel's mind MN is coming to town next weekend
        Winning is important, but it's how you play, need to play the same every night against all team, need to get to that point
        Great crowd tonight, good to see '62 team back, had a presentation in locker room today, each Tech player presented the alum with a jersey
        We have a big challenge ahead of us next weekend, it'll be a heck of a series,
        Kevin did a good job, would like a copule back, but made critical save at key times, goalie is an ongoing battle, really liking our goaltending, 3 guys can play
        Coaches talked about getting Jamie in during last 8 mins, but Jamie just has to be patient, he'll be fine, good to have depth
        Thanks to Steve Coates for coming from Philly and being on the air

Comment

Holy offense Batman! Goaltending still in question, with a couple Genoe would like back - especially that one where he screwed up trying to play the puck. You aren't Brodeur or Turco, dude. Sova struggled, with a couple bad penalties and some shaky defensive play. Otherwise, a nice night to pad some stats going into the rest of the year.

Repeating the obvious, but if the NHL is locked out for the entire season in a few weeks, Tech should try to get Coates to do a few more guest color spots. He was great.

Comment

Tech won't need defense next weekend if they are going to score 8 each night.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Players with two or more points after this weekend:

Milos Gordic 2-2-4
              Tanner Kero 1-3-4
              Blake Pietila 2-1-3
              Dennis Rix 2-0-2
              Daniel Sova 1-1-2
              Jacob Johnstone 0-2-2
              David Johnstone 0-2-2

Comment

O hai guyz
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Coates was one of those guys that po'ed everyone on the other team. He carried his elbows at eye level and added a ton of energy. he hit anything that moved when he went into the game. MacInnes would yell at him to leave guys alone because he would line people up from across the ice.

I don't ever remember seeing him score but he was a buzz saw when he was in there. His commentary was terrific and you can see why he has lasted so long with Philly.

BTW anyone coming to Houghton from the east coast, you are better off not going thru chicago. Fly to Marquette and drive up. its safer.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Yikes, last night's highlights video is bad and the athletic department should feel bad. No sense letting us see the plays develop before they score...

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                      Good win tonight 8-4! Need to work on defense though, especially with Gophs coming to town

Mel's postgame interview:
                      Good to see Offense, fortunate the goals went in
                      Guys came ready to play, came out with energy
                      Guys played harder without the puck, need that every night, need to win 1 on 1 battles
                      Gordic good goal, Kero was skating well, made some nice plays
                      Been working on transition play after turnover, took advantage of some miscues and shot to score
                      Rix's goal was key to the game, beat him 5 hole, huge goal
                      Tell you a lot that team could answer goal/need a good push back
                      Did a real good job except first 6 mins of 3rd period
                      Told assistant coaches, should feel better when win 8-4, back of Mel's mind MN is coming to town next weekend
                      Winning is important, but it's how you play, need to play the same every night against all team, need to get to that point
                      Great crowd tonight, good to see '62 team back, had a presentation in locker room today, each Tech player presented the alum with a jersey
                      We have a big challenge ahead of us next weekend, it'll be a heck of a series,
                      Kevin did a good job, would like a copule back, but made critical save at key times, goalie is an ongoing battle, really liking our goaltending, 3 guys can play
                      Coaches talked about getting Jamie in during last 8 mins, but Jamie just has to be patient, he'll be fine, good to have depth
                      Thanks to Steve Coates for coming from Philly and being on the air
                      So we're both the other goalies on the bench or was it just Phillips? Did the coaches say why Copley didn't get the start? Is Phillips now clearly the third tender? Did it look like Kevin has improved his game?

Comment

Originally posted by Freezing In The Stands View Post
                        So we're both the other goalies on the bench or was it just Phillips? Did the coaches say why Copley didn't get the start? Is Phillips now clearly the third tender? Did it look like Kevin has improved his game?
                        Both. No. No. Eh...

Comment

The video feed last night was the same as last weekend. But the ice was not as white, so I don't think they changed cameras. Also there was a lot of "interference or pix-elating" in the third period as well as the sound quality was really bad.

I don't remember what year it was but for the Saturday Carnival game "The Institution" purchased satellite time and had alumni gatherings at over 40 sites areound the country at sports bars/establishments.

Comment

Tech Hockey Guide is looking for somebody to help compile the weekly Linkorama. SG has put together a template as well as Google News feeds for tracking players. It's something that can be spread out over multiple days of work as junior leagues normally only play during the weekend. Please contact us through the form on the about us page if you're interested.

Thanks!
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Loved the explosive scoring last night...and the packed house...would have been 9-2 were it not for a few unfortunate penalties. Hard to imagine that this team lost on Thursday.
                              I've been very impressed with Petan and Eick. Those guys are a lot of fun to watch. I think this team will be very potent offensively if they can get good goaltending, win faceoffs, play a two-way game and stay out of the box. This has got to be the deepest offensive team Tech has had since the MacInnes era. BPietila, Gordic, Johnstones, Furne, Kero, Khaira, Petan, Gould, Seigo. However, Thursday proves that having a lot of talented scorers and playmakers isn't the only ingredient for a winning team. MN is going to be a real test.

Comment

Who missed me?
                                Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                                *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Working...
                                X