Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

big thank you, as always, for posting the Mel show - always appreciated!!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Some recent links for Tech hockey recruits

Hockey Signs Eight to National Letters of Intent
      http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20121128mn2n70

Metro area players to watch - includes Travis Brown and Jake Jackson
      http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_arti...rrer_id=354141

Mr. Hockey Contenders - list includes Jake Jackson
      http://mnhockeyprospects.com/2012/11...ey-contenders/

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
        Metro area players to watch - includes Travis Brown and Jake Jackson
        http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_arti...rrer_id=354141
        Who is Travis Brown? I've not heard his name before as a verbal commit and he's not on the grid?
        Anyone have info on him?

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
          Who is Travis Brown? I've not heard his name before as a verbal commit and he's not on the grid?
          Anyone have info on him?
          He's a defenseman...he's on the defenseman tab of the grid.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

He's hopefully Maple Grove's or Elk River's newest transfer student....fingers crossed

and I don't see him on the d-men tab either, I also don't see Auk...
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I see Heisenberg doesn't list Travis Brown as a Tech recuit either.

Meant to post this as well:
              Quick Q&A: Jake Jackson, Tartan Hockey
              http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/193791

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                I see Heisenberg doesn't list Travis Brown as a Tech recuit either.

Meant to post this as well:
                Quick Q&A: Jake Jackson, Tartan Hockey
                http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/193791
                Travis Brown is verbally committed to Michigan Tech for probably 2015-16
                Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 11-28-2012, 02:34 PM.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  He's hopefully Maple Grove's or Elk River's newest transfer student....fingers crossed

and I don't see him on the d-men tab either, I also don't see Auk...
                  Why would he transfer now and sit out a year? Probably better to play for Rogers than sit out a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Travis Brown is verbally committed to Michigan Tech for 2015-16
                    Travis Brown
                    6'1 175
                    Born 5/6/96
                    D - shoots right
                    Ranked 11th among HS Juniors in MN in 2012
                    Committed to MTU on 10/31 for 2014
                    6G-17A-23P-28GP in 2011/12
                    6th leading scorer for Rogers HS Royals
                    Leading D scorer
                    All MS 8 conf honors 2011/12

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Travis Brown is verbally committed to Michigan Tech for probably 2015-16
                      Yeah, wasn't tryign to say he wasn't committed, just that Heisenberg didn't have him listed for soem reason. I think Brown tweeted it out himself that he had committed.

College Hockey News Article on Tech
                      http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...g_time_off.php

Comment

finally some hockey tonight! dont forget Blue Line Luncheon at the Continental Club at noon today.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

goaltending. never saw that problem coming.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

This season is starting to become a
                            2005-2006: 7-25-6
                            2006-2007: 18-17-5
                            2007-2008: 14-20-5
                            2008-2009: 6-25-7
                            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

I quit listening to it. No point in wasting more time when the refs call that ****ty of a game. And from the texts I was getting from people at the game, it was blatantly obvious how terrible it was called.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Ugly game

John Buccigross (@Buccigross) tweeted: "Cast off for Michigan Tech Defenseman Daniel Sova. Could be back next weekend at Wisconsin, North Dakota weekend for sure. #cawlidgehawkey"

Mel's postgame thoughts - it took him a long time make it up to the booth to talk to Dirk:
                                We dug ourselves a huge hole, Mel was concerned about that going into it, but that wasn't the real problem
                                Kevin should've had the 1st, UMD good play on 2nd, 3rd goal, just can't have that
                                Really hard to outscore mistakes
                                Give kids tons of credit, battle back 4-3 and couple chances on a PP to tie the game
                                We dominated the 2nd period, got it to 4-2 starting to look our way
                                Overall a lot of good thigns, need to learn from mistakes, need better goaltending
                                When it was 4-3, have to kill penalty, we killed 1 in 3rd, but kept giving them opportunities
                                They're the most penalized team
                                Concerned with how they called the game, made some delayed calls reacting to UMD bench etc, need to be certain on calls they do make
                                Really disapointed, so much effort climbing back, but let it slip away
                                We'll get off to a better start tomorrow, can't give up the easy soft goals, have to win the 3rd period, can't give up 3 goals in 3rd
                                Petan had a few great chances, couldn't get it tonight, that's how it goes
                                Blake Hietila - played well, handled puck well, patience with the puck
                                Need better defensive coverage, goaltending, there are areas of improvement

Comment

Working...
                                X