Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

4 of those 5 Tech goals were scored by crashing the net for rebounds/bounces. I hope they've learned their lesson.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      4 of those 5 Tech goals were scored by crashing the net for rebounds/bounces. I hope they've learned their lesson.
      Go to the net and clean up the trash. Gotta be garbage men out there. Ugly goals count for just as much as the pretty ones do.

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
        Go to the net and clean up the trash. Gotta be garbage men out there. Ugly goals count for just as much as the pretty ones do.
        Gosh... where have I heard that before?
        Different context, of course.
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

As a BSU fan, I was bummed. Up 4-1 and on a roll late in the 2nd period, and then we successfully manage to do all the little things necessary to permit a comeback. Between periods, I was trolling around the hallways of the Sanford Center hoping to show off my vintage 1971 NMU basketball letter jacket and strike up a conversation, only to find no one in Tech apparel. I did the same when Lake State was here. After the game, I did see someone in a white & gold Tech sweatshirt but by then, I had lost my sense of humor. Hopefully, I can regain it tonight. GO BEAVERS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
            As a BSU fan, I was bummed. Up 4-1 and on a roll late in the 2nd period, and then we successfully manage to do all the little things necessary to permit a comeback. Between periods, I was trolling around the hallways of the Sanford Center hoping to show off my vintage 1971 NMU basketball letter jacket and strike up a conversation, only to find no one in Tech apparel. I did the same when Lake State was here. After the game, I did see someone in a white & gold Tech sweatshirt but by then, I had lost my sense of humor. Hopefully, I can regain it tonight. GO BEAVERS!
            There will be at least three more Tech fans and a NMU fan there tonight.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

A sweep would go a long way toward improving my mood. Who starts in net tonight? I'd guess Phillips gets his chance?
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I have a feeling its genoe again.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                  There will be at least three more Tech fans and a NMU fan there tonight.
                  Cheer loud, friends!
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

How could you not start Genoe?
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      definitely agree Genoe deserves the start, therefore I think Phillips will get the nod.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        well I didn't see the game yesterday, but his GAA hasn't been exactly stellar. I thought they might give the kid a chance.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          One other thing from my limited viewing: JJ Khaira is a big athletic beast. When the flow of the game starts to click for him more, he's going to be very scary for the bad guys and a joy for Tech fans. Hopefully that happens before the end of 2012.
                          It's still 2012, and maybe the flow of the game is starting to click for him. Actually, he directed the flow of the game at times last night.

Genoe certainly has been stout in the latter part of recent games.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            A sweep would go a long way toward improving my mood

go tech.

and yes, another big game from JJ, 2nd star, he's looking good. Genoe as well, putting it together.

Comment

Another OT win! A few bounces went our way tonight, but we also played well. All those shots and only 2 goals though.

Mel's postgame thoughts:
                              Big win, our guys played well from the get go, we dictated the way the game woudl go
                              Little stretch in 3rd they got momentum, but for a majority we were the better team
                              Didn't sense a lul like Friday night, we played hard
                              Genoe made some big saves
                              Liked our composure, thought Petans goal should have counted, struck shortly after that
                              Big win, the week off really helped us, nice going into break with 2 Wins
                              Blake Pietila, nervous when he went down in 2nd, but came back/hung in there
                              Discipline of our team was good, did a great job
                              They said goaltender interference, Petan bumped goalies arm/crease, but Mel feels Goalie bumped into Petan
                              Hyland did a nice job tonight, a lot of special teams, good vision, poise with the puck
                              Have had good luck in OT, with exception of DU/Final Five, we like OT
                              so happy for our players, they've worked so hard
                              We will practice for a few days, would like for guys to go home and enjoy their families and then get back at it to get ready for UMD
                              On game winner, foot race, BSU guy lost his edge, Jujhar got the puck, good no call, things even out, Tech's goal should've been good earlier in the game
                              Get your tickets for Duluth in a couple weeks, a good turnout woudl be great, or guys are working hard

Comment

Watched the game on the Bemidji internet feed tonight...almost fell asleep due to their monotone announcers. WKMJ was about 15 seconds out of sync with the Bemidji video....arrrrggghh! Ice must have been terrible....puck looked like a tennis ball. Pietila, Khaira, Johnstone, Petan and Seigo looked great. Nice to see Hyland play. I thought he looked pretty good. I'm still worried about our goaltending. I'd like to get a look at Phillips in a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X