Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
    Good to hear that Dave Danis is still calling the regular games. I played Junior hockey with him in Houghton when I was a kid....and he was a Husky fan back then.
    Goes to show that wisdom does not always come with age.
    "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Has anyone seen what goalies traveled this weekend?

I have a bad feeling about this weekend, two teams heading in different directions.

Stephen Anderson's preview article:
      http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co....html?nav=5009

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        I've had no problem with the feed this year, except for audio. It scales fine to my HD tv.
        A few things I'd like to see from the hockey broadcasts on Huskies Live:

- Increase their streaming bit-rate to match the resolution of this week's NMU broadcast
        - Monitor the audio quality and correct it when it has issues
        - Stream video of the between period interviews and post-game show

For $12 a game, they should at least do the above. That's a few bucks more than I've paid for any other college team's internet broadcast and ours is one of the most primitive by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
          I have a bad feeling about this weekend, two teams heading in different directions.
          It's a bit surreal hearing the list of freak injuries: emergency appendectomy in Madison (Kero), pulled groin (C Pietila), D Johnstone is out, who else did he say? We're in deep trouble and not just for this month...
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Just listening to Dirk, I think that was the best game Tech has played. the weaknesses were better. Defensively and goaltending were up to par and Tech hit three posts. Khaira made a big mistake and he has to find a way to not do that. he does it every game and it's getting tiresome.

I was worried about the injuries but the subs played pretty well. Holmberg line did not get a lot of time but did a descent job, though compared to last years 4th line this years is not as good.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Khaira made a big mistake and he has to find a way to not do that. he does it every game and it's getting tiresome.
                Not be a true freshman?

Comment

I guess we'll take the point.

Mel's postgame thoughts:
                  Great effort by the team, missing 5 key players, really good players, heck of an effort, very proud
                  Bad penalty, JJ knows it, it's behind their net, unfortunate goal too, not sure how it got loose/in
                  Good goaltending, decent special teams, didn't take advantage of chances
                  JJ got a few pipes, could be frustrated, has to learn to play through it
                  Gould realizing how hard you have to work to play at college, penalties both were kind of ticky/tack with him
                  Defensively good, good at NMU except for 1st peiod too, have to limit turnovers
                  Kevin stood tall
                  We'll tweak a few things tomorrow on our breakout,
                  need goaltending, less penalties tomorrow
                  Big point tonight, not sure how players will react when a guy has surgery, Kero looked good this morning, and then surger, hopefully have him for GLI
                  Genoe looked calm, Shields said he's more relaxed on road instead of at home, made it look easy, a couple sloppy rebounds

Comment

Based on the comments thus far, it sounds like Kero got to surgery in time, in which case a GLI return shouldn't be a problem. Heck, Mel could easily be sandbagging North Dakota. If I recovered in 4 days, a well-conditioned athlete like Kero should have no troubles, outside of taking his nuclear antibiotics.

Genoe being more relaxed on the road is actually not surprising. At this point in his college career, the pressure to perform at home in front of his fellow students must be much greater.

Comment

Has there been a player who has had a rougher two weekends than JJ? I nominate him for LVP of the WCHA
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        Has there been a player who has had a rougher two weekends than JJ? I nominate him for LVP of the WCHA
                        He's great to watch when he has the puck, but that temper.... Needs to go his penalty was moronic tonight
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I'm sure Mel will address it with him, especially after ostensibly costing us the win (though expecting to win 1-0 should never been a given, and the team effort to win should always continue).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I'm sure Mel will address it with him, especially after ostensibly costing us the win (though expecting to win 1-0 should never been a given, and the team effort to win should always continue).
                            Given the sloth-like pace of the game, we'd have pulled out the 1-0 win I suspect. I'm hoping it's a bit quicker tonight.
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

With the injury bug - we need more from
                              Gordic
                              J. Johnstone
                              Furne

These guys should be able to win matchups tonight and help Petan and Pietila set the tone need 2 points badly.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                                He's great to watch when he has the puck, but that temper.... Needs to go his penalty was moronic tonight
                                It could have been a 5 minute major. In that regard, they were lucky it didn't cost us two points.

Comment

Working...
                                X