PDA

View Full Version : '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

LSSULaker889294
10-13-2012, 12:17 AM
I've heard a big crowd will show up at the game Saturday, perhaps over 4,000. Is that true?

Huskiefan906
10-13-2012, 09:55 AM
I would hope there is a big crowd.
LSSU looked like they really rushed the puck in the highlight video. Not bad for a "defensive team"
I expect a more determined defensive effort tonight, and a hard fought split this weekend.

stuckinwi
10-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Anyone try feed from a iPhone last weekend? Going to be wandering aroun San Francisco during the game... Curious if it'll work well, or I'll just have to have to listen to it.

redwing61
10-13-2012, 11:15 AM
I've heard a big crowd will show up at the game Saturday, perhaps over 4,000. Is that true?

I was curious, so I tallied the seats on the tickets website. Here's the breakdown:

Seats: 2901 (9 of those remaining)
Handicap: 24 (10 remaining)
Standing Room – Ice Level: 600 (583 remaining)
Standing Room – Concourse Level: 400 (320 remaining)
Suites: 203 [by deducting previous numbers from 4,128 stated capacity]

So we're at about 3,200 sold so far.

Painted_Bandit
10-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Anyone try feed from a iPhone last weekend? Going to be wandering aroun San Francisco during the game... Curious if it'll work well, or I'll just have to have to listen to it.

If you try using the TuneIn radio app, I believe all you get is music unless pasty.net now has an app...

melmac
10-13-2012, 12:13 PM
I had no problem with the tune in radio app Thursday night.

stuckinwi
10-13-2012, 01:00 PM
If you try using the TuneIn radio app, I believe all you get is music unless pasty.net now has an app...

Yeah, i have no probably using pasty.net to listen. I was curious about the new video service.

mtu_huskies
10-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Good win tonight 8-4! Need to work on defense though, especially with Gophs coming to town

Mel's postgame interview:
Good to see Offense, fortunate the goals went in
Guys came ready to play, came out with energy
Guys played harder without the puck, need that every night, need to win 1 on 1 battles
Gordic good goal, Kero was skating well, made some nice plays
Been working on transition play after turnover, took advantage of some miscues and shot to score
Rix's goal was key to the game, beat him 5 hole, huge goal
Tell you a lot that team could answer goal/need a good push back
Did a real good job except first 6 mins of 3rd period
Told assistant coaches, should feel better when win 8-4, back of Mel's mind MN is coming to town next weekend
Winning is important, but it's how you play, need to play the same every night against all team, need to get to that point
Great crowd tonight, good to see '62 team back, had a presentation in locker room today, each Tech player presented the alum with a jersey
We have a big challenge ahead of us next weekend, it'll be a heck of a series,
Kevin did a good job, would like a copule back, but made critical save at key times, goalie is an ongoing battle, really liking our goaltending, 3 guys can play
Coaches talked about getting Jamie in during last 8 mins, but Jamie just has to be patient, he'll be fine, good to have depth
Thanks to Steve Coates for coming from Philly and being on the air

FadeToBlack&Gold
10-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Holy offense Batman! Goaltending still in question, with a couple Genoe would like back - especially that one where he screwed up trying to play the puck. You aren't Brodeur or Turco, dude. Sova struggled, with a couple bad penalties and some shaky defensive play. Otherwise, a nice night to pad some stats going into the rest of the year.

Repeating the obvious, but if the NHL is locked out for the entire season in a few weeks, Tech should try to get Coates to do a few more guest color spots. He was great.

JF_Gophers
10-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech won't need defense next weekend if they are going to score 8 each night. :eek:

FadeToBlack&Gold
10-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Players with two or more points after this weekend:

Milos Gordic 2-2-4
Tanner Kero 1-3-4
Blake Pietila 2-1-3
Dennis Rix 2-0-2
Daniel Sova 1-1-2
Jacob Johnstone 0-2-2
David Johnstone 0-2-2

The Rube
10-13-2012, 10:40 PM
O hai guyz

manurespreader
10-14-2012, 12:24 AM
Coates was one of those guys that po'ed everyone on the other team. He carried his elbows at eye level and added a ton of energy. he hit anything that moved when he went into the game. MacInnes would yell at him to leave guys alone because he would line people up from across the ice.

