Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

People keep blaming this on the refs, how about the fact that we dug ourselves a 4-0 hole in the first 9 minutes of the game. We can't do anything about the refs but we can so something about coming out and playing like a limp noodle, I still put more blame on the way we started the game than on the refs for this loss.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      goaltending. never saw that problem coming.
      Also defense, those 2 are the key right now.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
        People keep blaming this on the refs, how about the fact that we dug ourselves a 4-0 hole in the first 9 minutes of the game.
        "That's what's great about sports...this is what the greatest thing about sports is...you play to win the game........Hello?!...You Play. To Win. The Game...you don't play to just play it!...that's the great thing about sports!"

Their lack of games last weekend compared to Duluth, and lack of intensity, showed. In brutal fashion.

Comment

It's becoming increasingly clear that after last year's overachievement, we've put expectations for this year's team too high.

Comment

Watching the game tonight holmberg was fair. I thought Gordic was not that great, and the third defensive pairing was not very good either.

Our top guys need to stay out of the box and we need to be better on special teams. Duluth had a lot more movement than we did. Late in the game we were better. We were unable to roll four lines because we were in the box so much.

Big game tuesday!
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I only got home in time for OT, rought weekend to only get 1 point

Mel's postgame thoughts:
              There's a good tie and not a good tie, this is classified as a good tie
              Down 4-2 a lot of teams pack it in, they showed their resiliency these last two night
              It's tough on the coach, Mel's aging quickly
              Our PK was our achiles heal
              On our penalties: we have depth but didn't get to is it due to special teams
              Have to cut down on neutral zone penalties
              We sat Eick and Pietila tonight who kill penalties, we missed it, but have to put others in those situations
              Genoe made some good saves in 2nd when things could've gotten out of hand, he battled, we need to give him more help
              Seigo goal, huge goal, drew up play, and it went mostly to plan, nice wrist shot
              Ref didn't realize we pulled the goalie and blew the play dead with skaters on the ice, ref apologized after the game
              1-4 on PP, we had good chances, had good movement and control, need to continue to work on
              Quick turnaround against NMU, tryign to get a lot of people involved with upcoming games

Comment

We have to beat NMU going into next weekend's roadtrip to Madison. Northern's coming back from a tough weekend in Kalamazoo on short notice.

Comment

Evan Anderson has been tearing it up since he was traded from Penticton (where he had 3 assists in 18 games) to Salmon Arm. He has 6 goals and 6 assists in 10 games since joining the Silverbacks...including an overtime goal last night against Penticton, naturally. It will be interesting to see whether he can maintain this scoring pace the rest of the season.

Comment

Will Phillips start at NMU. Mel said we are going there to play to win.
                    I expect to see Lickteig on the big sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      It's becoming increasingly clear that after last year's overachievement, we've put expectations for this year's team too high.
                      Very true. Also shows what a big role Robinson, Olson and Baker played. However, we played a tough early stretch and we still have a lot of potential. We've seen that Copley can play a great game and if the Juniors start scoring like they did last year, we could still pull out a season similar to last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                        Will Phillips start at NMU. Mel said we are going there to play to win.
                        I expect to see Lickteig on the big sheet.
                        i sure hope you're going there to win Mel. last year Northern kicked Tech's *** all over the rink. beat them to every loose puck and physicially dominated Tech.
                        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

I doubt that we will get kicked all over the rink like last year. More likely it will be a very close game with lots of penalties. I do agree though, a number of line up changes.
                          I really didn't like the way duluth played this week and I hope we get into a different type of game than that. I guess we'll see.

I also thought Sandelin was really not interested in that interview saturday night. Wasn't the classiest thing in the world. I'd be really po'ed if I was the writers in that one.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            I doubt that we will get kicked all over the rink like last year. More likely it will be a very close game with lots of penalties. I do agree though, a number of line up changes.
                            I really didn't like the way duluth played this week and I hope we get into a different type of game than that. I guess we'll see.

I also thought Sandelin was really not interested in that interview saturday night. Wasn't the classiest thing in the world. I'd be really po'ed if I was the writers in that one.
                            what kind of game did you not like UMD playing? What about Sandy?
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              UMD may have been heading right back to Duluth after the Saturday game. If so, I can't blame the guy too much for trying to cut any postgame chats short, especially when his team blew a lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                UMD may have been heading right back to Duluth after the Saturday game. If so, I can't blame the guy too much for trying to cut any postgame chats short, especially when his team blew a lead.
                                They did head home after the game. As almost all teams do.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X