PDA

View Full Version : '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

mtu_huskies
12-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know what happned to Joel L'Esperance?

Joel's twitter - Long day today 9 hours in the hospital and surgery went good. Long recovery to come #painmeds #cantwaittogetbackontheice

JohnsonsJerseys
12-12-2012, 04:01 PM
If anyone has an interest, I have more than a decade worth of Michigan Tech Magazine / Michigan Tech Alumnus. More than 40 issues in total. You can have the whole pile for $15 shipped within the US - just about enough to cover the postage. They will be available for one week, then off to the recycler.

Ryan J

rustedblades
12-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Does anyone know what happned to Joel L'Esperance?

Joel's twitter - Long day today 9 hours in the hospital and surgery went good. Long recovery to come #painmeds #cantwaittogetbackontheice

He's on Tri City IR so that means he is out for at least 45 days. He is listed as playing last Friday night but not Saturday night against USA. Surgery usually means a bad break of some sort. Sounds like his play was on an upswing listening to some of the postgame stuff on the TC website. Nothing said about his injury though. Bummer for him. Probably guarantees another year of juniors? He scored his first regular season goal on 11/24 against DesMoines. Watching those video highlights he appeared to be getting a lot of ice time and quite involved. Hope this doesn't set him back too much.

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Definitely not the smartest editorialized column for Mr. Veale to have published today. Emotionally, it reminds me too much of Schlossman's "perennial doormats" rant in the GF Herald from '06.

Shirtless Guy
12-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Definitely not the smartest editorialized column for Mr. Veale to have published today. Emotionally, it reminds me too much of Schlossman's "perennial doormats" rant in the GF Herald from '06.I know you've moved on but it's obvious by Mr. Veale's column, many have not...and as you could probably guess, I don't think he's wrong at all.

bigblue_dl
12-14-2012, 08:34 AM
I know you've moved on but it's obvious by Mr. Veale's column, many have not...and as you could probably guess, I don't think he's wrong at all.Agree. Good for him, he should win a Pulitzer. **** the ____ and those other traitors.

manurespreader
12-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Well it's all water over the bridge now. I'm trying to look forward and not back but it's hard not to be unhappy when certain things get said by certain arrogant posters from certain arrogant schools.
Will it turn out to be better for college hockey in general? I doubt it, but I'm sure we will all make the best of it anyway.

I think the whole rationale for doing it was nuts. Mostly it's a red herring though I'm sure many believe it.

I suspect we will see a lot of physical play by both sides tonight. I wonder how some of our players are doing and if they will be in the lineup. I'll bet a dollar to a donut they make JJ a target again.

oldish husky
12-14-2012, 10:58 AM
I suspect we will see a lot of physical play by both sides tonight. I wonder how some of our players are doing and if they will be in the lineup. I'll bet a dollar to a donut they make JJ a target again.

Agreed, and why wouldn't they make JJ and Blake P targets? Until the two of them can show enough discipline to let the goal scoring do the talking, it's what UND should do. Get two good players off their game and take it from there.

bose301s
12-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Man this season has been a massive disappointment, haven't been able to get much of anything going in pretty much any game. Such high hopes coming in, but at this point I would be happy if we could finish higher than 12th place, but if we keep playing like we have been it probably won't happen. I just wonder why we have taken such huge steps back this year from last year. I really do like Mel and know we have talented players, but this has been tough to follow.

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Brett Olson was the man; this team lacks a true leader amongst this crop of upperclassmen. As for the freshmen, young talent is young.

mtu_huskies
12-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Brutal, Mel sounded defeated/disapointed

Mel's postgame thoughts:
Give UND credit, their skill guys know what to do with puck
Slow start, tough to give up goal to make it 2-0
It's a tight game, Petan had a chance to tie it up, didn't
We can't kill a penalty rigth now, we're trying hard, CJ Eick, had a chance to clear the puck, didn't, they score
We're not playing on the right side of the puck, we're leaving the guy in front of the net to get to the puck
They had guys wide open
Everyone is disapointed, we played so well defensively at NMU and UW, now at home we're going to put on a show and didn't play D
Needed Kevin to make a save here or there, their guy did that
PP, sloppy with the puck at times, have to find loose puck, have to do a better job
PK, a lot of little things, didn't play smart tonight
D. Johnstone, timing was off a bit tonight, but he's eager to be out there, good to be in the lineup
Lineup changes tomorrow? you'll see some changes, need each individual to be critical of themselves
For some reason, we come home and worried about putting on a show instead of being rock solid defensively
Hang in there fans, it's a process, we'll beat these guys eventually

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-14-2012, 08:52 PM
It's pretty clear that with the home winless streak now standing at six, the team is playing head games in front of a home crowd. How this is being addressed, if at all, who knows?

manurespreader
12-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Well it appears that other teams know our defensive weaknesses and are able to capitalize on them. I think this has been true from the very beginning of the year. I do believe the coach though when he says we will get better and it's a process. It's just frustrating now.

Shirtless, knowing what you know about the recruits, 1. Do we have a scorer of quality coming in 2. Do we have a solid defender or two coming in? and 3. Are there any other recruits you see for next year that can help us?

huskyfan
12-15-2012, 09:26 AM
its got to be a head game. seriously, we are not this bad.

Huskiefan906
12-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech has been out of sync since the big win over Minnesota. The talent is there but the injuries have hurt the 4 line chemistry. I want to see Tech play well at the GLI. Let's get it going tonight against ND.

GO TECH

The Rube
12-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech has been out of sync since the big win over Minnesota. The talent is there but the injuries have hurt the 4 line chemistry. I want to see Tech play well at the GLI. Let's get it going tonight against ND.

GO TECH

This. I've seen a couple other Tech games, and they have not come close to what they showed against MN. All tArrogance aside about "MN is (x's) title game," MTU has clearly turned into a WTeFF situation.

cross cheque
12-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Shirtless, knowing what you know about the recruits, 1. Do we have a scorer of quality coming in 2. Do we have a solid defender or two coming in? and 3. Are there any other recruits you see for next year that can help us?

Already looking at next season eh? #notalikemindedschool

Shirtless Guy
12-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Well it appears that other teams know our defensive weaknesses and are able to capitalize on them. I think this has been true from the very beginning of the year. I do believe the coach though when he says we will get better and it's a process. It's just frustrating now.

Shirtless, knowing what you know about the recruits, 1. Do we have a scorer of quality coming in 2. Do we have a solid defender or two coming in? and 3. Are there any other recruits you see for next year that can help us?I think their focus has been on improving the defensive corps and I think they've done that with guys like Mark Auk, Marcus Ericsson, Dane Birks, Travis Brown, Tristan Rostagno. There is certainly potential in the future forwards but I can't wrap my head around anyone that comes in with the potential of Blake Pietila or Jujhar Khaira. Lots of solid guys and hopefully some blossom into top flight players.

geezer
12-15-2012, 11:47 AM
It's easy to despair right now, when our guys don't even bother showing up to play in a big home game. But I still like our young guys, and still think the potential is there for a good run a couple years from now. A telling stat was provided by Stephen Anderson: none of Tech's last 24 goals have come from an upperclassman forward. For whatever reason they've disappeared completely, but I don't see that happening with Blake P, Kero, D Johnstone, Khaira and the other young guys. And even the forward recruits, while not blue chippers, I think are generally more talented than we usually have had over the last 20 years.

burd
12-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Although no one wants their team to lose a hockey game, I think you have a lot of other fan bases wanting Tech to succeed as well.