Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Pretty excited about my latest addition and wanted to share so here goes...

Recently added this to our historical collection and I am pleased to share it here so that all fans of the Huskies may enjoy it. It is a ring from the 1964-65 national championship team. More than a decade went into tracking this down and trying to obtain it, but it was worth the effort to preserve this great piece of Michigan Tech Hockey history. (There was also a plaque originally with the ring, but the search goes on for that item.)
    Go Tech! Go Huskies!
    Ryan J

Click on the image to view the full sized version in a new window.
    That is awesome.!!!

I'm hopeful about this weekend, but not super confident. I assume a ton of Duluth fans will show up and the rink will be full. I'm sure they are anxious to get back at it.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      That is awesome.!!!

I'm hopeful about this weekend, but not super confident. I assume a ton of Duluth fans will show up and the rink will be full. I'm sure they are anxious to get back at it.
      UMD has a fan bus going. You should be confident. We cannot score.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        You should be confident. We cannot score.
        Rivers don't rise until the spring. No need to sandbag now...
        ... Unless you're in Grand Forks. I don't know why they even take them down.

Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Rivers don't rise until the spring. No need to sandbag now...
          ... Unless you're in Grand Forks. I don't know why they even take them down.

Ryan J
          Well we are 1-6-2 in our last nine...
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Well we are 1-6-2 in our last nine...
            That's usually when Tech would tradationally beat the #1 ranked team in the country.
            Beware of sleeping (Bull)dogs.
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              That's usually when Tech would tradationally beat the #1 ranked team in the country.
              Beware of sleeping (Bull)dogs.
              Ryan J
              To my knowledge UMD doesn't do that sort of thing.
              tUMD Hockey

Comment

To my knowledge UMD doesn't do that sort of thing.
                Luckily for you, tech is far from being the #1 team in the country.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                  Does anyone know if Reid Sturos has signed a LOI?

I wouldn't sign either if they rescinded my offer.
                  "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Yeah, it's likely Sturos is not coming to Tech at this point. They've recruited so many of "their" forwards that I don't see room for a Russell recruit who took three years to crack the lineup in a Tier I Jr. league. Most likely he's been told that he can come, but would have to walk-on and earn the scholarship money Russell promised him. So he's holding out for another offer now.

Classic "over-recruiting" scenario that happens quite often in college sports during a new coach's first couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Yeah, it's likely Sturos is not coming to Tech at this point. They've recruited so many of "their" forwards that I don't see room for a Russell recruit who took three years to crack the lineup in a Tier I Jr. league. Most likely he's been told that he can come, but would have to walk-on and earn the scholarship money Russell promised him. So he's holding out for another offer now.

Classic "over-recruiting" scenario that happens quite often in college sports during a new coach's first couple of years.
                      He'll be Atlantic Hockey bound.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I hope someone else gives him a look. he's paid his dues. had a really good year last year and has started this year at point per game, leading the team in SHG and game winning goals. he's big with good speed (recently listed as one of the fastest skaters in the BCHL)
                        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

It's pretty awesome to come out of class at the SDC at noon and see a huge line of students waiting to get their hockey tickets. Pack the MAC

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                            I hope someone else gives him a look. he's paid his dues. had a really good year last year and has started this year at point per game, leading the team in SHG and game winning goals. he's big with good speed (recently listed as one of the fastest skaters in the BCHL)
                            Watch him land at Northern for the lulz.

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                              Sturos did have a slow start, but at 20 years old, he's almost a point per game player in the BCHL. Frankly, he's only got to be better than Patrick Anderson to make the team, and at least on paper, it looks like he is. He's also part of a small incoming class of forwards. I'd be surprised if Mel isn't making at least some effort to keep him in the pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                                Sturos did have a slow start, but at 20 years old, he's almost a point per game player in the BCHL. Frankly, he's only got to be better than Patrick Anderson to make the team, and at least on paper, it looks like he is. He's also part of a small incoming class of forwards. I'd be surprised if Mel isn't making at least some effort to keep him in the pipeline.
                                Patrick Anderson has an uphill battle to remain on the team very long. Anderson was given a shot because Reddick didn't get an extra year and Max Vallis couldn't play this season. I still expect Vallis to be on the team next season. I certainly hope Sturos will get a spot on the Huskies and ultimately I think it's more likely he does, than he doesn't. If he had a decent offer, I would have thought he'd have committed elsewhere already. Who knows though. I think there is a place for him and it probably comes down to what they can agree on and whether or not the Huskies can find a Petan/Gould type player late in the process. I do think there is room for Sturos right now but I assume the hesitation in the early signing period is just to see how things play out.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X