Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

The game is on TV! In Minnesota!
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

What is this "inadvertent CTH" penalty? Is this new?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        What is this "inadvertent CTH" penalty? Is this new?
        Was Don Adam the ref?
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Was Don Adam the ref?
          Johnathan Morrison and Butch Mousseaux

Comment

Johnathan Morrison and Butch Mousseaux
            Whooooosh?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Whooooosh?
              No, I got the joke.

Comment

That was a new one on me too. Coach pretty upbeat in the interview afterward. Is blake Pietila going to be in Houghton next week or is he going to be gone with the us nationals?
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I'd like to see a replay of OT... Khaira really needs to reign in the temper.... ****ed good on the puck, but wow. Head games destroy him
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

No, I got the joke.
                    Ok, I thought you would, but I wasn't sure when I saw your response.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                      I'd like to see a replay of OT... Khaira really needs to reign in the temper.... ****ed good on the puck, but wow. Head games destroy him
                      In addition to being the youngest guy on the team, he's probably not yet used to the way NCAA refs call the game. I think Canadian Jr. leagues probably let a lot more stuff go. He didn't rack up a ton of PIMs in the BCHL, but for a skill player, he did have his share.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        In addition to being the youngest guy on the team, he's probably not yet used to the way NCAA refs call the game. I think Canadian Jr. leagues probably let a lot more stuff go. He didn't rack up a ton of PIMs in the BCHL, but for a skill player, he did have his share.
                        It's not about how the game is called differently. It's. the slamming of the stick on the boards as he's sent to the locker room at the final whistle because he can't stop being chippy at the end of OT. It's the mugging last night that cost us the game. The guys has puck skills, just needs to get te mental game under control
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

He didn't get sent to the locker room, he just left the rink. He definitely needed to work on his mental game.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Very gifted player, but he is definitely a hot head. Hopefully he adjusts and figures it out. He could be something special.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              He didn't get sent to the locker room, he just left the rink. He definitely needed to work on his mental game.
                              One of the refs pointed to the locker room after they broke them up

Comment

Per Dan Sova's Twitter, he is having surgery at the Mayo Clinic tomorrow morning, I assume for his wrist.

Comment

Working...
                                X