I don't ever remember seeing him score but he was a buzz saw when he was in there. His commentary was terrific and you can see why he has lasted so long with Philly.

BTW anyone coming to Houghton from the east coast, you are better off not going thru chicago. Fly to Marquette and drive up. its safer.

redwing61
10-14-2012, 06:45 AM
Yikes, last night's highlights video is bad and the athletic department should feel bad. No sense letting us see the plays develop before they score...

Freezing In The Stands
10-14-2012, 07:03 AM
Good win tonight 8-4! Need to work on defense though, especially with Gophs coming to town

Mel's postgame interview:
Good to see Offense, fortunate the goals went in
Guys came ready to play, came out with energy
Guys played harder without the puck, need that every night, need to win 1 on 1 battles
Gordic good goal, Kero was skating well, made some nice plays
Been working on transition play after turnover, took advantage of some miscues and shot to score
Rix's goal was key to the game, beat him 5 hole, huge goal
Tell you a lot that team could answer goal/need a good push back
Did a real good job except first 6 mins of 3rd period
Told assistant coaches, should feel better when win 8-4, back of Mel's mind MN is coming to town next weekend
Winning is important, but it's how you play, need to play the same every night against all team, need to get to that point
Great crowd tonight, good to see '62 team back, had a presentation in locker room today, each Tech player presented the alum with a jersey
We have a big challenge ahead of us next weekend, it'll be a heck of a series,
Kevin did a good job, would like a copule back, but made critical save at key times, goalie is an ongoing battle, really liking our goaltending, 3 guys can play
Coaches talked about getting Jamie in during last 8 mins, but Jamie just has to be patient, he'll be fine, good to have depth
Thanks to Steve Coates for coming from Philly and being on the air

So we're both the other goalies on the bench or was it just Phillips? Did the coaches say why Copley didn't get the start? Is Phillips now clearly the third tender? Did it look like Kevin has improved his game?

redwing61
10-14-2012, 07:17 AM
So we're both the other goalies on the bench or was it just Phillips? Did the coaches say why Copley didn't get the start? Is Phillips now clearly the third tender? Did it look like Kevin has improved his game?

Both. No. No. Eh...

ColoToot
10-14-2012, 02:37 PM
The video feed last night was the same as last weekend. But the ice was not as white, so I don't think they changed cameras. Also there was a lot of "interference or pix-elating" in the third period as well as the sound quality was really bad.

I don't remember what year it was but for the Saturday Carnival game "The Institution" purchased satellite time and had alumni gatherings at over 40 sites areound the country at sports bars/establishments.

Flashy Man
10-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Hockey Guide is looking for somebody to help compile the weekly Linkorama. SG has put together a template as well as Google News feeds for tracking players. It's something that can be spread out over multiple days of work as junior leagues normally only play during the weekend. Please contact us through the form on the about us page if you're interested.

Thanks!

UpNorthHockey
10-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Loved the explosive scoring last night...and the packed house...would have been 9-2 were it not for a few unfortunate penalties. Hard to imagine that this team lost on Thursday.
I've been very impressed with Petan and Eick. Those guys are a lot of fun to watch. I think this team will be very potent offensively if they can get good goaltending, win faceoffs, play a two-way game and stay out of the box. This has got to be the deepest offensive team Tech has had since the MacInnes era. BPietila, Gordic, Johnstones, Furne, Kero, Khaira, Petan, Gould, Seigo. However, Thursday proves that having a lot of talented scorers and playmakers isn't the only ingredient for a winning team. MN is going to be a real test.

The Darkness
10-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Who missed me?