Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Halftime! US 6 - Ger 0. Blake now has 2 assists.

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Yes, the brackets are individual sections, one goes with each arm rest. The only thing connecting the chairs is the back and seat, just like at the rink.
      Ryan J
      Anyway we could get a single bracket? Without the chair? MEg already has one.
      Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      *****http://assets4.bigthink.com/system/idea_thumbnails/40224/original/url.jpg?1316183314******
      Will you be at GLI?
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Will you be at GLI?
        I wouldn't miss my annual chance to watch mediocre hockey, yell at pansy CCHA refs, and drink $9 Molsons for anything.

Comment

Lucy was not invited this year.
          Mel will have them ready to go. The start has been under expectations- a good run this weekend can get it going and have the team play to expectation in the 2nd half.
          Tech- The fans want to celebrate a title go out and win.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I wouldn't miss my annual chance to watch mediocre hockey, yell at pansy CCHA refs, and drink $9 Molsons for anything.
            Don't forget the 15 dollar Hot and Readys!
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Anyway we could get a single bracket? Without the chair? MEg already has one. Will you be at GLI?
              Yes, I do have some extra brackets I could sell. They would be $20 plus shipping. Sorry I won't be at GLI. I had plans to go, but when it went indoors I cancelled them.
              Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
              Do you have seats numbered 1 and 2?
              Yes, I do. As of this posting I have: 1,2,3,4,5,6,6 (two #6)

Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Yes, I do have some extra brackets I could sell. They would be $20 plus shipping. Sorry I won't be at GLI. I had plans to go, but when it went indoors I cancelled them.

Ryan J
                biddy if you want to put together an order a brackets let me know!
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Ryan J
                  I'm guessing we will order at sometime.
                  Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  biddy if you want to put together an order a brackets let me know!
                  Will do.
                  Last edited by Biddco; 12-27-2012, 03:17 PM.
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

I'll take seats 1 and 2. And an extra set of brackets for my folks. I'm in appleton, when would you need them picked up by?
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                      I'll take seats 1 and 2. And an extra set of brackets for my folks. I'm in appleton, when would you need them picked up by?
                      Ok, do you need extra brackets for one seat ($20 / 2 brackets) or a pair of seats ($30 / 3 brackets)?

I'm heading to the Twin Cities tomorrow morning and will be back Sunday evening. Then I should be home through the next Sunday. After that I have no idea when I would be back next. My wife will still be at our place in Wausau, but trying to arrange a pick-up time with her is sketchy because she's in the airline industry. I would hate to have you drive to Wausau only to find out she got called into work. Long story short, if you could get them before next Sunday that would be best, but if that isn't possible I'm sure we can work something out.

Ryan J
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Game Day...So which Huskies will show up? The ones I saw against Minn back in October who could break out of their own zone, attack as a 5 man unit, make crisp passes and score some goals. OR the ones I've been listening to on the radio the past two months who can't get out of their zone, can't score, and seem to work extra hard at finding new ways to lose?
                        All one can do is keep fingers crossed and pray: GO HUSKIES!

Oh!, and no coverage of the GLI in today's Detroit Free Press (with no competition from the NHL, HS girls basketball got more coverage). Someone please tell me again how college hockey is NOT a niche sport and how is has bazillions of followers and will just kill in the TV ratings in the years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                          Game Day...So which Huskies will show up? The ones I saw against Minn back in October who could break out of their own zone, attack as a 5 man unit, make crisp passes and score some goals. OR the ones I've been listening to on the radio the past two months who can't get out of their zone, can't score, and seem to work extra hard at finding new ways to lose?
                          All one can do is keep fingers crossed and pray: GO HUSKIES!

Oh!, and no coverage of the GLI in today's Detroit Free Press (with no competition from the NHL, HS girls basketball got more coverage). Someone please tell me again how college hockey is NOT a niche sport and how is has bazillions of followers and will just kill in the TV ratings in the years to come.
                          Let's hope the team finds it's mo jo and finds ways to attack as a unit. I was thinking about what you said and I totally agree, we have so much trouble coming out that the team is discombobulated once the puck crosses our blue line and we get no coordinated attack.

And the coverage is sad indeed.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

[QUOTE=TOh!, and no coverage of the GLI in today's Detroit Free Press (with no competition from the NHL, HS girls basketball got more coverage). Someone please tell me again how college hockey is NOT a niche sport and how is has bazillions of followers and will just kill in the TV ratings in the years to come.[/QUOTE]

You do realize this is the Free Press which can barely write articles at a 6th grade level. Hockeytown claims ONLY and I mean ONLY apply to the Red Wings. For the most part the rest of the region is clueless about hockey in general.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012122...s-GLI-favorite
                            Last edited by giwan; 12-29-2012, 10:14 AM. Reason: missed the copy

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Let's hope the team finds it's mo jo and finds ways to attack as a unit. I was thinking about what you said and I totally agree, we have so much trouble coming out that the team is discombobulated once the puck crosses our blue line and we get no coordinated attack.

And the coverage is sad indeed.
                              You are right, the more they run around in their own zone, the more "discombobulated" they become, and the offense becomes poke & hope one man rushes and dump ins. It starts with how cleanly they can get out of their own zone.

And to giwan.... I don't disagree with anything you said.

Comment

I always think the Huskies are going to win. seriously, we could play NHL all stars and I'd be thinking sweep. but today ... no way.

Tech gets beaten, humiliated and chased off the rink screaming and giggling like girls. Damon Whitten pulls a Dorien Grey and becomes old and ugly instead of dashingly handsome. Steve Shield's amnesia finally gets treated and he realizes he never played in the NHL. actually he's never even played hockey and doesn't even know what a goalie is. Muckalt sits quietly on the bench, knitting, while Michigan dumps in goal after goal after goal, after goal. and that is just the first period. tMel Pearson is nowhere to be seen. when the second period starts Mel is finally seen on the bench. Michigan's bench. standing next to Red. asked about it in a postgame interview he says "no question. you didn't really think I'd really leave Michigan for Tech?" MeanEGirl is seen cheering for Michigan State. Shirtless and Big Blue stayed home to watch replays of WNBA games. MS gives up flying for an opening as a Detroit bus driver. the Pep Band becomes a string quartet. Johnson Jersyes entire collection is donated to Goodwill. Twitch retires from engineering to do social work. Melmac divorces HuskyNation siting irreconcilable arrogance. huskyfan is last seen sitting on a curb on Duval Street, blanket over her head, muttering, "it's all Gwozdecky's fault".

slaughter those chickens, hitch up your lucky underwear, reverse that juju and LET' S PLAY HOCKEY!!!
                                Last edited by huskyfan; 12-29-2012, 02:03 PM.
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X